Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Potter

Anniversary Battle Performance Bonuses

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,009
[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles

EDIT: I didn't fully understand the chart/wording for the Extra Bonus Rewards when I made this post. I thought you had to clear 1,000 Base XP if you have 300-399 ships to unlock the Extra Bonus Rewards when that isn't the case. It's explained how it actually works below by others, so now I'm not worried about clearing all of the Bonus Rewards any longer in the allotted time frame we're given.

 

Greetings. I noticed WG is giving us much less time (close to 3 weeks less) to acquire the Anniversary Battle Performance Bonuses this year for the 7th Anniversary compared to the 6th Anniversary event.

 

6th Anniversary: (Post date of article was 9/17/2021)

45472477_6thAnniversary.thumb.jpg.b5382f20784f2fdf26f978b9cd80ce59.jpg

 

7th Anniversary:

1008797054_7thAnniversary.thumb.jpg.45c877c7ee1daf546f7125a37c8772e6.jpg

 

Now, I understand we are getting the increased amount Rewards for each battle if we reach a certain Base XP for the 7th Anniversary:

993814846_7thAnniversary-2.thumb.jpg.1b46376304df685852c109180e824ba8.jpg

 

I fit into the 300-399 Ships in Port category, and it requires me to get 1,000 Base XP per battle to activate the Extra Bonus Rewards. That will require me to either play Operations (if they count towards it), Randoms or Ranked, which I don't mind, but I don't play often enough to guarantee I will get enough 1,000 Base XP battles to clear all the Bonus Performance Rewards from my ships. I mean, not every game is going to be a 1,000 Base XP game because I am barely an average player at best and I am not a good in some ships as I am in others. And once you clear a Bonus Performance Reward from a ship, it cannot be used again to clear more Extra Bonus Rewards.

My Issue is, why are we getting much less time to clear the Battle Performance Rewards for the 7th Anniversary compared to the 6th Anniversary? Over 2 weeks less time?  I feel the Extra Bonus Rewards aren't going to be enough for me to clear all Anniversary Battle Performance Rewards.

Edited by Colonel_Potter
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
298 posts
135 battles
1 hour ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I fit into the 300-399 Ships in Port category, and it requires me to get 1,000 Base XP per battle to activate the Extra Bonus Rewards. That will require me to either play Operations (if they count towards it), Randoms or Ranked, which I don't mind, but I don't play often enough to guarantee I will get enough 1,000 Base XP battles to clear all the Bonus Performance Rewards from my ships.

That's not quite how it works. The number of ships in port essentially tells you the maximum number Extra Rewards you can get. E.g at 300-399 ships the maximum number of Extra Rewards you can get is 3 (@ 1k bXP), but if you only get 900bXP in a battle , you'll still get 2 Extra Rewards to use

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,009
[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles
29 minutes ago, Magnus_Lux said:

That's not quite how it works. The number of ships in port essentially tells you the maximum number Extra Rewards you can get. E.g at 300-399 ships the maximum number of Extra Rewards you can get is 3 (@ 1k bXP), but if you only get 900bXP in a battle , you'll still get 2 Extra Rewards to use

Ah, I thought you had to get the the 1,000 Base XP just to activate the Extra Rewards Bonus. If that's the case, then it should be a lot easier if you still get Extra Rewards even if I don't make the 1,000 Base XP threshold. Thanks for the information.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,054
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,427 posts
29,049 battles
10 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Ah, I thought you had to get the the 1,000 Base XP just to activate the Extra Rewards Bonus. If that's the case, then it should be a lot easier if you still get Extra Rewards even if I don't make the 1,000 Base XP threshold. Thanks for the information.

I guess they figure if you can get your rewards twice as fast (or faster) then you can live with a shortened anniversary celebration. They must be clearing the decks for the Halloween event...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,056
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
2 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

My Issue is, why are we getting much less time to clear the Battle Performance Rewards for the 7th Anniversary compared to the 6th Anniversary? Over 2 weeks less time?  I feel the Extra Bonus Rewards aren't going to be enough for me to clear all Anniversary Battle Performance Rewards.

