Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Squidpoop

How bout your utter worse co op experience?

26 comments in this topic

[D12]
Members
37 posts
5,045 battles

Cannot get a BB to a cap any faster or more aggressively than i do in my Schlieffen.  Bad spawn       Torp soup. 4 Marceau's (almost as much fun as getting 3 Smolensk's)  Getting seriously tired of this W.G. Funny thing though( i might be mental....) the game 2 games latter in a mass with tier 5s and 6s was the one where i scored under 200bxp and shut the game off.  Fun and engaged I was NOT.   More and more i find myself not playing the ships id like to play  (you know FOR FUN) in order to get the missions done.

No I'm not the guy that's all butt hurt and NEVER GONNA PLAY AGAIN.. lol        but just so you are aware W.G. Not all of your customers are having a good time in here some days.        Sorry Folks Rant over.    Cheers

shot-22.08.28_03.29.18-0500.jpg

shot-22.08.28_03.29.15-0660.jpg

shot-22.08.28_03.29.25-0960.jpg

shot-22.08.28_03.29.28-0639.jpg

Edited by Squidpoop
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,839 posts
23,219 battles

I was detonated by the 3rd return fire salvo, and only scored around 1500 damage because Fuso will Fuso at times.  Well, Mistress must've been right pissed with me because the very next match, I was detonated by an opening salvo which resulted in a 2 game pink since I didn't get a proper shot off.

Moral of the Story: Do NOT piss off the Mistress if you can at all possibly help it.  She's got ways to definitely make you pay:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
894 posts
14,394 battles

Worst game in co-op?  How about having the queue freeze for 2 minutes and then spend another minute or so stuck on the mission screen, and then, when you finally spawn, watch you ship explode from an incoming salvo of torpedoes you never had a chance to dodge?  Result... 3 games pinked and wasted resources.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,593 posts
36,449 battles

Getting in to the roster page and seeing my Colorado facing 1CV, 1BB, 1CA, 4DDs and 2 subs. It was a massacre, little of which I could contribute to as it happened so far away.

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,374 posts
13,206 battles

Worst one? Playing on the map with the two islands on the east edge of the C cap, except this was a two cap game. Sailed to the west of the two islands in a battleship but the destroyer went east of the two islands, drawing all three red bots with  him. I continued towards the red cap while the cruiser peeled off and went between the two islands. The two of them sank the three red bots. By the time I cleared the islands to the west all the red bots were in the channel where the B cap would have been. Then they sank and the game ended.

I literally NEVER SAW A RED BOT!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles

I have 35K Co-op games so it's hard to remember the worst.

I had a game the other day in Massachusetts though that sticks out. On 2 Brothers. Myself, a Cruiser, and a DD went to A cap. We had ONE bot come to A; ONE and it was a DD. I did a little damage to it and had one ranging shot at a red BB that should have come to us in A (spawned behind it) but instead went to C for all of 5k. Every other bot either went mid (no green there so why they did this?) or to C cap. 

With the 2 big islands in the middle of the map there was no way to even shoot at ships on the other flak or in the slot. I made a game saving decision to turn back towards our spawn vs going out back to theirs and it let me get one salvo off at the very end on a red BB for a decent hit. Otherwise the game would have been a 5k damage game. As it was the results were a joke and just a waste of my time and secondary flag.

Most of these awful games are the result of a two very common issues WG really needs to address "for Co-op"...

