You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 26 to 28 August 2022

21 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles

I came, I saw, I farmed the PTS. Some of the better games might go up on YouTube this week.

Did some things with power tools. Might do more this coming weekend.

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,353 posts
21,800 battles

Played some games on the Public Test Server.
Posted in various forum topics.
Did some re-organizing in our basement.

While gaming, I could see, out of the corner of my eye, the television show that my wife was watching on ROKU.  It was unexpectedly educational.  
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15509954/
https://www.walikali.com/the-hoof-gp-aka-graeme-parker/
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHoofGP/about

[SVF]
Members
2,893 posts
2,776 battles

Completed the Hampshire web campaign, which was steady progress until the last part (which was Ragefest for me, so many kills stolen) which greatly soured my opinion of the entire thing.  Last 2 Navigator tokens didn't reveal the Hampshire or the event captain, and I am not throwing piles of Dubs at the random bundles in the hopes of getting the ship before it turns out to be likely cheaper to just wait till next year.  In honesty, I should have just settled for my first pull Cloud Navigator permavisual and not wasted 7M more credits and 5ish hours of time on the missions trying to beat the odds. =/

[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles

Naval battles.  Actually played some clan battles (a 5 and 1 record)....  Played a few scenarios as we always do with non-clan friends in the game....  Reloaded ammunition and have a new ballistics project (300 PRC)....

Other than that, played 1/2 of what I usually play.  And, several friends are missing from playing the game and it's time to see where they went.....  I suspect, they've had enough and took off on a "walkabout" and went that-a-way.....

Anyway, less play and the event where you have to go to a map outside of the game for two tokens is simply pocking the worst event I've seen in this game.....(I forgot the name of it this AM it's that lame....)

Now, let's be about it.......:cap_like:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles

Fun with Naval battles. Finished my last tech tree grind. 522 ships in port!

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
12 minutes ago, landcollector said:

until the last part (which was Ragefest for me, so many kills stolen)

Oh hell yeah. I was milliseconds away from a third kill on my first attempt. Took me a while after that.

13 minutes ago, landcollector said:

and I am not throwing piles of Dubs at the random bundles in the hopes of getting the ship before it turns out to be likely cheaper to just wait till next year. 

Wise.

13 minutes ago, landcollector said:

In honesty, I should have just settled for my first pull Cloud Navigator permavisual and not wasted 7M more credits and 5ish hours of time on the missions trying to beat the odds. =/

When a premium ship is involved, I always try for every chance that doesn't actually involve spending money, but I can sympathize with the frustration. I think Carbine Carlito still has a giveaway running with a chance to get the ship, so hop on over to his You Tube channel and try your luck. 

7 minutes ago, paradat said:

Finished my last tech tree grind. 522 ships in port!

OMG. :cap_fainting:

Sometimes I feel like I'll never catch up, and then I look at all the Tech Tree T10 ships I actually DO have in port and realize I'm not doing too badly. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh hell yeah. I was milliseconds away from a third kill on my first attempt. Took me a while after that.

Wise.

When a premium ship is involved, I always try for every chance that doesn't actually involve spending money, but I can sympathize with the frustration. I think Carbine Carlito still has a giveaway running with a chance to get the ship, so hop on over to his You Tube channel and try your luck. 

OMG. :cap_fainting:

Sometimes I feel like I'll never catch up, and then I look at all the Tech Tree T10 ships I actually DO have in port and realize I'm not doing too badly. 

I should qualify that does not include all the super ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

I should qualify that does not include all the super ships.

Yeah, but their "grind" is irrelevant; unlocking them requires just one XP from the T10 they arise from... and the cost of getting and running them means that most people will (quite rightly) be selective about which ones (if any) they acquire. 

[ERK]
Members
879 posts
14,116 battles

Finished up the PTS, should be a good haul of tokens this time.

Finished the AWFUL grind on Brest, and had a really good first game in Marseille. Started grinding Duncan then...

8-28-22.png

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
1 minute ago, Superczar said:

and had a really good first game in Marseille.