The wording can be a little difficult to understand, but the new system is not "qualifying to get more/better stuff than otherwise".  The new system is "qualifying to clear multiple snowflakes at once".

image.png

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes into Co-Op and plays for 4 minutes to earn 410 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflake on that ship -and- get a token to clear a second snowflake from a ship of their choice.
    • Note: Only ships with snowflakes on them count for this clearing/bonus clearing stuff.

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes in Random and plays for 10 minutes to earn 872 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflanke on that ship -and- get 2 tokens to clear two other snowflakes from ships of their choice.

-

This not only allows snowflakes to be cleared more easily, but it also means players can clear snowflakes at a quick pace in Random/Ranked.  This means the playerbase won't have to spam hundreds of games in Co-Op to get snowflakes done in the shortest time possible.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[A-I-M]
Members
4,854 posts
18,002 battles
4 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

…This not only allows snowflakes to be cleared more easily, but it also means players can clear snowflakes at a quick pace in Random/Ranked.  This means the playerbase won't have to spam hundreds of games in Co-Op to get snowflakes done in the shortest time possible.

I know a ship can clear its snowflake only once.

But can a ship be used again to clear snowflakes from OTHER ships, with the XP-driven bonus reward collecting system?

Is a ship limited to clearing flakes only from other ships within its own tier? Or can it clear flakes from lower-tiered ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
29 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

I know a ship can clear its snowflake only once.

But can a ship be used again to clear snowflakes from OTHER ships, with the XP-driven bonus reward collecting system?

No, it can only clear other snowflakes as it clears its own flake.

29 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

Is a ship limited to clearing flakes only from other ships within its own tier? Or can it clear flakes from lower-tiered ships?

From ANY OTHER SHIP with a flake. You could use the Krasny Krym to clear a flake from the Yamato (though I agree that most owners of both would probably do it the other way around!). 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
3 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I noticed WG is giving us much less time (close to 3 weeks less) to acquire the Anniversary Battle Performance Bonuses this year for the 7th Anniversary compared to the 6th Anniversary event.

They gave us two whole patches last year, which I recall was unusual, though certainly not unwelcome. The downside of that is that flake clearing from Anniversary ran straight on in to the Christmas/New year cycle, and that was a pain in the aft.

This year, the clearing SHOULD be a lot quicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,056
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
47 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

I know a ship can clear its snowflake only once.

But can a ship be used again to clear snowflakes from OTHER ships, with the XP-driven bonus reward collecting system?

As stated above, you must have a snowflake on a ship to enable the snowflake-clearing system.

  • You can clear the snowflake from the ship you are using.
    • You can clear snowflakes from other ships depending on your port-size and Base XP earnings in the battle your snowflake-laden ship has.
       
49 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

Is a ship limited to clearing flakes only from other ships within its own tier? Or can it clear flakes from lower-tiered ships?

There are no restrictions on what ship you clear with the snowflake-clearing tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,497
[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

The wording can be a little difficult to understand, but the new system is not "qualifying to get more/better stuff than otherwise".  The new system is "qualifying to clear multiple snowflakes at once".

image.png

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes into Co-Op and plays for 4 minutes to earn 410 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflake on that ship -and- get a token to clear a second snowflake from a ship of their choice.
    • Note: Only ships with snowflakes on them count for this clearing/bonus clearing stuff.

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes in Random and plays for 10 minutes to earn 872 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflanke on that ship -and- get 2 tokens to clear two other snowflakes from ships of their choice.

-

This not only allows snowflakes to be cleared more easily, but it also means players can clear snowflakes at a quick pace in Random/Ranked.  This means the playerbase won't have to spam hundreds of games in Co-Op to get snowflakes done in the shortest time possible.

