You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jarod997

Secondary Mount Firing Angles - Show us!

4 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
545 posts
7,532 battles

There has been many updates which refer to Secondary Mounts and their associate firing angles either in general or for specific ships. The problem is, this data isn't available anywhere for players to see. I'd love to be able to see the firing angles (even if it's some static overhead view) of the secondaries for my ships. (Start with the battleships then include the other classes.) As a bonus, tell us the firing angles (even if they're just printed numbers on the overhead static graphic).

For example, the Commonwealth BB Yukon (just humour me here) has eight secondaries in four locations around the superstructure in super-firing positions (the turret behind can shoot over the turret in front). By LOOKING at the model, the ship should be capable of firing 4 secondary turrets at any target in 360 degrees around the ship. For example, the four front turrets should be able to fire forward, the four on the side should be able to shoot to the side, and there is some reasonable degree of overlap swinging between those two sectors. BUT in-game they will NEVER fire forward. It looks like they can. Why don't they? Is this a game bug, or is this designed that way? The game doesn't tell us.

Additionally, Secondary Dispersion is a mechanic that is present in the game, but never displayed to the player. It really should be added to the stats on the secondary armament "on-hover" pop-up window - especially considering there are optional mechanics in the game that modify those values (eg Commander Skills).

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Wiki Editor
886 posts
5,481 battles
18 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

It really should be added to the stats on the secondary armament "on-hover" pop-up window

I whole-heartedly agree with this. It wouldn't be all that difficult to add. As for the firing angles, that would be nice, but also much more difficult to accomplish. Still, one can hope. 

[WOLFC]
Members
5,651 posts
15,821 battles

While I agree with the OP, such information will likely never be included in official resources for the same reasons things like Krupp, vertical dispersion, etc are not - in the dev’s opinion they would make the UI too cluttered with info most players don’t care about.

[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
545 posts
7,532 battles
On 8/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, Nevermore135 said:

While I agree with the OP, such information will likely never be included in official resources for the same reasons things like Krupp, vertical dispersion, etc are not - in the dev’s opinion they would make the UI too cluttered with info most players don’t care about.

Obviously there are players who care about it. :P