You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

King of the Sea XIV—International Winners

32 comments in this topic

[VIGIL]
Members
1,410 posts

The crown-jewel of World Of Warships tournaments.  The flagship event to showcase all that is amazing about this product!  Epic combat between teams, competing to see just who will be “King Of The Sea!”

*CVs and Subs not welcome. 

• Sad 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
Just now, Dudefella said:

*CVs and Subs not welcome. 

Which is why I feel they're not truly "Kings" of the Sea.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[HOLE]
Members
308 posts
2,435 battles
11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which is why I feel they're not truly "Kings" of the Sea.  

That Sir is correct. To be the King of the Sea clearly means no restrictions of any ships. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
36 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

That Sir is correct. To be the King of the Sea clearly means no restrictions of any ships. 

15085124_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.cc55f84d56861862d279a9d132a0a833.jpg

• Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
2,936 posts
30,867 battles

its funny these are greared towards only the same few clans  who will ever get through to the last weekend 

[HOLE]
Members
308 posts
2,435 battles
On 8/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

its funny these are greared towards only the same few clans  who will ever get through to the last weekend 

That very true for WG has to keep its deep pocket groups happy. I watched a few in the beginning only find out how boring they were so I found better things to do.:) 

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[MR-1]
Members
2,936 posts
30,867 battles

and the meek shall inherit the earth 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[BEA5T]
Members
6,807 posts
34,353 battles

No Carrier and Submarines = no watch......

Oh, us normal folk get all of the gimmicks full time to suffer through;........and the elite, well now, aren't they special, get to choose what they want or they'll quit....?   Hmmm?  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[MCWF]
Members
127 posts
20,233 battles

so, they say they are bringing back/continuing the "king of the seas" collection, because not everyone has completed it yet. if they haven't it is because they chose not to, the crates have been on offer for community tokens for the last year now and at an exchange rate of 1;1 for repeats then they could have finished it by now but chose to invest those tokens into other things instead. by this thinking when will the players who didn't get the original Missouri (with the high credit earning rate) have a chance to get it for free like it was originally offered? how about the JB, lots of players couldn't get the coal together for it before it was removed, so when will it be back in the coal section to give players a chance to get it? why not let players finish the original set of missions for the PR (so many only had 2-3 sets to finish off) so they can get the free certificate for any free resource ship they choose? i know none of this will happen, but by your own wording you make it sound only fair.

i actually think this is more about being too lazy/cheap to come up with new rewards. by staying with the old collection that means the 90% of players that do have it completed, will not have anything to gain from this round of the tournament. a wargaming win, less work and less free prizes for the players.

if there are new prizes and you have had to endure this rant, i would also blame wargaming for once again giving out only partial information on an event versus having a complete article ready to be published to the players containing all the information.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BEA5T]
Members
6,807 posts
34,353 battles
14 hours ago, joedoe_hero said:

so, they say they are bringing back/continuing the "king of the seas" collection, because not everyone has completed it yet. if they haven't it is because they chose not to, the crates have been on offer for community tokens for the last year now and at an exchange rate of 1;1 for repeats then they could have finished it by now but chose to invest those tokens into other things instead. by this thinking when will the players who didn't get the original Missouri (with the high credit earning rate) have a chance to get it for free like it was originally offered? how about the JB, lots of players couldn't get the coal together for it before it was removed, so when will it be back in the coal section to give players a chance to get it? why not let players finish the original set of missions for the PR (so many only had 2-3 sets to finish off) so they can get the free certificate for any free resource ship they choose? i know none of this will happen, but by your own wording you make it sound only fair.

i actually think this is more about being too lazy/cheap to come up with new rewards. by staying with the old collection that means the 90% of players that do have it completed, will not have anything to gain from this round of the tournament. a wargaming win, less work and less free prizes for the players.

if there are new prizes and you have had to endure this rant, i would also blame wargaming for once again giving out only partial information on an event versus having a complete article ready to be published to the players containing all the information.

This is the way ^^^^^^^.      And, a little studious humor to follow !!!  :cap_book:

I simply couldn't finish the first PR.   I missed the Musashi because I was too new to afford her.  Same with a lot of other ships I wasn't in the game to compete for.  As mature games struggle for relevance and profit, we (those of us that actually study older games and their life cycles) see a lot of "older games" simply "repeat everything" they have already developed....  And, true to that thought, we've seen Clones all over the place.  The difference is "how they implement them...." and why?! 

This is MY OPINION and the game isn't ending anytime soon !!!   This is just looking at this game from a different perspective....   Apologies if it seems harsh !!! 

And, if we are honest with ourselves, this game is really just a software variation of World of Tanks...........where, we really can't and won't see "new content" until the game finally evolves....  Why?   They don't have the staff anymore;  they don't have the capital or money anymore;  nor, and most importantly, they don't have the "Market" anymore to get into a "Blue Ocean" phase of change......  So, it's a "Red Ocean" paradigm (where you are trying to exist and displace your competitors versus creating new and exciting content to compel your slice of the market to participate;  because of the new content the others can't duplicate !)  

