Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Potter

Premium Battle Pass Price

140 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,046
[WOLFG]
Members
1,252 posts
21,798 battles

The price for the whole premium battle pass will be 2,500 doubloons. That will allow you to get extra goodies, plus the premium tier 7 once you complete the Battle Pass chain. Much cheaper than I expected. $10 for extra goodies and a premium tier VII is quite the deal in my opinion. (And yes, I know I was quite snarky in my original post, lol. And yes, I actually do feel kinda bad about it now.)

1888032848_Screenshot2022-10-31141530.thumb.jpg.0cc81234473c00ccffcba5186ec43f38.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
798
[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
669 posts
3,103 battles

Well just take into account that it's like the dockyard - you still have to grind out 50 BP levels

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[WOLFG]
Members
1,252 posts
21,798 battles
Just now, Elijah2159 said:

Well just take into account that it's like the dockyard - you still have to grind out 50 BP levels

I do it anyway, lol. I already grind out every daily mission and container, get all the rewards. It shouldn't be any more difficult than what I am doing right now.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
16 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I do it anyway, lol. I already grind out every daily mission and container, get all the rewards. It shouldn't be any more difficult than what I am doing right now.

yeah i certainly don't but at least i think with bp, you can go at your own pace... (i hope) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles

First we had premium account time.

Then we had WOWS premium time.

Then we loose the effective rewards for dailies. 

Then we have to pay extra to get what we used to get plus some additional fluff....

Next we will have an option to add battle bonuses on top of what we have to make it a stupendous match.....

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
36 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

First we had premium account time.

Then we had WOWS premium time.

Then we loose the effective rewards for dailies. 

Then we have to pay extra to get what we used to get plus some additional fluff....

Next we will have an option to add battle bonuses on top of what we have to make it a stupendous match.....

 

and toss in what seems to be an increasing number of bxp requirements 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[STRM]
Beta Testers
650 posts
51 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

First we had premium account time.

Then we had WOWS premium time.

Then we loose the effective rewards for dailies. 

Then we have to pay extra to get what we used to get plus some additional fluff....

Next we will have an option to add battle bonuses on top of what we have to make it a stupendous match.....

 

To be fair we're not losing ALL of them, we get a tad more coal and steel, but a hell of a lot less of silver and bonuses. The loss of the daily 500xp bonus is particularly regretful. 

To everyone who's overjoyed at the good reward at the end of the first Battle Pass (the ship), I guarantee you it won't last. The subsequent ones will get worse and worse, you just watch. 

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[-MOE-]
Members
116 posts
10,881 battles
15 minutes ago, Fighter835 said:

To be fair we're not losing ALL of them, we get a tad more coal and steel, but a hell of a lot less of silver and bonuses. The loss of the daily 500xp bonus is particularly regretful. 

To everyone who's overjoyed at the good reward at the end of the first Battle Pass (the ship), I guarantee you it won't last. The subsequent ones will get worse and worse, you just watch. 

TBH the 500 xp kind of forcing me to play a non elite ship first battle. Even though that xp is just a tiny amount...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,697
[WHIPI]
Members
1,606 posts
18,750 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

The price for the whole premium battle pass will be 2,500 doubloons. That will allow you to get extra goodies, plus the premium tier 7 once you complete the Battle Pass chain. Much cheaper than I expected. $10 for extra goodies and a premium tier VII is quite the deal in my opinion. (And yes, I know I was quite snarky in my original post, lol. And yes, I actually do feel kinda bad about it now.)

1888032848_Screenshot2022-10-31141530.thumb.jpg.0cc81234473c00ccffcba5186ec43f38.jpg

sounds similar to the "Monsters of Steel" (about 5 years ago) event that you had to pay for

 

Edit:  the campaign was called "Steel Monsters"

Steel Monsters - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

 

Edited by Snoopys_Odyssey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[WOLF9]
Members
2,318 posts
35,881 battles

If 2500 dubloons is truly the monthly price I would seriously consider purchasing it for at least a few months.

I have premium time for another 4 months.

I have the original versions of three of the black ships that I like that are up for sale on Black Friday.

I almost never buy Santa crates (maybe a few for fun like last year - no expectations).

Not seeing any ships on the horizon that appeal to me.

Time will tell.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
3 minutes ago, kyesac said:

If 2500 dubloons is truly the monthly price I would seriously consider purchasing it for at least a few months.

I have premium time for another 4 months.

I have the original versions of three of the black ships that I like that are up for sale on Black Friday.

I almost never buy Santa crates (maybe a few for fun like last year - no expectations).

Not seeing any ships on the horizon that appeal to me.

Time will tell.

Seeing the Santa ship list for this year, I am passing on Santa crates for the first time ever.

I paid last year to get Smaland,  and 2 other ships I didn't have, so this year I have all the rewardable ships....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

and toss in what seems to be an increasing number of bxp requirements 

 

I have over 400 days premium and I absolutely refuse to pay for BOTH premium and a battles pass...

Pock 1 WG, but not both....

