You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uO7eEzhrDxsi

Missing the Mouse

258 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,201 posts
28,860 battles
4 minutes ago, Pruschen said:

Got to say, I'm really missing Little White Mouse and her insight into ships. I still go go her ship breakdown page to get insight into ships I'm thinking about picking up. She was one of Warships greatest assets. 

Yukon/Huron debacle messed up that relationship...

• Cool 7
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

0 posts
1 minute ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

That's what I heard. It's a shame.

Members
4,711 posts
16,433 battles

LWM certainly was an asset to the community. 

In the long run though, probably for the best for her. Allowed her to refocus her energy on other things. Tying yourself to a game w/o actually working for the company is risky. 

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 2

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,612 posts
20,079 battles

In Mouse we trust

AprilWhiteMouse is creating reviews and guides for World of Warships. |  Patreon

course if you get on her bad side.....:

Are We Going to Lose Little White Mouse? - Misc - World of Warships  official forum

• Cool 8
  • Funny 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 5

[REVY]
Members
9,635 posts
7,316 battles
29 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

The crazy thing about that whole debacle is that I think Wargaming wanted the CC exodus.

• Cool 12

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
57 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

That was only a part of it, though. Pervasive inconsistencies between different iterations of the same weapon systems was another big part. That's incredibly demotivating for someone who's put so much effort into understanding the systems at work in this game.

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts
17 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

There is absolutely no one to replace what she did and there is exactly zero people that have the ability to step up and do for the game, what she did. 

There probably are people who could do it...but why would they after how they treated her?

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,762 posts
45,755 battles

It just seems like WG goes out of it's way to kill any good thing in this game.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[D-PN]
Members
3,713 posts
17,228 battles

She was still doing some here and there....but looks like she finally got fed up and quit 2 months ago.... not a single post since July 7th.  :Smile_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8,201 posts
28,860 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

That was only a part of it, though. Pervasive inconsistencies between different iterations of the same weapon systems was another big part. That's incredibly demotivating for someone who's put so much effort into understanding the systems at work in this game.

It was a long affair the cumulative added up to enough frustration that the "Canadian ship" fiasco was the camel that broke a whole lot of camels backs.

I just gave Prushn a quick reference. 

[ODIN]
Members
101 posts
6,856 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

The crazy thing about that whole debacle is that I think Wargaming wanted the CC exodus.

This is an insane take. For what reason would WG have for pushing away a bunch of CCs and getting loads of bad press?

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,830 battles
3 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

Funny thing......I didn't even realize I had Yukon in port until last week.  Is it wrong I kinda like the ship, despite it's checkered development woes?

I'm certain the final design was supposed to be much different, but the fact that it's a BB with cruiser like handling makes it pretty fun, as long as you're not uptiered in any way.

2 hours ago, Sventex said:

Who knows these days.  I really try to tune the negativity out as much as I can so I can still get joy from when I play.  Keep the politics at the door for me.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

Is she still doing mini-reviews or any WoWS-related work these days?  I'd like to support her Patreon, but not sure if/what it is supporting at this point?

[REVY]
Members
9,635 posts
7,316 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Who knows these days.  I really try to tune the negativity out as much as I can so I can still get joy from when I play.  Keep the politics at the door for me.

Well, LWM leaving the CC program was kind of hard to miss.  I wasn't even playing the game at that point and I still saw the fiasco.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
43 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Is she still doing mini-reviews or any WoWS-related work these days?  I'd like to support her Patreon, but not sure if/what it is supporting at this point?

Right now, no. She's taking a well deserved vacation from anything WoWS related. You bring up a good point though, I'll have a chat with her about her patreon.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 4

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,830 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Right now, no. She's taking a well deserved vacation from anything WoWS related. You bring up a good point though, I'll have a chat with her about her patreon.

Good for her.  And yourself as well as we know your contributions are out there too.

I really did enjoy the collaboration she did with @SeaRaptor for the Z-44 YouTube review:

Gives @LittleWhiteMouse a nice avenue other than print to showcase her work, and Raptor does a good job of laying it all out.  Would definitely welcome more like this, if it was ever an option (Patreon wish list, perhaps?)

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

She was the best of us, and I hate how WG disrespected her. She had more commitment to this game than most of the people on WG's actual payroll. I hope that she finds a more deserving (and lucrative) arena in which to flex her considerable talents.

• Cool 4

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles

To me, The only reviewer with data that some company wishes they could actually show during their 'showcase' events; and this is collected not by some internal access, but by hours of painstaking use of in game hours.  I mean that's dedication in itself.  

I speak for everyone here who knew her past works. When I say that her work is the gold standard above all else (so far).

• Cool 4

[TSF]
Members
883 posts
21,220 battles
8 hours ago, Lert said:

That's incredibly demotivating for someone who's put so much effort into understanding the systems at work in this game.

That presumes that this game has any consistent "systems" at all. 

One look at Wargaming's recent debacle with Renown 44 suggests otherwise. 

Littlewhitemouse exposed the truth, supported by facts, and helped people make educated purchasing decisions. 

That was inconsistent with Warhaming's business model.

In an environment where Wargaming chooses to sell something like the "Traditions of the North" packages, (a permanent camo offering, without economic bonuses, sold at the same price as permanent camos with economic bonuses were sold previously), an offering that seems intentionally targeted only at players who don't understand what it is missing, I don't blame LWM one bit for not wanting to be associated with Wargaming in any way. 

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Cool 5

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
2 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

That presumes that this game has any consistent "system" at all.

It certainly used to.

• Sad 1

[NATO]
2,612 posts
9,995 battles
19 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

That presumes that this game has any consistent "system" at all. 

One look at Wargaming's recent debacle with Renown 44 suggests otherwise. 

IMO the only constants in WoWs are the predictability of debacles and their persistent disdain towards the players.

WG has failed to grasp what I consider a basic gaming concept. It may be "their" game, but without us they have nothing.

Loosing Mouse is a big deal, how she was treated is a big deal. There have been many PR disasters for WG over the years, but for me this was the worst.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
4,259 posts
5,226 battles

I can only agree. :Smile_sad: I used to hang on every word and graph in her reviews. I've done a few reviews in the past, and I always felt like I was painting stick people while waiting for Mouse to get done with her Mona Lisa. The best was her "review" of the first Thunderer. I was ready to buy....and then, comedy! :Smile_teethhappy: 

She was like "CarFax" for ships. Wargaming make EVERYTHING sound like a must buy, and she was not afraid to call garbage garbage. The Seven only knows how much money, and frustration she saved the players. Wargaming also owes her for all the happy customers that bought ships on her recommendation, and then came back for more, as opposed to being "Fool me once, same on you...wallet closed." 

But I think we can all agree we want what is best for her. I do hope she finds a place were she can use her talents, have fun doing it, and make a ton of real Loonies doing it...:Smile_medal:

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1