So, to make sure I understand this:  CCOP = won't get maximum value....  Some of us don't play any of the PVP mode except rarely;......not because we can't, but, because we are not willing to cause others to lose those matches we are in (handicaps, old age, etc...)  So, because "we choose not to ruin others experiences", we get screwed because this event is not designed for COOP....  And, it's significantly shorter (if I am reading the above correctly) to insure that those COOP mains that do play Fullt-Time all day, will not have enough time to clear the objectives by grinding?

Do I have that correctly?  I do understand that "free stuff" is involved and all of us will get "somethings"......  It's just that some of us like this game, support this game financially, and yet, often seem to not be represented equally......

What am I missing???    I have 301 ships..... 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,879
[MISRY]
Members
1,335 posts

WG clearly is doing this to encourage random battle and ranked battle play. The problem with prior iterations of this is EVERYONE was slamming co-op leaving random battle queues a bit dry. The time gating to one patch along with the extra gifts based on base xp is to get players to do this in randoms, which looks like the better option than doing a few hundred ships in co-op at a battle each. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,056
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

So, to make sure I understand this:  CCOP = won't get maximum value....

The snowflake clearing system is not a "value" except in time-saving.  It allows a player to clear snowflakes faster.
 

2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Do I have that correctly?  I do understand that "free stuff" is involved and all of us will get "somethings"......

This anniversary event will have snowflake mechanics just like it did last year.  The difference this year is that a single battle can result in multiple snowflakes being cleared instead of a maximum of one.
 

3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

What am I missing???    I have 301 ships..... 

If you have 301 ships, you can take a snowflake-laden ship into battle:

  • If you win or received 300 Base XP...
    • ...you will only clear the snowflake off your ship.
  • If you win or received 400 Base XP...
    • ...you will clear the snowflake off your ship and gain a token that allows you to clear a snowflake off 1 other ship in your port.
  • If you win or received 800 Base XP...
    • ...you will clear the snowflake off your ship and gain a token that allows you to clear a snowflake off 2 other ships in your port.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,056
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
Just now, General_Lee_Miserable said:

WG clearly is doing this to encourage random battle and ranked battle play. The problem with prior iterations of this is EVERYONE was slamming co-op leaving random battle queues a bit dry. The time gating to one patch along with the extra gifts based on base xp is to get players to do this in randoms, which looks like the better option than doing a few hundred ships in co-op at a battle each. 

It's a system that allows all modes to be valuable in clearing snowflakes.

-

Co-Op matches last ~5 minutes.  If you average around 450 Base XP, that's 2 clears (current ship + 1 other in port)

Random Matches last ~15 minutes.  If you average around 1,200 Base XP (and have 500+ ships), that's 6 clears (current ship + 5 others in port)

-

Rough math for the above example would show

  • Co-Op at 6 clears per 15 minutes.
  • Randoms at 6 clears per 15 minutes.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[A-I-M]
Members
4,854 posts
18,002 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From ANY OTHER SHIP with a flake.

That’s good.

17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, it can only clear other snowflakes as it clears its own flake.

That’s bad.

I had really hoped the whole reward process could be transparent to normal play. It’s going to be better than it was, just not as good as it could be.

As it is, with the ability to pull three extra flakes at a time, my turd/gold ratio (gold=confident to take it into any mode, turd=it ain’t going into randoms or ranked) needs to be no larger than 3:1. Ideally, maybe have it down around 2.5:1, accounting for the likelihood that not every match is going to earn 1000 or more BXP. My fleet gold/turd ratio is about 3.5:1, so I’m over.

Means I’m not going to be able to keep quite all the turds out of the co-op punch bowl. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[36]
Members
465 posts
15,182 battles

I used to look forward to the anniversary, but this event is already giving me a headache. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,776
[ARR0W]
Members
5,973 posts
32,064 battles

Its free stuff, and they have made it easier to get. 

