Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boggzy

NA Community Time! Hampshire and Operations!

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,475 posts
15,342 battles

Captains!

NA Community Team is back with stories from their trip to the USS Hornet and a first look at the Hampshire!  Since we missed you last week, we'll go over patch details and answer your questions as best we can.  We missed you, so come play some Operations with us!

Wednesday, 5pm - 7pm Central US Time Aug.24

https://www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

• Cool 2

[BONKY]
[BONKY]
Members
742 posts
18,777 battles
1 hour ago, Boggzy said:

Captains!

NA Community Team is back with stories from their trip to the USS Hornet and a first look at the Hampshire!  Since we missed you last week, we'll go over patch details and answer your questions as best we can.  We missed you, so come play some Operations with us!

which operations bozzgy

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,475 posts
15,342 battles
41 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

which operations bozzgy

I don't know!  We can choose whichever we want with a division!

[4HIM]
Members
3,653 posts
21,197 battles

It's 5:05 and don't see you on line. Looked at the Twitch schedule and it's blank for that time period. Was it cancelled?

[4HIM]
Members
3,653 posts
21,197 battles
1 minute ago, used_2b_subguy said:

yeah, they took it off the calendar, right at the time it was supposed to start.  Not cool.

Just like the one last Thursday. Guess no CT for me this week. 

[F4E]
Members
26 posts
51,365 battles

there is a twitch outage/schedule maintenance...maybe affecting the stream launch?

[4HIM]
Members
3,653 posts
21,197 battles

There's other streamers live now. Don't know why WoWS isn't. 

[O_O]
Members
7,760 posts
21,213 battles

I had to use the link in the post above, as the WoWS channel wasn't showing on Twitch as being active last night.  With that link, I tuned in at 1800 and got my hour in for the drop.

[WOLF6]
Members
778 posts
14,905 battles

did not watch the stream, but how is the Hampshire? When will it be available and by coal, steel, etc?

[SVF]
Members
2,893 posts
2,776 battles
27 minutes ago, 1meanDad said:

When will it be available and by coal, steel, etc?

Available?  Soon:tm:.  Likely tomorrow since we're seeing reviews popping up on Youtube as of yesterday.

How?  By random bundles in the Armory or through an Admiral's Bundle package in the shop in the near future, ship as a standalone shop buy in early 2023, according to the 11.7 Patch notes article 2 weeks ago.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
16,721 posts
19,321 battles
28 minutes ago, 1meanDad said:

did not watch the stream, but how is the Hampshire? When will it be available and by coal, steel, etc?

Random bundles (via tokens you can earn/buy), something else at a later date - 2023 (I don't recall the resource).

8 inch AP only RN cruiser.

[WOLF6]
Members
778 posts
14,905 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Random bundles (via tokens you can earn/buy), something else at a later date - 2023 (I don't recall the resource).

8 inch AP only RN cruiser.

thanks

[ARR0W]
Members
5,962 posts
32,017 battles
19 hours ago, Boggzy said:

Captains!

I got on stream and was called away by IRL after just a couple minutes; I was hoping to ask if there are any metrics on the dispersion removed from camouflages.

I thought this dispersion change would help cruisers vs destroyers, but help BBs vs cruisers even more. Anecdotally, it seems there has been a mini Deadeye for BBs whose population continues to bloat while cruisers seem bound for extinction, aside from those that are just miniature battleships. 

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,475 posts
15,342 battles
22 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

I got on stream and was called away by IRL after just a couple minutes; I was hoping to ask if there are any metrics on the dispersion removed from camouflages.

I thought this dispersion change would help cruisers vs destroyers, but help BBs vs cruisers even more. Anecdotally, it seems there has been a mini Deadeye for BBs whose population continues to bloat while cruisers seem bound for extinction, aside from those that are just miniature battleships. 

Interesting to hear you say that BB population has bloated.  The most common complaint I hear is that there are too many DD's 

[WOLFC]
Members
5,895 posts
16,487 battles
15 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

Interesting to hear you say that BB population has bloated.  The most common complaint I hear is that there are too many DD's 

…and which ship type do so many BB players love to complain about?

I fail to see how the BB population being bloated and complaints about the number of DDs in battles are mutually exclusive. I expect there is in fact a high degree of correlation between the the two.

Edited by Nevermore135

[ARR0W]
Members
5,962 posts
32,017 battles
2 hours ago, Boggzy said:

There are an average of five slots taken up by the least produced ship type in the period covered by the game. It’s also the least common ship type by far after 1942, the period represented by T8+. 

DDs wouldn’t be overpopulated until they took >7 slots 😆. The complaints are because BB players want cruisers to instadelete, but those are now rare if not actually an endangered species, other than the ones that are essentially mini battleships . 

Edited by Pugilistic

Sign in to follow this