Put her away except for snowflakes in coop. Preserve that perfect reputation! :Smile_trollface:

[ERK]
Members
879 posts
14,116 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Put her away except for snowflakes in coop. Preserve that perfect reputation! :Smile_trollface:

Most likely I won't be playing her much anyway. While she felt better overall than Brest, she didn't feel like a daily driver. And honestly I'm bad at cruiser and don't play them much anyway, other than grinding. Have yet to find a cruiser that really fits and works for me.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, but their "grind" is irrelevant; unlocking them requires just one XP from the T10 they arise from... and the cost of getting and running them means that most people will (quite rightly) be selective about which ones (if any) they acquire. 

For sure but the credit grind is real lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Superczar said:

And honestly I'm bad at cruiser and don't play them much anyway, other than grinding.

Lines that feel bad to me tend to get put aside for a while. As in... a LONG while. I got the Richelieu in my port way back when they did Christmas snowflakes for the very first time - as I recall, I FXP'd the last part of the Lyon grind to get her before the flakes went away and also because I vaguely recall permacamos being on sale for 50% off, so I wanted both opportunities before they went away. So that was, what? Early 2019? 

I only got the Alsace in October of last year, and the Republique in port just a few weeks ago. A big part of the Richelieu spending so long rotting in port (two and a half years, LOL) was that I was struggling with her at the time and then the Jean Bart came out for coal... and which would YOU prefer to use? 

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
24 minutes ago, paradat said:

For sure but the credit grind is real lol.

Yes, but that's just as much the case for someone like me, who's not necessarily in the market for a super but who has advanced far enough up most of his tech trees that everything he has left to get is Tier 9 or 10 - and as you well know, for many lines the T9 ship actually costs more over the life of the grind (because it has researchable modules that ask to be bought, whereas the successor very often does not). 

I accept that I've made this rod for my own back by primarily being a co-op player, but my credit crunch right now is bad enough that I have ships I pulled from my 2021 Christmas Box-a-palooza that STILL haven't had their upgrade slots filled. More important things just kept on getting in the way.

I'm already looking at 2023 as the year in which this above all things gets rectified, which will mean being very choosy about which grinds I finish to T10 that aren't already at T9 and which T10 ships I actually acquire once I've unlocked them. The only things I'm firmly committed to acquiring all the way up are the British battlecruisers; everything else is a maybe.

Most of this has been motivated by WG having now turned THREE Tier 10 ships into coal premiums, leaving me wondering which is going to be next and deciding that the only reasonable thing to do is to take all the lines - especially the older ones most likely to be changed - to the point of T10 unlock even if I don't buy the ship. That way if WG runs the transformation the same way as it always has, I can rest on my laurels knowing there's nothing I actively need to do. I wouldn't even have bought the Khaba and the GK before they transformed, except that Anniversary flakes were late finishing last year and I was able to get both grinds done in time to claim them. That left me about 34 million credits behind where I could have been, and I wish I could say that the flake prizes justified it. :Smile_veryhappy:

The other thing that tends to set me off on a grinding crusade is that I'll try a ship on the PTS and think HOLY **** WHY HAVEN'T I OBTAINED THIS MAGNIFICENT BEAST YET?, which is mostly the reason that the Goliath is in my port.

(The other other thing used to be Distant Voyages containers giving me a permacamo, in the old system, for a Tier 10 ship - and that's the reason the Hindenburg and Henri are in my port. I would probably have got the Hindy anyway; the permacamo just gave me an extra incentive. In the Henri's case, her monster perma dropped for me from the very last Distant Voyages container I opened before the Econ Rework. Until then, I'd been stalled out on the Saint-Louis with no real intent to go further. I keep mentioning to various Community Managers that they need to re-link the econ bonus packages to the DV permas, because having that sort of incentive dropped in your lap drives engagement in the game.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles

Yeah that all makes sense. I do not think I realized you were mostly coop. For me the tier 9 grind is some of the best because for a long-time tier 9 was the sweet spot but that was in Randoms.

