You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

Why isn't there a Portal big red banner saying server is down?

12 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
7,875 posts
42,725 battles

I saw a problem trying to play in game. Came to the Forum and saw several threads with people reporting serves issues.

So the question stands. Why isn't there a prominent banner in the Portal explaining we are having an issue, and some informed comment of what timeframe for resolution.

Come on WG. Stuff sometimes happens at the servers. Hamsters sometimes need replacing. That's ok. But any reputable outward facing company would by now (this is been going for an hour now), have said something in their Portal.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Members
491 posts
8,928 battles

Because as long as you can give money to wg, the game is working perfectly :Smile_trollface:

edit: it's probably more likely that it would take them just as much time to program a server down banner that doesn't cause more bugs as it would to fix the current issue

Edited by Forgotten_Void
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
15,646 posts
9,782 battles

Maybe the Hamsters ate the new Devblog content... :cap_yes:

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Maybe the Hamsters ate the new Devblog content... :cap_yes:

Or the other way around…

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles

Game worked for me about an hour ago.

Did a restart; waited for a Tanks update to happen, watched Drach’s Sedlitz vid, then tried again and it worked.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,266 posts
15,331 battles

Maybe because  the server isn’t down for most of us . You are going to put a banner up saying server is down because 3 people can’t get on the site . 

[REVY]
Members
9,635 posts
7,316 battles

"Communication Issues"

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

"Communication Issues"

I am close to speechles..

I unsubbed him after years of learning from him after seeing that Throw live on stream because he didn't like what the team was doing.

I thought I would watch this video and learn about the DEV Blog.

It's One Long rambling RANT about CVS and WG and Insulting CV players like I have never heard before.

I say I dont play CVs because they are too easy,  but his takes it to a new low that I have never heard ANYONE go to,  much less a former CC.

What happened to this guy?

[REVY]
Members
9,635 posts
7,316 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I am close to speechles..

I unsubbed him after years of learning from him after seeing that Throw live on stream because he didn't like what the team was doing.

I thought I would watch this video and learn about the DEV Blog.

It's One Long rambling RANT about CVS and WG and Insulting CV players like I have never heard before.

I say I dont play CVs because they are too easy,  but his takes it to a new low that I have never heard ANYONE go to,  much less a former CC.

What happened to this guy?

I honestly thinks he plays this game too much.  The balance in this game is really bad and I think he's wedded to this game for monetary reasons so anything that makes it worse just drives him up the wall.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,875 posts
42,725 battles
On 8/31/2022 at 2:38 PM, Forgotten_Void said:

it's probably more likely that it would take them just as much time to program a server down banner that doesn't cause more bugs as it would to fix the current issue

Shouldn't be. When I worked in database back-end development, we had a reserved section (invisible most of the time), in the customer facing web just for this purpose. In the very rare cases we had a server issue, we posted a message and refreshed the front-end. Nothing to it.

[A-D-F]
Members
491 posts
8,928 battles
9 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Shouldn't be. When I worked in database back-end development, we had a reserved section (invisible most of the time), in the customer facing web just for this purpose. In the very rare cases we had a server issue, we posted a message and refreshed the front-end. Nothing to it.

yes, but this is wg spaghetti code we are talking about

ZomboMeme 23022022093826.jpg