• Too many DD's! 3-4+ DD's is just too many for Co-op when there are only 9 total p/ side and even more so as DD's are the strongest ship class in the mode. They just run ahead and do the majority of the damage before other classes can do much (many also love to run in and block you/run into your torps purposefully so they can get more damage as well). If there are a bunch of friendly bot DD's it is just as bad as they will run ahead and torp/ram reds before you can do much. Human or bot too many DD's sucks. Fast torp Cruisers are the only thing other than a DD that stands a reasonable chance in a 3-4+ DD game in Co-op. It isn't every single 3-4+ DD game where that happens but it is far and away the majority of them. People are getting sick of it (I sure am). I see a lot of chat abuse of DD players now as well (example just yesterday in a 4 DD game where they ran amuck killing everything 2 other players were swearing in chat, calling them greedy SOB's, etc... and the DD players were being [edited] about it too taunting and such) not to mention people ramming DD's in smoke to drive them out or ramming them into islands and such out of frustration (I don't condone that but I understand it). The problem is so real and so pervasive I have stopped playing DD's in Co-op unless it is for a mission task giving me no choice. I refuse to contribute to the problem (and it is a MASSIVVE problem). The fix is simple...
    • Limit/Cap DD's in Co-op to 2 p/ side ideally and 3 as the absolute max. More than that, and now with Subs piled on us too, is just way too many seeing as teams are only 9 p/ side. And limiting DD #'s like that benefits DD players too not just the other classes. Too many DD's in a Co-op match hurts all players.
    • Stop using so many damn DD's to fill empty human slots. I get so sick of 3 bot DD's on the team when bots are added (friendly bots make it fun unless they are all/mostly DD's and then it is :Smile-angry::etc_swear::Smile-angry:). It's even worse when there are 1-2 human players in DD's already and you still add 1-2 bot DD's. Limit bot DD's on the green side to 1-2 max. I am not saying don't ever use them but man cut back on how many and especially so if there is at least 1 human DD player on the team already.
  • The other serious issue is the bot pathing. WG needs to fix it. When 3-4 greens go to a cap and not a single red bot goes there, or only 1 as happened in my MA game ^^^, it is just not right. It totally screws the players who have no opportunity to fight. This happens a lot with solo spawns too. You get spawned way off on a flank alone and never see a red in gun range all match. I don't have a problem with mixing up how many go to a flank as this can lead to a red advantage and some actual serious fighting action but when all of the reds, or all but 1, go to one side it screws over 1/2 the green team at least. And for the love of god WG stop having the bots always key on DD's. This is so easily exploited by human players and it can screw you with bot DD's. Have the pathing be random and not based on where the DD's go. Also, STOP having the bots all jam themselves into the middle on maps like 2 Brothers and Solomon Islands. It is ridiculous the way they all pile in to the slot area and get stuck on islands and each other. Fix the bot pathing so where they go is more random, they don't always key on DD's, and so all greens get soemthing to shoot at.

I could go on and on but that is enough ranting for now.

:Smile_sceptic:

EDIT - perfect example. Just had a game with 3 friendly bots. ALL 3 were DD and they made it worse by making them T7 in a T9 match. Just so sick of it. :Smile-angry::etc_swear::Smile-angry:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 5

[SVF]
Members
2,893 posts
2,776 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have 35K Co-op games so it's hard to remember the worst.

I had a game the other day in Massachusetts though that sticks out. On 2 Brothers. Myself, a Cruiser, and a DD went to A cap. We had ONE bot come to A; ONE and it was a DD. I did a little damage to it and had one ranging shot at a red BB that should have come to us in A (spawned behind it) but instead went to C for all of 5k. Every other bot either went mid (no green there so why they did this?) or to C cap. 

With the 2 big islands in the middle of the map there was no way to even shoot at ships on the other flak or in the slot. I made a game saving decision to turn back towards our spawn vs going out back to theirs and it let me get one salvo off at the very end on a red BB for a decent hit. Otherwise the game would have been a 5k damage game. As it was the results were a joke and just a waste of my time and secondary flag.

Most of these awful games are the result of a two very common issues WG really needs to address "for Co-op"...

• Too many DD's! 3-4+ DD's is just too many for Co-op when there are only 9 total p/ side and even more so as DD's are the strongest ship class in the mode. They just run ahead and do the majority of the damage before other classes can do much (many also love to run in and block you/run into your torps purposefully so they can get more damage as well). If there are a bunch of friendly bot DD's it is just as bad as they will run ahead and torp/ram reds before you can do much. Human or bot too many DD's sucks. Fast torp Cruisers are the only thing other than a DD that stands a reasonable chance in a 3-4+ DD game in Co-op. It isn't every single 3-4+ DD game where that happens but it is far and away the majority of them. People are getting sick of it (I sure am). I see a lot of chat abuse of DD players now as well (example just yesterday in a 4 DD game where they ran amuck killing everything 2 other players were swearing in chat, calling them greedy SOB's, etc... and the DD players were being [edited] about it too taunting and such) not to mention people ramming DD's in smoke to drive them out or ramming them into islands and such out of frustration (I don't condone that but I understand it). The problem is so real and so pervasive I have stopped playing DD's in Co-op unless it is for a mission task giving me no choice. I refuse to contribute to the problem (and it is a MASSIVVE problem). The fix is simple...
    • Limit/Cap DD's in Co-op to 2 p/ side ideally and 3 as the absolute max. More than that, and now with Subs piled on us too, is just way too many seeing as teams are only 9 p/ side. And limiting DD #'s like that benefits DD players too not just the other classes. Too many DD's in a Co-op match hurts all players.
    • Stop using so many damn DD's to fill empty human slots. I get so sick of 3 bot DD's on the team when bots are added (friendly bots make it fun unless they are all/mostly DD's and then it is :Smile-angry::etc_swear::Smile-angry:). It's even worse when there are 1-2 human players in DD's already and you still add 1-2 bot DD's. Limit bot DD's on the green side to 1-2 max. I am not saying don't ever use them but man cut back on how many and especially so if there is at least 1 human DD player on the team already.
  • The other serious issue is the bot pathing. WG needs to fix it. When 3-4 greens go to a cap and not a single red bot goes there, or only 1 as happened in my MA game ^^^, it is just not right. It totally screws the players who have no opportunity to fight. This happens a lot with solo spawns too. You get spawned way off on a flank alone and never see a red in gun range all match. I don't have a problem with mixing up how many go to a flank as this can lead to a red advantage and some actual serious fighting action but when all of the reds, or all but 1, go to one side it screws over 1/2 the green team at least. And for the love of god WG stop having the bots always key on DD's. This is so easily exploited by human players and it can screw you with bot DD's. Have the pathing be random and not based on where the DD's go. Also, STOP having the bots all jam themselves into the middle on maps like 2 Brothers and Solomon Islands. It is ridiculous the way they all pile in to the slot area and get stuck on islands and each other. Fix the bot pathing so where they go is more random, they don't always key on DD's, and so all greens get soemthing to shoot at.