My problem is that I never have more credits than the price of the next ship lol. Currently grinding credits for equipping the last tier 10 and then more super ships. Sitting at the tier 7 on the new British BB's so that will take priority when they release. I have also reset lines quite a bit so that is a big credit sink for me since I buy and keep all of the ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

I have also reset lines quite a bit so that is a big credit sink for me since I buy and keep all of the ships.

Here too. I've done quite a few resets of the IJN gunboats now, mostly FXP but once the slow way to re-experience it as a hopefully better player (and because I'd never actually ground through the Minekaze; I skipped to the Hatsuharu when I got her as part of the Prinz Eitel Friedrich side missions). Roughly 45 million to buy all the hulls back, maybe 25 million payout when I reset them. That will probably be less the next time, because until such time as I grow tired of Research bureau stuff or manage to have it all, I'm never regrinding the B modules ever again and they will likely always be reset and snowflake ships. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Here too. I've done quite a few resets of the IJN gunboats now, mostly FXP but once the slow way to re-experience it as a hopefully better player (and because I'd never actually ground through the Minekaze; I skipped to the Hatsuharu when I got her as part of the Prinz Eitel Friedrich side missions). Roughly 45 million to buy all the hulls back, maybe 25 million payout when I reset them. That will probably be less the next time, because until such time as I grow tired of Research bureau stuff or manage to have it all, I'm never regrinding the B modules ever again and they will likely always be reset and snowflake ships. 

The modules is where I use the free xp but just play them for the leveling. 

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

The modules is where I use the free xp but just play them for the leveling. 

When I did the manual regrind, I did it stock - except for the Hatsuharu's torpedo tubes. I ground the extra 4K XP to unlock the B tubes because it adds 4km to the range and I was doing it extensively in Randoms. If I do it manually again, the whole grind will be in co-op and most co-op torpings which hit the ship you aimed at happen inside 4km anyway. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,854 posts
18,002 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

…I have ships I pulled from my 2021 Christmas Box-a-palooza that STILL haven't had their upgrade slots filled.

I have in excess of 30 ships with one or more upgrade slots empty. Most of them have all slots empty. Some as high as T10.

Most are lootbox/gift box/supercontainer ships I haven’t gotten around to yet. Some of them have been around a long time

I figure it’s over 100M credits to fill them all.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Utt_Buggly said:

I have in excess of 30 ships with one or more upgrade slots empty. Most of them have all slots empty. Some as high as T10.

Most are lootbox/gift box/supercontainer ships I haven’t gotten around to yet. Some of them have been around a long time

I figure it’s over 100M credits to fill them all.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

I'm not that much of a whale that I would reach for my wallet to buy credits. Down that road lies madness. I could sell some of my camos, but I would rather keep them as an emergency reserve for the day I was broke and yet, for some reason, HAD to have a particular tech-tree ship (or a bunch of them) in my port by a certain deadline - e.g. if a research bureau ship were to be announced as getting pulled and I needed to FXP/grind the IJN line and buy it back to pick her up.

[ERK]
Members
879 posts
14,116 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Lines that feel bad to me tend to get put aside for a while. As in... a LONG while. I got the Richelieu in my port way back when they did Christmas snowflakes for the very first time - as I recall, I FXP'd the last part of the Lyon grind to get her before the flakes went away and also because I vaguely recall permacamos being on sale for 50% off, so I wanted both opportunities before they went away. So that was, what? Early 2019? 

I only got the Alsace in October of last year, and the Republique in port just a few weeks ago. A big part of the Richelieu spending so long rotting in port (two and a half years, LOL) was that I was struggling with her at the time and then the Jean Bart came out for coal... and which would YOU prefer to use? 

I have several lines that I haven't had the credits or time to do. Soviets I am basically stuck at Tier VIII other than grinding through to Delny, but this was mostly b/c I didn't have the credits to buy all those Tier VIII ships. Same with several UK lines, and the French. This new French BC line is my only line that I have finished, everything else is back at Tier XI. Hell, I am at a x9 multiplier on the IJN BB line b/c I reset it a bunch of times and never got around to finishing it off.