Sounds a lot like where we are with the entire KOTS experience:  -   fiddle with the ships and same old maps (Red Ocean, yes !)  vis-a'-vis  changing the entire event with new ships (carrier and subs) on Open Ocean maps AND New Maps no one has played on (Blue Ocean)......  See the difference?    One is safe and relatively cheap...........the other is expensive and involves what is called "real risk" that it will be rejected....  Again, part of the "innovation paradox".....yes!

There, Innovation Degree class called:  Welcome to Change 101......   Sounds a lot like "do or do not, there is no try".....yes?  

Like I have said a bazillion times:  there is very little "innovation" in games.......it's too [pick a word].......  And, let's be honest:  98% of all innovation fails on contact with the market.....  See: even that <<<< phrase and idea is a variation of Moltke and Rommel's thoughts;  which, came from "On War's" paradoxical trinity;  which came from, if you follow it way back, Sun Tzu !  Talk about getting stuck in a Red Ocean paradigm !!!    Sorry:  the Professor of Military Science in me had to get this off my chest..........  Whew, I feel cleansed.......  :cap_haloween:

Now, back to the game where I have seen some of the worst Operations game play in YEARS !!!    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOLE]
Members
308 posts
2,435 battles
18 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

No Carrier and Submarines = no watch......

Oh, us normal folk get all of the gimmicks full time to suffer through;........and the elite, well now, aren't they special, get to choose what they want or they'll quit....?   Hmmm?  :Smile_facepalm:

I couldn't agree more. It's not truly a "KING" but more to pretend event to select group of player's /clans who have a controlled battles. This is why I stopped watching KOTS a long time ago before WG took interest in it. To be honest, I have a lot of real life things that out weight a video game anyway. Let the minions enjoy their event. Life way too short to live behind a pc. ::)

• Thanks 1

[PLONK]
[PLONK]
Members
83 posts
7,089 battles

@Ahskance@Boggzy

i am curious if the North Carolina camo  mission will spawn after we finish the collection and get 1 more container , as it did with the previous KOTS  and KOTS collection?

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,479 posts
15,397 battles
On 9/26/2022 at 11:21 PM, MojoMango said:

@Ahskance@Boggzy

i am curious if the North Carolina camo  mission will spawn after we finish the collection and get 1 more container , as it did with the previous KOTS  and KOTS collection?

I don't believe so.  As I understand it, the North Cal camo will be available for community tokens in the armory and the KOTS XIV skin will be acquired in another way :Smile_honoring:

[NAUTY]
Members
677 posts

YAY regarding the cool reward...BOO about KOTS in general..ITs surface Ships only...ZZZzzzzzZZZzzZZ...SUPER boring....

• Meh 1

[TNG-2]
Members
134 posts
26,955 battles

I just wish we can have KOTS types of battles in random.  No subs and no CVs actually result in more interesting game play; who would've thought?

Edited by Fl1n7
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SOUS]
Members
660 posts
5,939 battles

There are no drops on the kots streams today like it said in the article, I got them yesterday, does that mean there is none today because of getting them yesterday, do you guys know? @Boggzy @Ahskance

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,302 posts
16,062 battles
2 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

There are no drops on the kots streams today like it said in the article, I got them yesterday, does that mean there is none today because of getting them yesterday, do you guys know? @Boggzy @Ahskance

The Article does say "first three weekends of the tournament, respectively" which would indicate one drop per weekend.

image.png

[SOUS]
Members
660 posts
5,939 battles

Oh ok, i kind of thought that, thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure.

[UNCLN]
Members
389 posts
18,769 battles

Just curious does "King of the Sea XIV permanent camouflage for Admiral Hipper" comes with the economic bonus like the good old days NC KOTS permanent camouflage  ??

If they come with econ bonus I am sure it will be more compelling for audience to watch your show

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The Article does say "first three weekends of the tournament, respectively" which would indicate one drop per weekend.

image.png

So, two so far?

Will there be another news article mission?

That, or from next weekend’s stream, I need one more container to finish the collection.

[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles
56 minutes ago, a252 said:

Just curious does "King of the Sea XIV permanent camouflage for Admiral Hipper" comes with the economic bonus like the good old days NC KOTS permanent camouflage  ??

No, it doesn’t.

It’s also not a coincidence that all the camos for tech tree ships got removed from the naval community tab in the armory, as those included bonuses that the player potentially did not already possess. As you pointed out, the NC KoTS camo that was recently added also was added without a bonus. WG doesn’t want economic benefits to be obtained in this manner anymore.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,479 posts
15,397 battles
17 hours ago, a252 said:

If they come with econ bonus I am sure it will be more compelling for audience to watch your show

This drop is for the skin only, and hopefully an awesome skin for free will still be something worth taking part in!  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2