Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TacticalOni

De Zeven Provinciën - Will it ever go to the shop?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

564
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

I'm not here to spur a discussion about how good or bad the ship is. I missed my chance to get it during her dockyard event because I was taking a break and, honestly, I don't have it in me to grind dockyards even when I do play for more than a few matches like I did in the old days. 

My question is, and maybe someone who works at WG will know, will De Zeven Provinciën come to the premium shop someday? Repulse finally got added, and if memory serves, the cruiser was in an event before that. 

Whats an oni gotta do to get their cold war cruiser? :Smile_unsure:
(EDIT: You know what? how about Odin too? Just curious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[KCWY1]
Members
273 posts
10,811 battles

Only one ship that was the final objective of a dockyard has ever been made available in the Armory for any currency.  The Puerto Rico was made available in an Auction once and is now again available in the present Dockyard.  I'd suspect that these two methods may be the only way going forward to get ships like the D7P and Odin.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,027
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
7 minutes ago, DownriverRick said:

Only one ship that was the final objective of a dockyard has ever been made available in the Armory for any currency.  The Puerto Rico was made available in an Auction once and is now again available in the present Dockyard.  I'd suspect that these two methods may be the only way going forward to get ships like the D7P and Odin.

Odin was sold in the last charity auction, this past winter.  It sold for a $600 donation if I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[KCWY1]
Members
273 posts
10,811 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Odin was sold in the last charity auction, this past winter.  It sold for a $600 donation if I recall.

Don’t remember that, don’t doubt it though. Point being that outside of auction or a second dockyard the final objective of previous dockyards have not been available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles
24 minutes ago, DownriverRick said:

Only one ship that was the final objective of a dockyard has ever been made available in the Armory for any currency.  The Puerto Rico was made available in an Auction once and is now again available in the present Dockyard.  I'd suspect that these two methods may be the only way going forward to get ships like the D7P and Odin.

Shucks, I forgot D7P and Odin were the end-goal ships. 
thing is, I don't recall either being hugely popular, or very powerful comparatively in their time, I'd be willing to shell out real money (*gasp*) or coal for them, and heck, their availability in the armory for steel would actually inspire me to maybe try grinding ranked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[BUOY]
Members
2,135 posts
21,725 battles

With the return of the PR, maybe WG will finally be re releasing the other Dockyard ships... hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,027
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
28 minutes ago, TacticalOni said:

Shucks, I forgot D7P and Odin were the end-goal ships. 
thing is, I don't recall either being hugely popular, or very powerful comparatively in their time, I'd be willing to shell out real money (*gasp*) or coal for them, and heck, their availability in the armory for steel would actually inspire me to maybe try grinding ranked. 

D7P hasn't ever been that great of a ship that I know of.  Odin was a great ship and still is, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[-RUM-]
Members
379 posts
7,490 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

D7P hasn't ever been that great of a ship that I know of.  Odin was a great ship and still is, in my opinion.

Odin can definitely be a force in the right situations, though I think a small buff either to her HP, main battery accuracy, or AP fuse time would help make things more consistent and comfortable when uptiered.

As for the OP, I can imagine both coming back in auctions, but I could also imagine there being repeat dockyards considering this is Pay-2-Rico Part 2: Electric Boogaloo :Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,654
[CO-OP]
Members
3,593 posts
36,449 battles

D7P is somewhat underwhelming.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[ARGSY]
Members
982 posts
14,113 battles

One of the German dockyard ships got me the Graf Spee for free.  She is still a fine ship and fun to play. So I am thankful.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,673
[WOLFC]
Members
5,898 posts
16,516 battles

The only time dockyard ships have been available outside of their dockyard events have been special charity auctions. A few Puerto Ricos were auctioned off during such an event earlier this year for ~$800 each, IIRC.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[KIVA]
Members
626 posts

Sadly, while the prospects for De Zeven Provencien in-game don't look good, they look even worse for her real-life sister ship. Efforts to preserve Almirante Grau (ex- De Ruyter) have apparently failed, and she's been sold for scrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
470
[WOLFH]
Members
1,124 posts
6,341 battles

I’ll buy a D7P if it ever goes on sale (at a reasonable price that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,673
[WOLFC]
Members
5,898 posts
16,516 battles
9 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

Strasbourg was part of the Hizen dockyard event before the ship was available in premium shop.

The Hizen dockyard awarded three ships: Tachibana, Yahagi, and Hizen.

Strasbourg was completely independent of the dockyard and was the reward for the traditional time-gated New Year’s campaign, similar to other NY ships that preceded her (PEF, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Gorizia, etc). Like other such ships, she could also be purchased outright in the Armory/shop during the event to allow quicker/easier completion of said campaign.

The most recent NY event was unique in that the regular “New Year’s” ship was made a part of the dockyard: the new tier VI Repulse was a mid-point reward.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,376 posts
29 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The Hizen dockyard awarded three ships: Tachibana, Yahagi, and Hizen.

