You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

How Many Ships in Port?

73 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,808 battles

With the upcoming anniversary event and the related ship quantity-based rewards, how many ships do you have in port rolling into the next patch?

Personally, I should be around 485-490 once I finish regrinding the two lines I just reset, but there's no way I'll make the 500.  Having all the silver ships already, it would force my hand into buying either some very unappealing premium ships to fill the gap, or purchasing what are essentially duplicate premiums of existing ones (ie: Kong Amagi, one of the 50 different German battleships at T8, another Kagero clone, etc).

Either way, I'm ok not cracking the cool kid 500 ship club if it's not meant to be.  How about you guys?  Any strategy to maximize your gains for the event, or are you just going to play as usual?

• Boring 1

[ERK]
Members
877 posts
14,039 battles

If my math is right I have 405, a number I didn't think I would ever get to, when I started playing I wasn't intending on whaling at all, but... ultimately I have a lot of premiums, though a fair few for pretty much free... 

Edited by Superczar

[GUTZ]
[GUTZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,183 posts
28,776 battles
16 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

With the upcoming anniversary event and the related ship quantity-based rewards, how many ships do you have in port rolling into the next patch?

Personally, I should be around 485-490 once I finish regrinding the two lines I just reset, but there's no way I'll make the 500.  Having all the silver ships already, it would force my hand into buying either some very unappealing premium ships to fill the gap, or purchasing what are essentially duplicate premiums of existing ones (ie: Kong Amagi, one of the 50 different German battleships at T8, another Kagero clone, etc).

Either way, I'm ok not cracking the cool kid 500 ship club if it's not meant to be.  How about you guys?  Any strategy to maximize your gains for the event, or are you just going to play as usual?

I own every tech tree ship from t7 up, except ijn & us t10 cv. I own every FEXP ship. I own every coal ship. I own all but 3 steel ships. I own all but 1 RB ship. 

So buying a few T6 and T5 ships will get me to 500....

• Boring 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,418 posts
17,160 battles

I’ll have 255 or 260 flake eligible ships (give or take a couple) by the end of the patch, including a couple in-progress grinds and coal/RB purchases. Total fleet size should still be at or over 300, depending on how many low tier ships I feel like rebuying. 

I’m just playing as normal. Lots of co-op games for the faster battle turnaround between normal grinds/dockyard progress/other events. I will definitely take advantage of the bonus flakes, though, to knock off less enjoyable co-op ships (the US slowpokes, for example).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,808 battles
23 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

I own every tech tree ship from t7 up, except ijn & us t10 cv. I own every FEXP ship. I own every coal ship. I own all but 3 steel ships. I own all but 1 RB ship. 

So buying a few T6 and T5 ships will get me to 500....

You just reminded me I now have enough coal for another ship.  Toss up between the following:

• Forrest Sherman - I hate the concept of these "farming" DDs, so there's no real appeal here unless it gets removed from sale at some point
  • Iwami - seems like an ok ship, but nothing tells me I need this ship over any other IJN battleship already in my port
  • Kearsarge - probably the most interesting ship left of the bunch.  I mean, ignoring the flat top and all, it is rocking 12 North Carolina guns, so there's that....
  • Tulsa - haven't heard the best feedback on Tulsa.  Like it wants to be a mini-Des Moines, but fails at the mission.  Heard Baltimore is a better experience at T8.
  • Carnot - battleship length reload on cruiser guns?  Got me a Graf Spee and others to cover that dull spread.
  • Marco Polo - 406mm SAP doesn't pull on my heart strings much.  I have Roma already which fills the niche for "good Italian premium BB".

Leaning towards Kearsarge, if just for the uniqueness in the gameplay.  And you know, 12 North Carolina guns..... :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,518 posts
26,208 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

12 North Carolina guns.....

... at a tier higher, so she sees superships. Also a massive superstructure that eats damage like nobody's business. Finally, do you really want to look at that ... thing, in port?

As for my port, 301 botes. I was at 270 something but figured I'd buy some back to reach the next tip-over point.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,425 posts
29,018 battles

I've got 173 ships in port and plan to buy back enough T8/9/10 tech tree ships to cross the 200 threshold. I'm debating whether to FreeXP to T10 for a couple of lines just to get the Supercontainer. I don't think it's "cost effective" though.

[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles

Topic.  Meet, Topic.  :-)

• Meh 2

[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles

You just reminded me I now have enough coal for another ship.  Toss up between the following:

•  
  • Iwami - seems like an ok ship, but nothing tells me I need this ship over any other IJN battleship already in my port
  • Kearsarge - probably the most interesting ship left of the bunch.  I mean, ignoring the flat top and all, it is rocking 12 North Carolina guns, so there's that....
  •  

The Iwami is like a Tier-9 Kii.  Some differences, of course.  But not as different as the Amagi compared to the Izumo.  The Iwami can be a Tier-9 ship that trains Captains, too.  She's fun in Co-op.  :-)

The Kearsarge is on my "wish list".  Mostly as "something different".  I know her superstructure and flight-deck are big targets and have a lot of "shell traps".  For me, she'd be welcomed for the giggle factors.