I could go on and on but that is enough ranting for now.

:Smile_sceptic:

One of my my worst Co-Op experiences happened just this morning while attempting the final Hampshire campaign mission.  In a Seattle match, I was shooting a Yamagiri, and our allied bot Yamagiri just sailed straight ahead and rammed it denying me a kill.  Later on in the same match, a Moskva rammed two cruisers I was shooting at, denying me two further potential kills.  At that point (this was 8 or so games in to the task)I started throwing small objects in rage.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,277 posts
34,864 battles

Believe it or not, I had my worst Coop game experience this morning (after 31k+ Coop games).

Was going through my normal ship rotation at the moment and got to the Marseille.  Clicked Battle, then before I got into a game, I remembered I had something else to do and clicked Cancel.  I went to do  that other thing, came back like 6 minutes later only to find I actually got into the battle and was sitting at the spawn with everyone else way into battle and one very damaged bot left.  I started moving, the bot got killed, and I got a warning for being 'stupid'.  LOL.

[PVE]
Members
622 posts
14,397 battles

one that stands out:

spawn in Texas, center spawn, and all but 1 bot go towards the edges, so I got to shoot twice, at maximum range at a moving bot dd. Hit 1 shell. 

[TDRB]
Members
7,095 posts
15,861 battles

I needed to do some damage on my Colorado for a snowflake. I spawned on the left flank of 2 Brothers with 2 T8 DDs. I had one shot the whole battle, a shot you usually pass up because the chances of hitting anything are very slim. The DDs sunk everything they saw too quickly. I did get to cap a point but that didn't get me my snowflake.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles

I've had some bad shows, but the only thing I really hate in Co-Op is when you spawn somewhere and the AI moves all the bots away from you.  Through no fault of your own, you and whoever spawned with you, are going to have an awful game and will lose credits.  RIP if you were F2P and were on a Tech Tree Bote.  Even worse if it was High Tier and in a Tier X ship.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[TDG]
[TDG]
Members
140 posts
15,505 battles
On 8/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've had some bad shows, but the only thing I really hate in Co-Op is when you spawn somewhere and the AI moves all the bots away from you.  Through no fault of your own, you and whoever spawned with you, are going to have an awful game and will lose credits.  RIP if you were F2P and were on a Tech Tree Bote.  Even worse if it was High Tier and in a Tier X ship.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me the tendency of the bots to take off across the map for no logical reason seems to happen since the supposed improvements to bot AI in I think it was 11.6.  Very annoying to get a spawn and then discover the bots have all run to the other side of the map and you have nothing or little to shot at.

[ERK]
Members
879 posts
14,116 battles

Detonating 3 games out of 4 in Le Terrible, while trying to do Naval Battles...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,329 posts

seems to be for me whenever i sail JB for naval battles...   i've failed even 15k damage in her..

[TYPH]
Beta Testers
232 posts
11,724 battles

A week or so ago I had an awful game on Two Brothers.  (Big surprise, huh?)

I was in a BB and got center spawn.  Normally I'd head for one of the flanks, but in this case the other ships (2 cruisers) in the center did that, so I had the center channel all to myself.  So I sailed up it at full speed. 

Not one enemy ship came down the center.  They all went to flanks, and by the time I got out the other side of the channel only one enemy ship was alive -- and *it* was on the other side of an island so I couldn't see it.  I got one hit before it sank, so less than 2K damage for the match.

I cannot overemphasize how badly this map, and WG's flocking mechanics on it, suck.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,593 posts
36,449 battles

Couple of destroyer ones. First game in a gifted Cossack, Torp tubes destroyed by first salvo. One of the few occasions I played my Asashio outside of snowflakes I ended up in a 5 cruiser and 3 dd game.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles
17 hours ago, BillT said:

A week or so ago I had an awful game on Two Brothers.  (Big surprise, huh?)