Strasbourg was completely independent of the dockyard and was the reward for the traditional time-gated New Year’s campaign, similar to other NY ships that preceded her (PEF, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Gorizia, etc). Like other such ships, she could also be purchased outright in the Armory/shop during the event to allow quicker/easier completion of said campaign.

The most recent NY event was unique in that the regular “New Year’s” ship was made a part of the dockyard: the new tier VI Repulse was a mid-point reward.

I guess it's my unreliable memory again. I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[TXC]
Beta Testers
213 posts
16,726 battles

you guys need to give the D7P another try ...    i didnt give any cares about it either till @Boggzy said he thought it was one of the best dockyard boats ever released...      and after playing 10-20 matches in it,, he may be right.. its a fun friggin boat with 3 airstrikes,, super fast HE,, and untouchable AA  ...   its not the end all be all of cruisers,, but its a fun boat to change game speeds once in awhile....       

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,478 posts
15,390 battles

Hello, everyone!

Dockyard ships are not slated to go to the Premium Shop any time soon.  We are aware that folks do want to get access to them again, so we are looking for fun ways to bring them back without making the people who worked hard for them feel like they are "lessened".

And yes, the DE7 is awesome :Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,467
[SALVO]
Members
15,648 posts
9,782 battles
1 hour ago, Fool_of_a_Took said:

i didnt give any cares about it either till @Boggzy said he thought it was one of the best dockyard boats ever released... 

 

12 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

And yes, the DE7 is awesome :Smile_izmena:

D7P is awesome and unique!!! So glad I got her :Smile_playing:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,585
[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

D7P is awesome and unique!!! So glad I got her :Smile_playing:

Great for burning things in Co-op; not so much for bombing things.

Gotta love that ‘coincidental’ turning just as you place the bomb reticle.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,442
[D-PN]
Members
3,709 posts
17,209 battles
11 hours ago, Boggzy said:

 ....without making the people who worked hard for them feel like they are "lessened".

 

Hhmmmm... where have I heard that before....

My memory isn't so good anymore but I keep thinking of the words steel and coal for some reason.... must be going senile....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,303
[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
On 8/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, Boggzy said:

Hello, everyone!

Dockyard ships are not slated to go to the Premium Shop any time soon.  We are aware that folks do want to get access to them again, so we are looking for fun ways to bring them back without making the people who worked hard for them feel like they are "lessened".

And yes, the DE7 is awesome :Smile_izmena:

Boggzy, I never feel "lessened" if any of the ships I worked for in a Dockyard event eventually go on sale for money or coal, etc.  All I ask for is a reasonable exclusivity period, like say, a year.  After that, moving it into the armor would be OK with me.  And FYI, I own all but one of the Dockyard ships.  The only one I don't have is the Odin, which I don't really miss because I have the Brandenburg. 

 

If I was going to suggest a tweak to the Dockyard, it'd be to make SURE that the final ships are good, because some of the dockyard ships have seemed less than stellar, while others seem quite good.  Examples of less than stellar DY ships (just my opinion, mind you).

The D7P.  The D7P has outstanding AA, but its main guns seem rather weak, even knowing that she's a CL. It just seems like she ought to be a little more productive with her mains.  Also, her airstrikes.  This is a problem I have with ALL Dutch airstrikes, not just the D7P's.  They reload serially, not in parallel like all torpedo launchers or main guns.  Imagine if you had to load the guns on your ship one turret at a time.  This is what's wrong with the airstrikes.  They're already hard enough to land hits with to be saddled with this terrible reload mechanic.

The ZF-9 (I might have the name wrong).  This tier 9 German DD is NOT bad.  My gripe with her is that it is, to me, inexcusable that turrets on a high tier DD are so damned SLOW to turn.  We're not talking about massive BB turrets here.  These are still DD turrets.  And it's not like the ZF-9 has some sort of ungodly ROF that needed to be balanced with the slow turning turrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[LWC]
Members
305 posts
705 battles

All I can think of when I see this ship is "Motor versterking geactiveerd" lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles
On 8/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, Boggzy said:

Hello, everyone!

Dockyard ships are not slated to go to the Premium Shop any time soon.  We are aware that folks do want to get access to them again, so we are looking for fun ways to bring them back without making the people who worked hard for them feel like they are "lessened".

And yes, the DE7 is awesome :Smile_izmena:

Thanks for dropping in and letting me/us know! Honestly, I'd be happy grinding for D7P in a new dockyard event, just gotta know when its happening! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,478 posts
15,390 battles
Just now, TacticalOni said:

Thanks for dropping in and letting me/us know! Honestly, I'd be happy grinding for D7P in a new dockyard event, just gotta know when its happening! 

You're not alone!  Personally I think it's high-time we got the DY ships from 2 years ago available again :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×