Since regular premium and WOWS premium doesn't stack I stopped buying premium over half a year ago...

I think I'll use this year to start saving up a huge bank of money and FEXP and wait to see what's the best choice after my premium runs out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
1 hour ago, Fighter835 said:

To be fair we're not losing ALL of them, we get a tad more coal and steel, but a hell of a lot less of silver and bonuses. The loss of the daily 500xp bonus is particularly regretful. 

To everyone who's overjoyed at the good reward at the end of the first Battle Pass (the ship), I guarantee you it won't last. The subsequent ones will get worse and worse, you just watch. 

Green bonuses practically gone.

Red bonuses gone.

I used to have tons of dragon flags, now not many red or green bonuses....

We are not winning anything better ever since new economic bonuses change. The battle pass is a small carrot to say here some more goodies....they are actually less than what we could get last year...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
6 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

First we had premium account time.

Then we had WOWS premium time.

Then we loose the effective rewards for dailies. 

Then we have to pay extra to get what we used to get plus some additional fluff....

Next we will have an option to add battle bonuses on top of what we have to make it a stupendous match.....

 

You're forgetting we first had the promise of "Unified Currency" so that we could use our WOT gold in WOWS and that Aircraft game they made. They even made vids about it. Then they reneged...

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,695
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,860 posts
30,566 battles
25 minutes ago, xamdam said:

You're forgetting we first had the promise of "Unified Currency" so that we could use our WOT gold in WOWS and that Aircraft game they made. They even made vids about it. Then they reneged...

This one really still makes me mad. I had dabbled in Planes and actively played Tanks and because of that Unified Account stuff, had zero problem spending money on those titles. Then they bailed on that promise... I quit playing Planes pretty quickly but Tanks I was active in for 3 years or so. The equipment rework just did me in and I stopped playing, just logging in to collect easy rewards. I finally uninstalled Tanks last week and with it my 20k gold that Wargaming refused several times to move over to Ships. Understand that was gold bought with money as I never played Ranked or whatnot, for free gold.  Of all the broken promises from these people it is the one that totally stripped away any bit of trust I had in them as a company and their employees. 

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,167
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
9 hours ago, SKurj said:

yeah i certainly don't but at least i think with bp, you can go at your own pace... (i hope) 

I'll be surprised if there is some time gating.  WG loves their time gates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
1 hour ago, xamdam said:

You're forgetting we first had the promise of "Unified Currency" so that we could use our WOT gold in WOWS and that Aircraft game they made. They even made vids about it. Then they reneged...

Yup.....

Least we forget....

Jo subs either....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[PIXEL]
Members
478 posts
34,455 battles

 

joe subs...

someone is gonna take that name

 

 

no one has produced a vid of them saying "never" in connection with jo no subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[WOLFX]
Members
815 posts
1,713 battles
11 minutes ago, ErikTheVikingMoose said:

remarkably similar to the World of Tanks battle pass, which has already been around for several years it seems now and quite a success. Even the FREE part has some cool stuff.

dontpanic.jpg

There is always one!

CMs will love you.

Only time will tell if they can be trusted on this one.

We should know by February next year.

Edited by cammaj
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,861
[TDRB]
Members
7,373 posts
16,186 battles
12 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

The price for the whole premium battle pass will be 2,500 doubloons. That will allow you to get extra goodies, plus the premium tier 7 once you complete the Battle Pass chain. Much cheaper than I expected. $10 for extra goodies and a premium tier VII is quite the deal in my opinion. (And yes, I know I was quite snarky in my original post, lol. And yes, I actually do feel kinda bad about it now.)

It doesn't take a Ph.D. in marketing to know WG believes this change will entice players to log in daily, play more, and spend more $$$$. Yes, they want to make more money, just like everybody else.

At $10 the premium Battle Pass isn't way overpriced. The ship makes the premium pass worth it. I won't say this will be the only time you can earn a ship but IMO ships will be few & far between.

The game is still F2P. You can still earn Battle Pass rewards without spending a dime.  This is not bad at the start. Before calling it good or bad, we'll need to see how it evolves.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
132 posts
14 hours ago, Elijah2159 said:

Well just take into account that it's like the dockyard - you still have to grind out 50 BP levels

I believe you can upgrade to Premium at any time though? So if you really want the final stage reward you can wait until you're in the final week of the patch cycle before spending the Doubloons.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
On 11/1/2022 at 12:28 AM, Slimeball91 said:

I'll be surprised if there is some time gating.  WG loves their time gates.

i'll be surprised if there isn't...

 

nvm of course there is time gates, and with the premium+ package you get an extra weekly mission

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

I believe you can upgrade to Premium at any time though? So if you really want the final stage reward you can wait until you're in the final week of the patch cycle before spending the Doubloons.

we will see...   alot of the rewards that make this close to comparable to before comes in the later stages, some after completion - in all the containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[WOLFX]
Members
815 posts
1,713 battles

Is it true that port slot attainment will no longer be a mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×