Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Swervenkill

No Tier 8 Coal Ships

15 comments in this topic

[CUDA]
Members
1,374 posts
13,206 battles

Why aren't there any tier 8 coal ships? The price jumps from under 100k per ship to over 220k.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,904 posts
26,717 battles
5 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

Why aren't there any tier 8 coal ships? The price jumps from under 100k per ship to over 220k.

I can hear the whining now if this were to become a thing.

"I always get up tiered", "I should get a better MM so I do not get up tiered", and the list goes on and on.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
11 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

People might not spend the resources (and time) for 9s and 10s if there were a bunch of 8s.

[CRZ13]
Members
486 posts
11,408 battles

Signals are more important to me now than coal. I have enough ships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[SPTR]
Members
28,204 posts
20,714 battles

tier 8 premiums that do badly in sales or have bad reviews on them should be thrown in the armory for coal.

[CK5]
Members
1,888 posts
22,091 battles
1 hour ago, cthuhulu said:

Signals are more important to me now than coal. I have enough ships.

There is a lot of truth to this statement.  I have 250+ ships and really cannot identify a ship type or feature that I am missing.  All of the current missions, from the Dockyard to dailies, are covered nicely with the ships I have.  

[DPG]
Members
2,145 posts
12,354 battles

it's probably because tier 8 premiums are their bread and butter.  it might reduce sales if they put out tier 8s for coal.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[BUOY]
Members
2,136 posts
21,725 battles

Tier 8's have, AFAIK, always been dubs only to a greater (vast majority of them) or lesser (Dockyards, Black Friday) extent. It's a policy inherited from Tanks.

I think the $1 Cossack way back when was the cheapest you could ever get a T8 premium guaranteed.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,745 posts
14,269 battles
3 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Tier 8's have, AFAIK, always been dubs only to a greater (vast majority of them) or lesser (Dockyards, Black Friday) extent. It's a policy inherited from Tanks.

I think the $1 Cossack way back when was the cheapest you could ever get a T8 premium guaranteed.

Looking back, that deal where you could complete a set of missions that would enable getting Cossack for $1 was likely meant to break people's "spend real money cherries". It certainly worked on me. As I recall, I think they were also running an event where you could get your choice of either Warspite or Gallant for free via missions, but not both.

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,830 battles
5 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

There is a lot of truth to this statement.  I have 250+ ships and really cannot identify a ship type or feature that I am missing.  All of the current missions, from the Dockyard to dailies, are covered nicely with the ships I have.  

Same.  With almost 500 in port, I'd prefer new themed missions (a la Steel Monsters campaign) to invest in rather than any more new ships.  But I know I'm in the minority on this one.

[BUOY]
Members
2,136 posts
21,725 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Same.  With almost 500 in port, I'd prefer new themed missions (a la Steel Monsters campaign) to invest in rather than any more new ships.  But I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Honestly you probably aren't... but WG has been really bad at creating and/or risking creating pure content that could net them as much or more than things like Early Access RNG bundles and stuff.

• Meh 1

[ZZZZ]
Members
261 posts
10,730 battles
13 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

Why aren't there any tier 8 coal ships?

Because new resource (coal, steel, research points, formerly FXP) ships are always tier 9 or 10. (With the exception of Rio de Janeiro.)

All of the other coal ships were originally released some other way and added for coal later one. No tier 8s have gotten this treatment for the same reason that tier 8s are almost never given out as event rewards like lower tiers sometimes are.

[CAAT]
Members
263 posts
12,544 battles

Yes, also, Flint is to pricey for being a tier VII.

[KIVA]
Members
627 posts

T3? Sure!

T4? Sure!

T5? Sure!

T6? Sure!

T7? Sure!

T8? Nope.

T9? Sure!

T10? Sure!

WG is weird about coal ships.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Deadguy

Members
1,377 posts

Here's the result if you actually count all ships in the premium shop by tiers:

Tier 2: 7 ships;

Tier 3: 4 ships;

Tier 5: 15 ships;

Tier 6: 25 ships;

Tier 7: 22 ships;

Tier 8: 40 ships (this includes the Hampshire admiral pack);

Tier 9: 12 ships.

Who do you think will buy these ships with cash if WG puts them in the armory for coal?

Sign in to follow this