You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

W.O.A.T. Ship

48 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
15,648 posts
9,782 battles

Pffft... Vittorio Venetto leads for a full head

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'll bite with Fen Yang. 

I don't think that the Fen Yang comes close to worst ship in the game.  It's not that great, but if the devs would make a single change to her, the FY would become a thoroughly decent Pan-asian DD.   The single change would be to allow her torps to be the same as regular PA torps, being able to hit anything except DDs.  The lack of being able to hit cruisers seriously hurts the FY. Her torps can hit BBs and CVs.  And her guns can hurt other DDs.  But she's left without any real capacity to hurt enemy cruisers.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'll bite with Fen Yang. 

Fen Yang is maddening.  A straight up Pan Asia Premiumized version of Akizuki, stat for stat, would have been an easy game winning layup for WG.  A good DD in the IJN DD Line, and get a Premium version for PA captains?  That was easy money.

But WG screwed it up.

Anyways, I won't nominate a single ship.  I nominate an entire ship line:  Italian Battleships.  I talked about them yesterday.  There is nothing good about them, they bring no good value to their teams.

(Link in case embed doesn't show up right)

There has been no such thing in my view, as a Bad Battleship Line until the Italian one showed up.  And afterwards with additions like German and now Royal Navy Battlecruisers, it still is the only bad BB Line.

• Meh 1

[BUOY]
Members
2,135 posts
21,725 battles

Sejong and Adriatico are horrid FXP bait T9's that only *might* perform in their very specific niches, since in doing so they utterly fail at any teamplay whatsoever and it's 90% likely when they do get in their supposed performance sweet spot, they just die horribly.

V. Veneto has well dethroned HMS Mongrel as the worst BB since at least with the latter everyone 'knows' it's a crap ship and tend to ignore it leading to being able to pull off some nasty surprises since the guns are competent... Veneto OTOH was released with Deadeye in mind and unlike the pittance buffs WG gave to Marco Polo in compensation... they haven't with the Veneto so you have a slow reloading shotgun that can't do enough damage with SAP thanks to that AND has Roma's famous always overpen AP shells... if they hit.

Edited by lloyd1701

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,255 posts
9,217 battles
30 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Yahagi has entered the battle.

Leon is worse.  Leon is worse than them all.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles
37 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Yahagi has entered the battle.

Kawachi follows.  Oklahoma off to the side, hoping no one notices her.

7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Leon is worse.  Leon is worse than them all.

Tier for tier I would agree.  Really bad.

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,471 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Kawachi follows.  Oklahoma off to the side, hoping no one notices her.

Tier for tier I would agree.  Really bad.

Okie and the Brit gin court have their fun bullying bots with secondary builds.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
665 posts
17,004 battles
1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Monarch.

Tier for tier, this can be no worse than top three.  I can think of tier VI BB's I'd rather be bottom tier in than play this as top tier.

[ARP]
Members
2,222 posts
21,041 battles

Nino bixio is actually incapable of doing anything. For tiers that people actually care about fen yang might like a word

[ARR0W]
Members
5,973 posts
32,064 battles

Its weird, but my WR and damage tend to be higher than my average for tier and ship type in the ships scorned as UP by most. Maybe I try harder. I actually like Tiger '59 and Yahagi. I think of KK as being half of a Smolensk placed at T5  :D

None of the above are true of Leone or Viribus U; everyone has limits. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,608 posts
5,065 battles

Yeah, yeah.  Kawachi, Myogi.  But who plays those once they're shed of them?  (And honestly, Myogi <ptui> isn't all that bad to play once you understand how bad she is.

I'm going outside the box here: Langley.

Let me amend that.  Langley is the worst *ship* in the game, by a margin.  She's a bloody collier with a flat deck.  Is her air arm is good enough to save her?

Edited by iDuckman

[ARGSY]
Members
30,559 posts
28,106 battles

If a sh**ter like me can have a 58% randoms win rate in Monarch, she can't be that bad (and that was BEFORE her most recent set of range buffs). Not sure if I would call Veneto the worst, but she was certainly the most frustrating. (Arms Race, it must be said, gets the reload down as low as 23 seconds and makes a Co-op Death God out of her.)

[BONKY]
Members
2,216 posts
25,939 battles

Tiger'59 is an easy Top 10 shoe in, but I'm sure Leone, Z-31, Cheshire, California, and OK are better at being worse.

Edit: When a ship like Mikoyan is so bad everyone forgets about it, nvm above, Mikoyan wins.

Edited by tfcas119

[KIVA]
Members
626 posts

Oklahoma would be my nomination. Saddled with a gobsmacking 38-second reload, worse AP pen on 356mm guns than several 305mm-armed BBs at her tier, terrible turret traverse... oh, and brawling secondaries welded to the slowest BB hull at T5, so you can never, ever use them for anything. I'd rather play Viribus Unitis than Oklahoma. I'd rather faildiv with Phoenix than play Oklahoma. She's just a wretched, awful, painful ship to play.

Lovely to look at, though.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
5,898 posts
16,516 battles

Viribus Unitus.

Bad things happen when you cram a tier IV hull with meaningless AA and terrible HP into tier V.

The only good things I can say about the ship is that I didn’t have to buy mine (won it in a Twitch Drop) and I don’t have to worry about it showing up in a container.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,608 posts
5,065 battles
29 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Mikoyan wins.

Mikoyan?  What's a Mikoyan?

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,826 battles

Outside of the obvious nomination for Tiger '59, here goes:

Tech tree nomination

• Z-31 - easily the worst DD tier for tier that I can recall.  When the prospect of using Leone sounds better, something is definitely wrong.

Premium ship nomination

• Genova - 20s reload on 203mm guns at T5?  No HE shells?  Citadel the size of a city block?  Yeah, I'm out on this one.
  • Cool 2

[BONKY]
Members
2,216 posts
25,939 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Mikoyan?  What's a Mikoyan?

with IFHE, it can HE citadel...itself. Was also free at some point during the Petro early access.

[KUK-M]
[KUK-M]
Members
486 posts
44,707 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Jingles has a nomination:

Oh, I thought it was any ship I was playing at the moment.  

my bad.jpg

[TSF]
Members
882 posts
21,189 battles

I'm going to have to add K. Schonberg to the running.

Schonberg is worse, in every way, than its corresponding tech tree ship, and just plain BAD.