You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

You don't tell the red team your team's positions ...

39 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles

... and whether or not they're AFK. You just don't.

No, it's not 'counter intelligence', and 'do they believe me?' is not an argument either.

</rant>

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Meh 1

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
12,579 battles

just gotta break the enemy teams will and talk about waffles. been working in clan battles lately!

ntrenmtrnmtrmntrm.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,745 posts
14,269 battles

I've been known to lie about it. More often, I have been known to type false information in the group chat like I was some noob that didn't know the difference between green and white chat text. I also once typed the absolute truth that I was going to be pumping a constant flow of torpedoes into the center gap on two brothers, and they actually thought I was lying! So many torpedo hits that day, lol!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
39 minutes ago, Lert said:

No, it's not 'counter intelligence', and 'do they believe me?' is not an argument either.

Of  course  you could always lie and say a couple of your DDs are AFK or the whole damn idiot team is forming a clockwise lemming train:Smile_trollface:

[ARMAS]
Members
116 posts
4,274 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

</rant>

what if yes

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles
37 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

just gotta break the enemy teams will and talk about waffles. been working in clan battles lately!

ntrenmtrnmtrmntrm.png

AHHH yes the ole Chat distraction...

I love those guys who have that whole cut n pasted paragraph they post in the first three seconds..

I'm thinking about buying  X ship or Y Ship , what do you all think?  etc.

It just kills me when noobs all stop what they are doing and type for the rest of the match arguing LOL

Some actually STOP and chart..

Amazing that people still fall for it.

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
52 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That is unsportsman like conduct right there.

+1

• Cool 1

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,680 posts
14,109 battles
42 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

ntrenmtrnmtrmntrm.png

I prefer the pineapple on pizza: yes or no? I feel it gets more responses in chat and distracts better.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
12,579 battles
9 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I prefer the pineapple on pizza: yes or no? I feel it gets more responses in chat and distracts better.

im chaotic neutral not evil

• Funny 4

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,680 posts
14,109 battles
4 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

im chaotic neutral not evil

lol

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles
1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

I've been known to lie about it. More often, I have been known to type false information in the group chat like I was some noob that didn't know the difference between green and white chat text. I also once typed the absolute truth that I was going to be pumping a constant flow of torpedoes into the center gap on two brothers, and they actually thought I was lying! So many torpedo hits that day, lol!

I've not dimed my own team's positions out, but I used to get involved with some gamesmanship in Randoms.

One of my favorites:

1.  Warn my team in Team Chat not to do what I'm about to say in Open Match Chat.

2.  Announce in Open Match Chat something like:

- "The patch added the ability to see who has cheats enabled.  You can press the T key and see who they are."

- "CVs suck, honk your horn with T key if you agree." <--- DD players most especially hate CVs, so this was pretty fun one to do.

Or some other nonsense.  Sometimes I'd see smoke coming out the reds' spawn areas, so I know it worked.

Been ages since I've done this though.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TO31]
[TO31]
Members
142 posts
4,977 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I love those guys who have that whole cut n pasted paragraph they post in the first three seconds..

It just kills me when noobs all stop what they are doing and type for the rest of the match arguing LOL

It’s interesting you stated this. Just had that exact thing happen few days back. Never considered it could be a distraction tactic lol. Here’s the match results. 

D236F327-0F28-48BB-A5AA-0F0700957410.jpeg

[CAAT]
Members
5,882 posts
7,687 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'll admit, I'm guilty of that sometimes, using Chat as a distraction tool (especially when I sink too early ;P)

sailor-moon-awkward.gif.dd87b9452df01d2024ad7eb132cfa150.gif

[O_O]
Members
7,770 posts
21,274 battles

At the beginning of a game, I frequently type "Reds, may your barrels be crooked, your torpedoes limp, and may your rockets and bombs detonate prematurely!"

It usually generates some banter between the teams during that first minute+ of no action.

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
39 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

what you do, run out of +1s to give for the day?

I frequently "use-up" my daily allotment of emoticon reactions to forum content.  :-)
image_2022-08-29_201822464.png.c6915fca0a2cbdf44df1e72feae6a8ca.png

Members
4,259 posts
5,226 battles

I'm one of "those guys" at the start of a match...

"Okay, so everybody up the middle?"

"Oops" 

or

"We have been trying to reach you about your ships warranty"

or

"I just saved a bunch of money by switching my ship insurance." 

or

"Raid Shadow Legends, use code "Onion" to never be spammed again!" 

• Haha 1

[R_N]
Members
160 posts
5,901 battles

I just got a match with an AFK Gk. Apparently a damaged enemy DD Rushed to his position and then died by the secs LOL

• Haha 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,745 posts
14,269 battles

You guys have made up my mind! In my next battle where I die early, I will Rickroll the chat!

[NWNG]
Members
3,855 posts
6,059 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've not dimed my own team's positions out, but I used to get involved with some gamesmanship in Randoms.

One of my favorites:

1.  Warn my team in Team Chat not to do what I'm about to say in Open Match Chat.

2.  Announce in Open Match Chat something like:

- "The patch added the ability to see who has cheats enabled.  You can press the T key and see who they are."

- "CVs suck, honk your horn with T key if you agree." <--- DD players most especially hate CVs, so this was pretty fun one to do.

Or some other nonsense.  Sometimes I'd see smoke coming out the reds' spawn areas, so I know it worked.

Been ages since I've done this though.

I used to use the "honk your horn with T if you agree" one myself, as a DD main. Except I failed to tell my teammates not to do it... I got some actual horns from some of them, but those who had smoke, pressed T... I screwed over my own team, and I am not at all ashamed of myself for it XD

[NWNG]
Members
3,855 posts
6,059 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

At the beginning of a game, I frequently type "Reds, may your barrels be crooked, your torpedoes limp, and may your rockets and bombs detonate prematurely!"

It usually generates some banter between the teams during that first minute+ of no action.

I more often use the line "May your shells fly true, but your aim suck!"

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,920 posts
15,596 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

</rant>

If the other team is going to win no matter what I don't have a problem. All being quiet about where the ship is only wastes the other teams time. Now if there is any chance that your team could still win I will gladly sit back and watch.