If you want it, do what's needed. This is a boon. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[TARK]
Members
793 posts
5,932 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The wording can be a little difficult to understand, but the new system is not "qualifying to get more/better stuff than otherwise".  The new system is "qualifying to clear multiple snowflakes at once".

image.png

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes into Co-Op and plays for 4 minutes to earn 410 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflake on that ship -and- get a token to clear a second snowflake from a ship of their choice.
    • Note: Only ships with snowflakes on them count for this clearing/bonus clearing stuff.

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes in Random and plays for 10 minutes to earn 872 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflanke on that ship -and- get 2 tokens to clear two other snowflakes from ships of their choice.

-

This not only allows snowflakes to be cleared more easily, but it also means players can clear snowflakes at a quick pace in Random/Ranked.  This means the playerbase won't have to spam hundreds of games in Co-Op to get snowflakes done in the shortest time possible.

This is one of the best changes every made in this game!!!!  This is going to save so much time, AND allow me to skip playing some of the boats that I am just terribad at.  haha

(thinking of you Kleber.... I can play the Marceau.  I thought the Kleber would be similar... nope.  lol)

Thank you for the explanation, Ahskance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225
[NWNG]
Members
3,848 posts
6,050 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The wording can be a little difficult to understand, but the new system is not "qualifying to get more/better stuff than otherwise".  The new system is "qualifying to clear multiple snowflakes at once".

image.png

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes into Co-Op and plays for 4 minutes to earn 410 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflake on that ship -and- get a token to clear a second snowflake from a ship of their choice.
    • Note: Only ships with snowflakes on them count for this clearing/bonus clearing stuff.

If someone with 200-299 ships in Port goes in Random and plays for 10 minutes to earn 872 Base XP...

  • They clear the snowflanke on that ship -and- get 2 tokens to clear two other snowflakes from ships of their choice.

-

This not only allows snowflakes to be cleared more easily, but it also means players can clear snowflakes at a quick pace in Random/Ranked.  This means the playerbase won't have to spam hundreds of games in Co-Op to get snowflakes done in the shortest time possible.

so the best way to clear snowflakes is entirely dependent on the amount of ships in port.
0-99 = Just do a bunch of Co-Op, since you get no bonus
100-199 = Just do a bunch of Co-op, base 400 in Co-Op is easy
200-299 = it is possible to get base 800 in Co-Op, but it's not guaranteed. You're better off doing Randoms or Operations.
300+ = Just do Operations with as many ships as possible, and then do randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,772
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,410 posts

For those that didn't play the PTS or watch the video, there is a tab where the container/missions tabs are that keeps track of how many "bonuses" you have earned and will open to this (from the video),

 

image.thumb.png.ff6d06c5ff3d0577ed29b7754fece1bb.png

 

where you can pick and choose which ships to knock the bonus off.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
949
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,472 posts
28,658 battles
14 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

so the best way to clear snowflakes is entirely dependent on the amount of ships in port.
0-99 = Just do a bunch of Co-Op, since you get no bonus
100-199 = Just do a bunch of Co-op, base 400 in Co-Op is easy
200-299 = it is possible to get base 800 in Co-Op, but it's not guaranteed. You're better off doing Randoms or Operations.
300+ = Just do Operations with as many ships as possible, and then do randoms.

Nice and simple.  Frankly, I don't get the hate and discontent people like to throw.  Everyone has the same opportunity to dust the flakes as before.  You can be totally ignorant to this process and do that.  Weegee has been kind enough to provide us a method of reducing the grind.  YAHOOO.  Anything is a benefit.

Let me say it, WeeGee, thank you!  Great idea.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[A-I-M]
Members
4,854 posts
18,002 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Let me say it, WeeGee, thank you!  Great idea.

It is a good idea in that it reduces the cumbersomeness of the old idea. It really is.

Funny; last year, the co-op mains complained about all the PVP mains infesting and affecting the Co-op experience. The new approach will (probably) reduce that, and they’re unhappy that the BXP-based approach leaves them behind.

