Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeFiler_2021

Has the MM been much better lately?

14 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
127 posts
5,868 battles

I don't think it's a coincidence but the last 20 to 25 battles I have played has been very well balanced. I have played BBs, DDs and Cruisers and have noticed that the teams have been much better. Have still lost a fair share but at least feel I had a chance to win or do well. Just want to see if anyone else noticed. Thanks

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I'm pretty sure that the matchmaker is operating like it always has. What shows up in your match depends a lot on what the matchmaker has available to pick from and how long players have been waiting for a match. Recently, I got put into a 7v7 Random match with a DD and a sub on one team and only one DD on the other.

image.png.52e46be71f6944c645fb672da2f1883c.png

Edited by Snargfargle

[O_O]
Members
7,898 posts
22,127 battles

Players have complained about the matchmaker since this game was released.  I have been playing since the beginning of Open Beta...and I really just don't see an issue with the matchmaking.  Sometimes you are top tier, sometimes you are not.  There was a time when I agreed with many of those I saw complaining on this forum that I was bottom tier the majority of the time.  So, I started keeping track and have continued to do so to this day.  The results of that quickly refuted my initial beliefs.  I kept track of every game played in tiers 5 through 8 ships.  Here are my results:

Tier 5:  467 games played, 298 were bottom tier, or 64%.  However, 123 of those bottom tier games were only -1 tier.  Tier 5 is unique in this aspect.

Tier 6:  983 games played, 355 were bottom tier, or 36%.

Tier 7:  1176 games played, 305 were bottom tier, or 26%.

Tier 8:  1424 games played, 567 were bottom tier, or 40%.

Matchmaking is not as broken as I initially though it was.  The human mind simply tends to remember the negative experiences and minimizes the positive ones.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Thanks 2

Members
150 posts
2,565 battles
2 hours ago, DeFiler_2021 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence but the last 20 to 25 battles I have played has been very well balanced. I have played BBs, DDs and Cruisers and have noticed that the teams have been much better. Have still lost a fair share but at least feel I had a chance to win or do well. Just want to see if anyone else noticed. Thanks

It all depends on how you look at it. I was just in a full tier 10 match where all 3 of our DD, 1 BB, and 2 CA were dead in the first 8 minutes. They did not die because of the MM, they died over the fact that they pretty much committed suicide. Both cruisers were lost at sea while sailing broadside to battleships. The DD died by rushing into caps, getting radared and killed. The BB died after going in with one of the DD right at the start. He then put out a single fire, set it on fire again, and then got torpedoed and died. So can you call this the fault of the MM? Not really. Needless to say, we lost.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
50 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Players have complained about the matchmaker since this game was released.  I have been playing since the beginning of Open Beta...and I really just don't see an issue with the matchmaking.  Sometimes you are top tier, sometimes you are not.  There was a time when I agreed with many of those I saw complaining on this forum that I was bottom tier much more than I was top tier.  So, I started keeping track and have continued to do so to this day.  The results of that quickly refuted my initial beliefs.  I kept track of every game played in tiers 5 through 8 ships.  Here are my results:

Tier 5:  467 games played, 298 were bottom tier, or 64%.  However, 123 of those bottom tier games were only -1 tier.  Tier 5 is unique in this aspect.

Tier 6:  983 games played, 355 were bottom tier, or 36%.

Tier 7:  1176 games played, 305 were bottom tier, or 26%.

Tier 8:  1424 games played, 567 were bottom tier, or 40%.

Matchmaking is not as broken as I initially though it was.  The human mind simply tends to remember the negative experiences and minimize the positive ones.

I applaud your record keeping!

[-AGW-]
Members
765 posts
47,441 battles

Negatives?

Like in Co-op? 

Force feeding either or both CVs and subs when no human has selected them?

Edited by Musket22
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[RPTN]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
4,954 battles

Short answer: no.

Long answer: confirmation bias, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Members
1,032 posts
21,140 battles

Nah. I had another 2cv, 3 sub tier 8 game yesterday (I personally enjoy the change of pace, but almost everyone else despises them). Another 3 sub game today.

Two days ago was my weekly poopfest where I won 2 of 12, despite 2 krakens and 3 high calibers (included one tier 6 team that couldn’t break 400bxp).

Edited by Telastyn

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
13 hours ago, DeFiler_2021 said:

how much did you spend in the premium shop?  (j/k)

Members
6,892 posts
14,881 battles
9 hours ago, Musket22 said:

Force feeding either or both CVs and subs when no human has selected them?

Add HE spamming CAs/DDs from concealment to that list and it might be realistic.

Members
6,892 posts
14,881 battles
13 hours ago, DeFiler_2021 said:

Not from my side where most of the time - for the last week - where we lose the first ship (usually a DD), throw games late, and have the first 4 ships die in the first 5 minutes.  More than once - a BB was the first to die without subs/CVs in the game.

[PASN]
Members
40 posts
8,136 battles

Hit or miss for me.  Friday, no losses in random/really nice games (great close games down to the wire), a real joy to play.  Now on Saturday and Sunday, shaking my head wondering where some of these players came from.  Frankly, a total crap shoot (it is what it is).  So, can I see any changes in MM?  No, just the luck of the draw as usual.

Sign in to follow this