Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Your Guide to Reworked Operations

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,580
[RLGN]
Members
18,928 posts
34,444 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu make some good points about the changes in another post.

That aside; not personally a fan of Randomized Ops.

Yeah, yeah, maybe I suck; but there are several of the Ops I have zero interest in playing.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[DREGZ]
[DREGZ]
Members
10 posts
12,055 battles

This has been a long time coming.

I like playing the OP'S & I played the one's on the Test server & I seen a lot of players there playing OP'S & we could see that it was easy with some op's & played the same Op again with different players & it was harder to play.

It's great to have some of the old OP's back but some NEW one's would be nice but 1 step at a time & I hope we get some new one's in the next year.

As I said I played it on the test server & yes it was a lot of fun can't wait thanks WG.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[X-PN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
26 posts
10,545 battles

Have changes been made to Operations in general allowing a ship's secondary guns to fire at forts and shore buildings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,383
[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles
31 minutes ago, SayWhatAgainMF said:

Have changes been made to Operations in general allowing a ship's secondary guns to fire at forts and shore buildings?

If I sail my CV's close enough to the shore-installations in Killer Whale the secondary-battery guns will fire upon and destroy the shore installations.
You didn't accidentally turn-off your secondary battery & AA guns by hitting the "P" key, did you?

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
23,178 battles
12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If I sail my CV's close enough to the shore-installations in Killer Whale the secondary-battery guns will fire upon and destroy the shore installations.
You didn't accidentally turn-off your secondary battery & AA guns by hitting the "P" key, did you?

That's the thing; your secondaries should start opening up on them the moment they come into range, not when you are kissing them.  At one point in the past it used to do that, but now....  Feh  There are times when I'm within 2km and my secondaries still give no :etc_swear: about the fort, even with "manual" targeting.  Sure, every once in a while they'll wake up and go: "Oh! We are suppose to shoot that too!" :Smile_facepalm:

 

So yeah, his complaint is valid; and my time in PTS has showed that nothing has changed.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,343
[ARGSY]
Members
30,539 posts
28,021 battles
24 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

We will closely monitor your feedback…
And promptly ignore it

WG should have an official statement on feedback that reads, "Your right to state suggestions is not our obligation to implement them."

I've seen things that I suggested implemented in-game. Few and far between, true, but some of them significant. One of them was the reduction in grind for Tier 4 carriers. I felt that since getting into them was the same as unlocking a Tier 5 ship, getting out of them should be the same as unlocking a T6 ship when starting from T5, and being able to get out of a T4 CV sooner might result in fewer of them being in the matchmaker queue. They chose the upper limit for that grind, but what I had suggested was actually done.

Another, more humorous suggestion was to make a Kraken achievement for co-op and call it "Cuttlefish Unleashed". Come the Ovechkin collaboration event, Co-op temporarily got access to an award for four kills in one game, and guess what the icon was...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,383
[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles
1 hour ago, SayWhatAgainMF said:

Have changes been made to Operations in general allowing a ship's secondary guns to fire at forts and shore buildings?

 

27 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If I sail my CV's close enough to the shore-installations in Killer Whale the secondary-battery guns will fire upon and destroy the shore installations.
You didn't accidentally turn-off your secondary battery & AA guns by hitting the "P" key, did you?

 

3 minutes ago, Volron said:

That's the thing; your secondaries should start opening up on them the moment they come into range, not when you are kissing them.  At one point in the past it used to do that, but now....  Feh  There are times when I'm within 2km and my secondaries still give no :etc_swear: about the fort, even with "manual" targeting.  Sure, every once in a while they'll wake up and go: "Oh! We are suppose to shoot that too!" :Smile_facepalm:

 

So yeah, his complaint is valid; and my time in PTS has showed that nothing has changed.

Okay.  I'm curious.  Hasn't happened to me, but, okay, now I'm curious.
Can you provide a video or a replay to replicate/demonstrate the phenomena?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,383
[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

WG should have an official statement on feedback that reads, "Your right to state suggestions is not our obligation to implement them."

I've seen things that I suggested implemented in-game. Few and far between, true, but some of them significant. One of them was the reduction in grind for Tier 4 carriers. I felt that since getting into them was the same as unlocking a Tier 5 ship, getting out of them should be the same as unlocking a T6 ship when starting from T5, and being able to get out of a T4 CV sooner might result in fewer of them being in the matchmaker queue. They chose the upper limit for that grind, but what I had suggested was actually done.

Another, more humorous suggestion was to make a Kraken achievement for co-op and call it "Cuttlefish Unleashed". Come the Ovechkin collaboration event, Co-op temporarily got access to an award for four kills in one game, and guess what the icon was...

