Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MollyGodiva

Low End Laptop Suggestions?

6 comments in this topic

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
438 posts
7,566 battles

I am going to be traveling soon and I am looking for an inexpensive laptop that can play WoWs.

I have no preference on GPU/CPU. I do want at least 512 GB drive. I am hoping to be around $700. There are some refurbished units on Amazon that might work, but my knowledge of laptops and gaming specs is limited. I just need it to run WoWs on low settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
49 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

I am going to be traveling soon and I am looking for an inexpensive laptop that can play WoWs.

I have no preference on GPU/CPU. I do want at least 512 GB drive. I am hoping to be around $700. There are some refurbished units on Amazon that might work, but my knowledge of laptops and gaming specs is limited. I just need it to run WoWs on low settings.

PC Magazine best-rated super-cheap budget gaming laptop for 2022. You get what you pay for though as it doesn't have the superb graphics of the $1,500 plus gaming laptops. It's more than powerful enough to play WOWS on decent settings though.

$694.00

81HFdfYDgPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-i5-10300H-Processor/dp/B09M93XBZJ?tag=p00935-20&ascsubtag=038KkSCKjUOE9rezirN8JJ1

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Thanks 2

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
438 posts
7,566 battles
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

PC Magazine best-rated super-cheap budget gaming laptop for 2022. You get what you pay for though as it doesn't have the superb graphics of the $1,500 plus gaming laptops. It's more than powerful enough to play WOWS on decent settings though.

$694.00

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-i5-10300H-Processor/dp/B09M93XBZJ?tag=p00935-20&ascsubtag=038KkSCKjUOE9rezirN8JJ1

Much appreciated.

[WPORT]
Members
20,653 posts
22,604 battles
1 hour ago, MollyGodiva said:

I'm currently playing with an Acer Nitro 5 entry-level gaming laptop.

Device name    LAPTOP-[Redacted]
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz   2.40 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)

Product ID    00325-81544-77432-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

NVIDIA GeForce GeForce® GTX 1650  3GB graphics card.

Windows 10

I purchased it 2 to 3 years ago, at a local Best Buy retail store, so you can probably find something with newer components (with better specifications) in their current product line-up.
It runs World of Warships just fine.
If nothing else it is something for you to compare other products with, during your research.  (And here's a link to a good place to do research https://www.newegg.com/  )

I suggest getting a keyboard and mouse of your choice.  The keboard is still working on mine, but some of the keys have had their labeling worn-off.  Not a problem for a touch-typist, just an F.Y.I. tidbit.
A "normal" mouse is more user-friendly than most touch-pads that laptops have, in my opinion.

Good luck with your shopping experience.  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 hours ago, MollyGodiva said:

Here is WOWS playing on the video card that the laptop I linked has in it. The laptop's i5-11300H is a much better processor than the 3470 of the computer in the video. WOWS should play fine on max settings with the laptop mentioned, provided a sufficiently fast internet connection and that you aren't trying to force too big of an external monitor with too high resolution on it (if you use one).

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Any current Ryzen 5 laptop with integrated graphics will run WoWS at medium settings for $450.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this