Have you considered the Z-44 or the Neustrashimy?

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,808 battles
35 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Have you considered the Z-44 or the Neustrashimy?

I have both of those.  The ships I listed are the only ones I have available to purchase for coal.

• Thanks 1

[TSF]
Members
881 posts
21,127 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

• Forrest Sherman - I hate the concept of these "farming" DDs, so there's no real appeal here unless it gets removed from sale at some point
  • Tulsa - haven't heard the best feedback on Tulsa.  Like it wants to be a mini-Des Moines, but fails at the mission.  Heard Baltimore is a better experience at T8.
  • Carnot - battleship length reload on cruiser guns?  Got me a Graf Spee and others to cover that dull spread.
  • Marco Polo - 406mm SAP doesn't pull on my heart strings much.  I have Roma already which fills the niche for "good Italian premium BB".

I have them all:

Forrest Sherman. No contest.

[TO31]
[TO31]
Members
140 posts
4,946 battles

At tier 8 on PA DD, FR CL, FR BB so could have 6 more by the end of patch. Those are the last lines I intend to grind. Nothing desired in the store until Christmas crates. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,255 posts
9,211 battles

Gear says 303 in port right now.  I'll get Rio de Janeiro on Monday and Indefatigable and Hawke on Wednesday.  I'll also most likely have Charles Martel by Friday, maybe sooner as I only need 29k XP on Algerie to unlock her.  I could buy Eagle or Hannover at will, but that is a lot of credits for, essentially, a supercontainer.  I also have 750k coal and haven't picked up quite a few coal ships, Iwami, Kearsarge, Carnot, Black, Neustrashimy, Max Immelmann, Salem, Tulsa, Marco Polo and so on.  I could get a few of them at will, but am mostly saving the coal for when WG announces removals.

Edited by Helstrem

[ARGSY]
Members
30,539 posts
28,021 battles

356 ships and no way to make 400 before the end. 

For the tech trees:

US: CL to T9; CA to T9; CV to T8; BB (fast) to T9, T10 unlocked; BB (slow) to T10

UK: All lines to T10 in port

France: BB, DD, older cruisers all to T10, CA (heavy) at T8

Germany: CA, BC @ T10, BB @ T9 + GK now coal; CV @  T8; DD at T9

Russia: Both DD to T9 + Khaba (became coal); BB @ T8, CL @ T9, CA T8, CV @ T6, could conceivably get T8 by the end of Anniversary.

Italy: BB at T10, Cruisers T8, DD T7

Pan-Asia - DD at T9 (t10 unlocked), CL at T9, long way to go

Netherlands - At T7, long way from T8

EU - Destroyers to T10.

Last but not least, as skillfully caught by @Helstrem:

IJN: Both DDs, CV, BB to T10; CA to T9. (CL line is in early development, pre-release event SOON™.)

If I really wanted to, I could pick up the Montana OR the Yue Yang and maybe sell some camos to get the other. But why bother? I already have 99% of the premium ships I want after last year's Santa Crate splurge, and draining my credits dry to get a T10 ship I'm not really burning with urgency to own just for another supercontainer actually doesn't appeal.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,255 posts
9,211 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

356 ships and no way to make 400 before the end. 

For the tech trees:

US: CL to T9; CA to T9; CV to T8; BB (fast) to T9, T10 unlocked; BB (slow) to T10

UK: All lines to T10 in port

France: BB, DD, older cruisers all to T10, CA (heavy) at T8

Germany: CA, BC @ T10, BB @ T9 + GK now coal; CV @  T8; DD at T9

Russia: Both DD to T9 + Khaba (became coal); BB @ T8, CL @ T9, CA T8, CV @ T6, could conceivably get T8 by the end of Anniversary.

Italy: BB at T10, Cruisers T8, DD T7

Pan-Asia - DD at T9 (t10 unlocked), CL at T9, long way to go

Netherlands - At T7, long way from T8

EU - Destroyers to T10.

No IJN?

[ARGSY]
Members
30,539 posts
28,021 battles
19 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

No IJN?

Oops! I knew I'd missed something! Will amend.

[SUB4]
Members
1,293 posts
11,810 battles

I only have 150 ships and 9 slots but I sold a whole boatload (see what I did there?) back when I decided to start over.

For the record, that was a stupid move and I regret it daily.

[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles

I have both of those.  The ships I listed are the only ones I have available to purchase for coal.

Thanks.  That answers my question.

[BUOY]
Members
2,127 posts
21,681 battles

481, but I have the entire Harugumo line out for a regrind, several other low tier ships I can repurchase, the remaining Brit BC's, the IJN CL's, several superships left to buy and so on.

[SALVO]
Members
15,565 posts
9,750 battles
9 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Personally, I should be around 485-490 once I finish regrinding the two lines I just reset, but there's no way I'll make the 500. 

Do you already have in port all the T1-T4 ships? Also if the objective is to push 500 you might consider some low tier premiums if you still don't have them, they are dirt cheap. Yeah I know there's no point to have them but if you need quick fillers, there they are. You may also consider some T6 prems, they are relatively cheap and have some potential utility, mid tiers can be a lot of fun if you get a ship that is not terrible when uptiered