I'll bite.  "What was the icon?"  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,343
[ARGSY]
Members
30,539 posts
28,021 battles
21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'll bite.  "What was the icon?"  :-)

Pic taken from Reddit:

image.png.0cedb9603c19aa4ac12d9b8e299d04f5.png Baby squidling!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[TILLT]
[TILLT]
Beta Testers
1,108 posts
6,596 battles

I for one am glad for the changes, looking forward to trying it out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
23,178 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Okay.  I'm curious.  Hasn't happened to me, but, okay, now I'm curious.
Can you provide a video or a replay to replicate/demonstrate the phenomena?

 

Won't happen until after the update hits.  Do note, it doesn't happen all the time.  In Narai a few days ago, there was one match where my secondaries acted almost as they should.  Had to get to half range of my secondary guns before they finally opened up on that first fort.  The next match, in the same ship, secondaries refused to fire on the fort until I was practically docked with it.  A few matches later, though in a different gal, they didn't fire on it at all despite being the only thing they could fire on.  So it tends to be "all over the place".  I know for fact that during RTS days, if a fort (or any structure) got into range of your secondaries, they'd open up on it.  "Manual" target worked as you'd expect as well.  I honestly can't remember when the issues with secondaries came along, but it was definitely after the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,383
[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles
2 hours ago, Volron said:

 

Won't happen until after the update hits.  Do note, it doesn't happen all the time.  In Narai a few days ago, there was one match where my secondaries acted almost as they should.  Had to get to half range of my secondary guns before they finally opened up on that first fort.  The next match, in the same ship, secondaries refused to fire on the fort until I was practically docked with it.  A few matches later, though in a different gal, they didn't fire on it at all despite being the only thing they could fire on.  So it tends to be "all over the place".  I know for fact that during RTS days, if a fort (or any structure) got into range of your secondaries, they'd open up on it.  "Manual" target worked as you'd expect as well.  I honestly can't remember when the issues with secondaries came along, but it was definitely after the rework.

:cap_hmm:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[WOLF1]
Members
487 posts
9,677 battles

why doesn't WoW have an english-speaking native write the instructions or requirements?  Grammar is horrible resulting in stilted and confusing sentences.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,597
[MR-1]
Members
2,925 posts
30,775 battles

operations werent very popular because WG wasnt bring out any new ones .which we complained about the past 3 yrs . nice to see cherry blossom back but still not brought back operation dynamo 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,559
[TDRB]
Members
7,073 posts
15,824 battles
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

WG should have an official statement on feedback that reads, "Your right to state suggestions is not our obligation to implement them."

NO! It may be in a polite manner but the bottom line is you're suggesting that WG gives the finger to its players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,559
[TDRB]
Members
7,073 posts
15,824 battles
2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

operations werent very popular because WG wasnt bring out any new ones .which we complained about the past 3 yrs . nice to see cherry blossom back but still not brought back operation dynamo 

WG treated Ops like a redheaded stepchild. It was implied Ops would return soon after the CV rework. It has taken over 3.5 years. During that time rewards were nerfed and they created another class of ships that are already controversial and a poor fit into the game.

I'm glad 3 scenarios have returned but I'm not sure the new format mat is a good call.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
147 posts
1,961 battles
Quote

That aside; not personally a fan of Randomized Ops.

Yeah, if they are removing the ability to choose which Operation you play, then they are making Operations significantly worse in one very meaningful aspect (except for those who just love all 7? options).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
23,178 battles
7 hours ago, Stephen1R2 said:

Will the Operation Cherry Blossom still have the hidden Zao menace?

 

...just curious

The Zao's are still there, and they are still quite deadly.  :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,559
[TDRB]
Members
7,073 posts
15,824 battles

Took my favorite Narai ship out & wouldn't you know it, I get teamed with either a very good Maya player or maybe someone having a very good game.  Still a 5-star game.

image.thumb.png.184f567d0d6d7b93cc4d62eb6b2ad2a5.pngimage.thumb.png.8dfe03184a5b48fe0b9cd6658eb506dd.png

 

 

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,597
[MR-1]
Members
2,925 posts
30,775 battles

i watched a few twitch streamers last week  and with ops being randomized they were getting the same ones time and time again . not a good sign when they come to the main stream 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[1813]
Members
450 posts
22,395 battles

Why can't we know wich scenario is comming up ? I will not waste economic bonuses on Op. Newport Station or other junk Ops

I equip ships with the appropriate bonuses for a given scenario.

What the hell is wrong with WG ???

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[PTG]
Members
2 posts
4,050 battles

Ops are fun but the bot rework can be a bit much from what I've seen around all battles also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×