Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Bringing Our Graphics to Life

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
22 minutes ago, WoWsNewsBot said:

Work on improving the visual component of our game is ongoing.


Read it on the portal

Fire-fighting Scenario Operation is coming "when"?  
Inquiring minds want to know.

image_2022-11-01_092321130.thumb.png.c10e49e7903abe2bb8caa9aa0bec338e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[USCG]
Members
1,004 posts
31,448 battles

As always, hats off to the graphics division at WGing for a beautiful game...even on my older computer!!

Just wish those that made decisions regarding what get put into this game were on the same level.  Subs look great, just wish they weren't here... 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles

I thnk we need more & better ways to explore and view the Art Department's work, though.  :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,043
[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,124 battles
42 minutes ago, WoWsNewsBot said:

Work on improving the visual component of our game is ongoing.

Amazing work as usual by the graphics team.  For true appreciation, I would love to be able to go back in time to some of the 4.0 of 5.0 patches to see the difference in visuals between then and now.  No doubt it would be dramatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[T_N_R]
Members
53 posts
17,274 battles

Rather than continue to enhance graphics that are already stunning, how about we add visual crew members aboard the ships so they are no longer ghost ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[-SSN-]
Alpha Tester
36 posts
5,857 battles

I think the art department has hit it out of the park again as usual though I think that the dynamic reflection of the ships is a bit much. I have never seen a ship whose sides were made up of a reflective surface. I may be a bit out of touch with it figuring I retired from the USN 22 years ago but even ships I have seen recently did not reflect the water like that. But as I said at the beginning you have again blown us away.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,569
[CAAT]
Members
6,191 posts
7,996 battles

Praise be to the WG Art Dept that always carries this game! <3 

With that said though....honestly, as nice as things like the Aurora Borealis looks, and dynamic reflection might be kinda interesting, I'd rather the WG Art Dept focus on more substantial changes like:

  • AA attack animations for dual-purpose secondaries. I would LOVE to see my DP secondaries swivel upward to "attack" enemy aircraft when they're not targeting ships (animation only, does not affect AA damage done/game balance)
  • giving the main battery and secondaries more OOMPH, and more smoke and whatnot. These are very powerful guns, and the FX should reflect this a lot more.

(Also, WG Art Dept went a little TOO far with putting the camos on the planes, so we STILL need an option to turn that off, please!)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
654
[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,237 posts
12,853 battles
2 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Praise be to the WG Art Dept that always carries this game! <3 

With that said though....honestly, as nice as things like the Aurora Borealis looks, and dynamic reflection might be kinda interesting, I'd rather the WG Art Dept focus on more substantial changes like:

  • AA attack animations for dual-purpose secondaries. I would LOVE to see my DP secondaries swivel upward to "attack" enemy aircraft when they're not targeting ships (animation only, does not affect AA damage done/game balance)
  • giving the main battery and secondaries more OOMPH, and more smoke and whatnot. These are very powerful guns, and the FX should reflect this a lot more.

(Also, WG Art Dept went a little TOO far with putting the camos on the planes, so we STILL need an option to turn that off, please!)

Agreed all the guns need animations!
Also the other neat little things on the ship too

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JAYSS]
Members
1 post
3,541 battles
12 hours ago, Aptar111 said:

Rather than continue to enhance graphics that are already stunning, how about we add visual crew members aboard the ships so they are no longer ghost ships?

I Very Mouch agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×