You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
__Dave

It's the little things....

9 comments in this topic

[THEM]
Members
231 posts
15,762 battles

I've been playing this game since November, 2017, and I remember being a super aggressive player thinking we always needed to rush the cap.  This resulted in me often getting deleted rather early, and my team being on the losing end in random battles.  While I have definitely gotten better throughout the years, about 6-8 months ago I made it a mission of mine to get to .500 with regards to wins and losses.  At the time, I had approximately 230 more losses than wins.  Well, after a total of 9,406 battles, spanning almost five years, I have finally reached .500 -  4,702 wins, 4,702 losses, and 2 ties.

While I know there are many factors that affect this, many of which are beyond my control, it was nice to actually achieve this record.

Now as long as I don't go lose 15 in a row, I'll be happy for a bit..

Dave

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 2

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,157 battles

nice work! Good to hear success stories of guys that consciously strive to get better and do.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,947 posts
22,927 battles

Noob-Rush the cap and die.

Competent - Wait for your moment.

Vet - Rush the cap and kill the noob

Grats on your progress!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,201 posts
28,860 battles
4 hours ago, __Dave said:

I've been playing this game since November, 2017, and I remember being a super aggressive player thinking we always needed to rush the cap.  This resulted in me often getting deleted rather early, and my team being on the losing end in random battles.  While I have definitely gotten better throughout the years, about 6-8 months ago I made it a mission of mine to get to .500 with regards to wins and losses.  At the time, I had approximately 230 more losses than wins.  Well, after a total of 9,406 battles, spanning almost five years, I have finally reached .500 -  4,702 wins, 4,702 losses, and 2 ties.

While I know there are many factors that affect this, many of which are beyond my control, it was nice to actually achieve this record.

Dave

Congratulations....

I'm focusing on damage and kill steals.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,125 posts
9,114 battles
5 hours ago, __Dave said:

Dave

While there are a lot of factors outside of a single player's control, the fact that you got to 50% after a long time means it was still your effort. Random luck isn't going to trend such a large sample like that. So congrats on that.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles

Well done :cap_like:

The title of your post just made me remember...

It's the little things that kill

Tearing at my brains again

The little things that kill

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts

Congrats!  Getting to 50-50 was one of the highlights of my WOWS “career” and I’ll never forget that feeling.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,979 battles
13 hours ago, __Dave said:

Dave

Congrats. I was at 47-48% before I had computer problems and was away for a few months a couple years back. I decided to try to get better once everything was sorted and managed to get to 50.3% in Randoms now. I actually play Ranked more often than Randoms these days, and there I am at 55%. Maybe give that a try, because I found that helpful in learning how to play better too. Anyway, I still rush the caps when I am in DDs though, he he he. Can't break myself from that habit, lol.

• Cool 1

[THEM]
Members
231 posts
15,762 battles

Keep it up Potter...improvement is always a good thing...

Thanks all for the comments...

Dave