You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Did I do the unforgivable ???

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,861 posts
20,403 battles

Last night I gave a CV driver an up vote compliment after the game. I wonder if it surprised them?

It's actually a big deal for me as I give out few compliments... it's mostly down votes. This guy had his planes exactly where I needed them when I needed them as I was taking a cap in a CL... at the least that deserves a :cap_like:

• Cool 3

[SUB4]
Members
1,334 posts
11,920 battles

I was playing a CV last weeek and got an karma point.

I was shocked!

I usually lose a point for playing a CV

• Cool 1

Members
4,258 posts
5,222 battles

I'm pretty sure I've given more +1s to CVs than -1s. 

Its not the players fault for crappy game design. Same goes for subs. 

• Thanks 1

[STRM]
Beta Testers
543 posts

I absolutely HATE subs but I never downvote sub drivers, it's the game designer's fault they are garbage. I +1'd quite a few CVs as well.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles

I +1 CVs

It's rare but I do.

Spotting , support , drop fighters etc.

Just so very rare to see it.

Too many farming BBs for easy XP on the 1 line.

[ERK]
Members
879 posts
14,116 battles

I +1'd a CV player the other day who said first thing in game that he expected to be -1'd. He certainly wasn't the worst teammate in that match so he didn't deserve to be -1'd at all IMHO. And this garbage of giving out a -1 to a player just for playing a class you don't like is CHILDISH. Frankly the Karma system, as well as cross-team chat, and receiving unsolicited in-port private messages (this one in particular needs to be at the very least able to be disabled) all need to go bye-bye.

Edited by Superczar
  • Cool 3

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
312 posts
20,140 battles

Karma does as it is intended. It allows players in their mind to vent and not be verbally toxic. I myself do not like cv's the never ending planes are no fun. Having said that I have given out quite a few +1 to CV players who support the team.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,266 posts
15,331 battles

I have down voted subs and CVs never complemented a sub but I have a CV . Since it doesn’t hurt the player and makes me feel good I do the down vote sometimes especially for Subs . 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Members
491 posts
8,928 battles

What ship the player is in shouldn't matter, but how they use it. I report chat issues more than anything else because that is the only thing that has an effect, but I will complement good play or good manners when I see it regardless of teaw/ship, and I think more people should do the same

Members
2,020 posts
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Too many farming BBs for easy XP on the 1 line.

i do give +1 when a dd comes back to the "j" line and pops smoke all around me 

• Funny 1

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts

I comp’ed a CV this morning. We were down on points and needed a kill to win the game. One of the red CVs was camped out in the Two Brothers channel, and our guy kept pounding him until he died. They got our DD, but I finished off their remaining CV for the win. It ended up being a 2800 BXP game for me (in a Shchors!) and the CV was second with over 2000 BXP.

[WOLFX]
Members
663 posts
1,690 battles

I give out up-votes to CV players at times. More regularly than I do to BB players.

I especially appreciate the awareness of CV players who drop fighter cover over me when I am being focused by the Red CV.

[FORM]
Members
2,999 posts
15,488 battles
7 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Last night I gave a CV driver an up vote compliment after the game. I wonder if it surprised them?

It's actually a big deal for me as I give out few compliments... it's mostly down votes. This guy had his planes exactly where I needed them when I needed them as I was taking a cap in a CL... at the least that deserves a :cap_like:

I really make it a point to give out a bunch of up votes if it's a close match and folks play well - especially if they were smart players who sacrificed the damage farming for doing something the team really needed - and sometimes that's even a CV who does a smart job spotting and/or dropping fighters at critical points.

The down voting comes easy ;) 

[TDRB]
Members
7,096 posts
15,861 battles
7 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Going AFK is the only unpardonable crime in this game. Some act as if you should never leave the game even if it is to save your child's life. 

• Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,729 posts
52 battles

I found that if you're capable of carrying (pun intended) matches people are reasonably likely to compliment you.

[SUB4]
Members
1,334 posts
11,920 battles
6 hours ago, clammboy said:

I have down voted subs and CVs never complemented a sub but I have a CV . Since it doesn’t hurt the player and makes me feel good I do the down vote sometimes especially for Subs . 

Someone who's willing, in this climate, to play a sub deserves at least to be down voted only for bad play or bad manners.

Anything else is vindictive nonsense.

• Haha 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,610 posts
9,981 battles

I receive lots of +1's when Im in a CV. I scout, cover caps, reset caps, drop fighters over DD's that need protection. I dont do a lot of damage, nor do I get many kills but I do play for a team and I do what I can to support my team.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,353 posts
21,800 battles
11 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

:cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
19,353 posts
21,800 battles
8 hours ago, Forgotten_Void said:

What ship the player is in shouldn't matter, but how they use it. I report chat issues more than anything else because that is the only thing that has an effect, but I will complement good play or good manners when I see it regardless of teaw/ship, and I think more people should do the same

:cap_like:

[KMS]
Members
83 posts
1,337 battles

I'm a bad CV player. But once in a while ( a long while) it happens to have my moments, when all planets aligns. In one of these moments, while playing Wesser (on the EU server), I was pleasantly surprised to get two karma points in the same battle! I was really touched.

Edited by Talharu

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,659 posts
8,684 battles

Nawww, this thread is heartwarming.