[ALL] USS Lexington CV-16 Essex Class for Lexington

10 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts

USS Lexington CV-16

Spoiler

shot-22_08.26_00_01.18-0688.thumb.jpg.f17da45b7f828ce356e295ea928b3c69.jpg

Still waiting for the USN CV split? Now you can change the appearance of USS Lexington (CV-2) to her Essex class successor which is a museum ship to this day. This mod changes the visual appearance of Lexington's researchable B hull to a representation of the Essex class. The aircraft remain untouched, however the option to apply camouflage to planes has been disabled. The permament camo also has been modified to fit the Essex hull.

Installation

1. Extract the .zip file provided in the download section below.

2. Copy the contents inside (namely the PnFModsLoader.py file and the content and the PnFMods folders) inside to the following directory: World_of_Warships\bin\<highest number>\res_mods

If you are not sure where to find the World_of_Warships directory:

You can find it in the WGC launcher here:

Spoiler

imageproxy.png.c981063087509337f0b129f9c2500b67.png

Or for Steam users:

Spoiler

imageproxy.png.25dbcd922bdb6c90178ce51fcf0a9eb7.png

Download

Download Link | v1 (Google Drive)

Models and textures sourced from game client (including current and previous versions).

Thanks again to @jupiter_astrofighter for contributing to this project.

• Cool 6

[0RION]
Members
5 posts
2,187 battles

Great job, i've downloaded all your mod and this one makes me fall in love with the blue ghoust! 

One question, could you add number 16 painted on the deck? or add it to the default camo? 

Thank for the mod and keep it coming !:cap_horn:

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts
On 9/5/2022 at 4:12 AM, Xsqwerty said:

Great job, i've downloaded all your mod and this one makes me fall in love with the blue ghoust! 

One question, could you add number 16 painted on the deck? or add it to the default camo? 

Thank for the mod and keep it coming !:cap_horn:

Definitely, I'll get working to update that! 

• Cool 1

[RSDWG]
Members
654 posts
14,705 battles
On 9/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, Admiral_Bingo said:

Definitely, I'll get working to update that! 

I put a Sea Blue skin on my Lexington and the Number 16 on the deck in dark gray almost black with no white or yellow outline and up on the bow aft of the anchor slightly lower in small light gray air force font About 4' to 6' in real life scale.

Hex# 495566 is the best for Dark Sea Blue Gray.

Looking at the archives I noticed that the Lexington CV-16 had all those white markings on the flight deck in dark gray almost black trough most of the war. And the flight deck 16 never had a white or yellow outline like most of the CV's had.

And the Lex CV-16 was one of the Essex class ships that was Measure - 21 dark sea blue gray for most of the war. At the end of the war she had the dark Blue lower hull  and haze gray upper camo MS-22.

The MS-21 would be great if you gave it that because that's what scheme she had in operation cherry blossom.

I would take a screen shot of mine but I don't know what picture source to use, photo bucket is pay for use now!

Edited by rustydawg
  • Cool 1

Guest Major_A_Steiner
0 posts

That's fantastic! Whlie Lady Lex (CV-2) was a famous warship without doubts, I still think that an Essex-class CV is more realistic at T8 with late-war planes like Corsair and Helldiver. Is there any update with the deck number included? I already painted the ship MS-21 in my port. :-) 

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts
On 10/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, Guest Major_A_Steiner said:

That's fantastic! Whlie Lady Lex (CV-2) was a famous warship without doubts, I still think that an Essex-class CV is more realistic at T8 with late-war planes like Corsair and Helldiver. Is there any update with the deck number included? I already painted the ship MS-21 in my port. :-) 

I am planning to work on updating that just as soon as I finish with my USS Flint project :)

[SANC]
Members
406 posts
3,630 battles

Hey, any chance we can get the Blue Ghost's Cold War-era jets as plane replacements? She did carry several subsonic jets such as the A-4 Skyhawk back in the day.

I have wanted a mod like this for both the Lexington and the Midway for some time. Here's proof:

[Mod request] Cold War era modernization for T9/10 WW2 ships - Announcements and Discussion - World of Warships official forum

Edited by Saphira123456

[SANC]
Members
406 posts
3,630 battles

The mod doesn't work. I did everything the mod author instructs, yet this is the model that I got in the game:

legends_fleet__essex_class_uss_lexington__cv_16__by_saphira123456_dfilwre-fullview.thumb.jpg.e31b606987a6b6527bca8fc989f6f133.jpg

That's Lady Lex CV-2, not CV-16. the Blue Ghost.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I had the A-hull equipped, not the B-hull. My fault.

Edited by Saphira123456
  • Cool 1