Ultimately, any system that is purely per-battle-based, and is intrusive into a player’s preferences, will drive large numbers of players into the mode (co-op) that minimizes how much time players have to spend dealing with that.

The performance-based focus, this time around, elevates the relative worth of PVP play wrt to clearing flakes. And co-op -heavy players are feeling left out.

Anything that makes co-op close to equal to PVP in flake-clearing on a per-battle basis, will cause PVP players to flood back into co-op, because the battles are short, and winning is virtually assured.

And because Co-op battles will still go twice as fast, and 400 BXP is within reasonable reach, I don’t think the co-op world (as a whole; but there will be exceptions) will be too far behind on a time basis.

And perhaps therein is what is being missed - the PVP reward-clearing pace (with respect to time) is being made competitive with co-op, and pushed past it for the biggest-fleet, highest-performing PVP-ers.

And co-op’s reward-clearing pace was also increased at the same time.

And co-op, as I said, will (presumably) get its playing field cleaned up of much PVP contamination. (But then again, maybe not - lots of grindy PR dockyard missions out there that scream for co-op)

I think one offshoot of this is going to be that the PVP “MM griping” is going to ramp up big time when losing streaks occur during rewards time - when a battle that would have netted 1245 BXP in a win, nets only 830 in a loss, (and thus leaves three reward flakes on the table for folks with large fleets), the MM acrimony will only increase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225
[NWNG]
Members
3,848 posts
6,050 battles
37 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

It is a good idea in that it reduces the cumbersomeness of the old idea. It really is.

Funny; last year, the co-op mains complained about all the PVP mains infesting and affecting the Co-op experience. The new approach will (probably) reduce that, and they’re unhappy that the BXP-based approach leaves them behind.

Ultimately, any system that is purely per-battle-based, and is intrusive into a player’s preferences, will drive large numbers of players into the mode (co-op) that minimizes how much time players have to spend dealing with that.

The performance-based focus, this time around, elevates the relative worth of PVP play wrt to clearing flakes. And co-op -heavy players are feeling left out.

Anything that makes co-op close to equal to PVP in flake-clearing on a per-battle basis, will cause PVP players to flood back into co-op, because the battles are short, and winning is virtually assured.

And because Co-op battles will still go twice as fast, and 400 BXP is within reasonable reach, I don’t think the co-op world (as a whole; but there will be exceptions) will be too far behind on a time basis.

And perhaps therein is what is being missed - the PVP reward-clearing pace (with respect to time) is being made competitive with co-op, and pushed past it for the biggest-fleet, highest-performing PVP-ers.

And co-op’s reward-clearing pace was also increased at the same time.

And co-op, as I said, will (presumably) get its playing field cleaned up of much PVP contamination. (But then again, maybe not - lots of grindy PR dockyard missions out there that scream for co-op)

I think one offshoot of this is going to be that the PVP “MM griping” is going to ramp up big time when losing streaks occur during rewards time - when a battle that would have netted 1245 BXP in a win, nets only 830 in a loss, (and thus leaves three reward flakes on the table for folks with large fleets), the MM acrimony will only increase.

 

If I recall correctly, Operations is also getting an overhaul this coming update too, which in turn, will make Operations the go to, for clearing these flakes. Operations its easy to get 1200+ base experience, so long as you don't die early. so Co-Op should not be flooded by PVPers like in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[USCC]
[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
330 posts
29,776 battles

I have over 500 and this system suck for coop players..less time ..yep nice job wows ....way we don't start this in middle August calibration on time the 7 years and finish urlly before black Friday. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,772
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,410 posts
36 minutes ago, _CamperBoy102_ said:

I have over 500 and this system suck for coop players..less time ..yep nice job wows ....way we don't start this in middle August calibration on time the 7 years and finish urlly before black Friday. 

 

And how many of those over 500 are tier 1-4 which don't have any bonuses and don't have to be played?

 

At a rough count of tier 1-4 tech tree and premiums it is somewhere around 100 or more ships which if you have all or most of them means you will be playing far less than 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×