I was in a BB and got center spawn.  Normally I'd head for one of the flanks, but in this case the other ships (2 cruisers) in the center did that, so I had the center channel all to myself.  So I sailed up it at full speed. 

Not one enemy ship came down the center.  They all went to flanks, and by the time I got out the other side of the channel only one enemy ship was alive -- and *it* was on the other side of an island so I couldn't see it.  I got one hit before it sank, so less than 2K damage for the match.

I cannot overemphasize how badly this map, and WG's flocking mechanics on it, suck.

Same but opposite.  BB spawned wide and everyone went center.  Except one DD that was focus fired by all 3 of us.  Got a couple of shots on the BB before it got in to the bay.  Like 15k damage and 8 cap points.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
6 hours ago, Efros said:

Couple of destroyer ones. First game in a gifted Cossack, Torp tubes destroyed by first salvo. One of the few occasions I played my Asashio outside of snowflakes I ended up in a 5 cruiser and 3 dd game.

Asashio's just a bad bote for PVE because of the possible lineups you can have.  It's not like PVP where 4, 5, or even 6 BBs can happen.  I've also seen a lot of Asashio players not being familiar with what her torpedoes can and cannot do.  I recall playing Midway and watched one player charge a bot Hindenburg to do a point blank drop, only to watch the torps go underneath the CA while the DD ate Hindy's fish and sank.

YQ22rRg.gif

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,593 posts
36,449 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Asashio's just a bad bote for PVE because of the possible lineups you can have.  It's not like PVP where 4, 5, or even 6 BBs can happen.  I've also seen a lot of Asashio players not being familiar with what her torpedoes can and cannot do.  I recall playing Midway and watched one player charge a bot Hindenburg to do a point blank drop, only to watch the torps go underneath the CA while the DD ate Hindy's fish and sank.

YQ22rRg.gif

She is definitely a crapshoot, when it works you can do well (147k is my highest of 15 games in her) but that doesn't happen very often.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
13 hours ago, destruktomatik said:

Back when friendly fire was still a thing I was torpedoed and sunk by an allied bot CV

When FF was still a thing, I was playing Montana and ate a bunch of torpedoes from a "friendly" IKEA DD.  Can't remember the tier / name of the DD, all I know was it did so little damage that the DD player never turned pink :Smile_veryhappy:

• Haha 1

Members
1,376 posts

My worst coop experience happens when I contribute hundreds of thousands of damage and several kills to the team yet still lose the battle because the only other human teammate is useless.

[SRPH]
Members
249 posts
18,844 battles
On 8/28/2022 at 3:02 AM, michael_zahnle said:

Worst game in co-op?  How about having the queue freeze for 2 minutes and then spend another minute or so stuck on the mission screen, and then, when you finally spawn, watch you ship explode from an incoming salvo of torpedoes you never had a chance to dodge?  Result... 3 games pinked and wasted resources.

The game freezing on the mission screen can be an anti-malware issue.  I use MalwareBytes and it will randomly refuse to trust WoWS, causing delays in connecting to the battle, while letting you see the minimap on the mission tab.  It might get resolved if you force your anti-malware software to grant WoWS an exemption, but I just launch a match in a low tier ship with no expendable camos/ resource boosters and see if I have problems.  If I am delayed getting into the battle, I shutdown and restart the game, as the problem is random, this usually fixes it.  The unintended consequence of my strategy is that I rediscovered the joy of low tier DD play.  I also discovered that my Ovechkin was used in my Okhotnik and Smolensk so much that I never retrained him, so I can take the tier I Orlan into a match with a 21-point commander (co-op only for that combo).

[SRPH]
Members
249 posts
18,844 battles
20 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When FF was still a thing, I was playing Montana and ate a bunch of torpedoes from a "friendly" IKEA DD.  Can't remember the tier / name of the DD, all I know was it did so little damage that the DD player never turned pink :Smile_veryhappy:

None of the IKEA DDs have respectable torpedo damage.  However, that makes them the 'go to' DDs for flooding damage, as they seldom sink what they hit, but still cause flooding incidents.  IKEA DDs are for stealth torping BBs and sweeping the sky of enemy aircraft.

[WPORT]
Members
19,353 posts
21,800 battles
12 minutes ago, RLBell said:

None of the IKEA DDs have respectable torpedo damage.  However, that makes them the 'go to' DDs for flooding damage, as they seldom sink what they hit, but still cause flooding incidents.  IKEA DDs are for stealth torping BBs and sweeping the sky of enemy aircraft.

:cap_yes:

Sign in to follow this