You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Harry_Keester

Things we'd like WOW to fix

36 comments in this topic

[1D10T]
Members
12 posts
1,817 battles

And go!

As for me, I'd like to see the blatant bias against US ships to end.  Build the ship models as they were in real life, and stop buffing historically inferior ships that in no time in history had a rats chance in hell of sinking a Iowa or Montana (had the Monty been built)!  Another example of how wokeism has destroyed a game I used to love to play!

Edited by Harry_Keester
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 15

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts
28,225 battles

Eliminate carriers.

Eliminate subs.

Eliminate radar going through islands.

Eliminate sonor from going through islands.

Give ships a 10 second button to clear sub pings.

Make hydro detect subs, no matter their depth.

Since a sub can do 30 k ots under water,  make destroyers faster by 10 knots....

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[GWG]
Members
102 posts
6,980 battles

I'd like to be able to play the game off-line in a training room.

There are several locations I visit that has no Internet access - and lots of downtime to waste.

---

And stop giving us two sided bot CVs and Subs in Co-Op -- that is super annoying.
Getting 'perma-stuck' in a game is also something that is profoundly stupid.
And how about a 'mercy' rule for co-op that if the game ends in less than 5 minutes, we get a re-spawn of bots.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
950 posts
4,632 battles
51 minutes ago, Harry_Keester said:

And go!

As for me, I'd like to see the blatant bias against US ships to end.  Build the ship models as they were in real life, and stop buffing historically inferior ships that in no time in history had a rats chance in hell of sinking a Iowa or Montana (had the Monty been built)!  Another example of how wokeism has destroyed a game I used to love to play!

Is this satirical? US ships are very good, they had many premiums that were removed from being a bit too good, like the Alaska, Mass, Georgia, Enterprise, etc. Their tier 9-10 battleships (except for the vermont line sometimes) are usually regarded to be some of the best in the game, because of how versatile they are and how they are not dependent on gimmicks that could potentially handicap them. Their cruisers aren't nothing to ignore either, with Baltimore and Des Moines being excellent cruisers for their tiers. You're likely just playing the ships wrong.

If we're assuming WG gives bias to certain nations (which perhaps I do agree with), US probably is the 2nd most biased nation, just behind USSR

Edited by richie_macrophage
  • Cool 1

[1D10T]
Members
12 posts
1,817 battles

Granted Carriers and subs are annoying AF!  But, they were a huge part of Naval History.  I agree with your comments about the Radar and sonar!  I'd just like to see them build and model the ships as they were in real life, don't take an Iowa class and throw on a radar, buff the armor and citadel then call it the Missouri and sell it!  I say the ships in the game should be the Flagships of their line, and if someone wants a Missouri, New Jersey or Wisconsin then make those ships available either for money or credits in the store.

Edited by Harry_Keester
  • Boring 1

[1D10T]
Members
12 posts
1,817 battles
2 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Is this satirical? US ships are very good, they had many premiums that were removed from being a bit too good, like the Alaska, Mass, Georgia, Enterprise, etc. Their tier 9-10 battleships (except for the vermont line sometimes) are usually regarded to be some of the best in the game, because of how versatile they are and how they are not dependent on gimmicks that could potentially handicap them. Their cruisers aren't nothing to ignore either, with Baltimore and Des Moines being excellent cruisers for their tiers. You're likely just playing the ships wrong.

Nope, just stating my observations.  You're right, when this game first launched the US ship were the best in the game, but they have since been nerfed into nothing but glass tubs!  I'm a Naval Architect and Engineer, as well as a Historian.  During WWII from 1943 thru 1945, Nothing could beat our BB's not even the Yamato.  The Javanese knew it, and did everything they could to keep the Yamato away from our Iowa's, they feared them so much they beached it to keep it from getting sunk!

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
950 posts
4,632 battles
33 minutes ago, Harry_Keester said:

Nope, just stating my observations.  You're right, when this game first launched the US ship were the best in the game, but they have since been nerfed into nothing but glass tubs!  I'm a Naval Architect and Engineer, as well as a Historian.  During WWII from 1943 thru 1945, Nothing could beat our BB's not even the Yamato.  The Javanese knew it, and did everything they could to keep the Yamato away from our Iowa's, they feared them so much they beached it to keep it from getting sunk!

Yeah you're pretty disconnected with how the game actually works, especially given how we have paper ships that never existed running around. Real life has little meaning; game balance matters first. The US ships don't suck at all compared to other ships, and it is totally possible to carry entire games and lay waste to enemy ships, and slaughter Yamatos with a Montana. In fact, many of the ships can literally be considered the best of their tiers. You can even kill a Yamato using a heavy cruiser if you play it correctly. Your expectations for them are probably way too high and you're just using them completely wrong. An Iowa class mindlessly dive bombing into a group of Japanese battleships and cruisers wouldn't last in game, nor real life.

Yamato was kept away because it was expensive to move it around and consumed a lot of resources that the Japanese didn't have. The bigger threat was air attack, rather than battleships which the Yamato was specifically made to deal with. Beaching it would've prevented from sinking from any sort of attack; it would also be a logical choice for an Iowa facing against 4 Yamato-class ships without any route to escape.

Edited by richie_macrophage
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HWIN]
Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters
189 posts
9,613 battles

US ships are objectively some of the most overpowered in the game, including, but not limited to, Salem, Des Moines, Ohio, Alaska, Georgia, Massachusetts, Vermont and United States. I suggest you stop huffing the freedom glue just a little bit, because, if anything, this game is very US biased. 

And, since it seems like this needs to be mentioned nearly every thread now, real life and history has never had, does not have, and will never have any sort of influence on how this game is balanced.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CAAT]
Members
5,355 posts
7,219 battles
1 hour ago, Harry_Keester said:

Another example of how wokeism has destroyed a game I used to love to play!

the-princess-bride-inigo-montoya.gif.98fd6b5e36abb7afa71580bbca386c04.gif

I have (thankfully) not seen any political nonsense (from ANY spectrum) added into my WoWs, thank you very much!

...Now, if you're talking about wonky game balance, or even nation bias or something, now THAT you might actually be able to argue about (regardless whether it's true or not). But WOKEISM? That's a MAJORLY huge NOPE.

• Cool 5

[CAAT]
Members
5,355 posts
7,219 battles
1 minute ago, ThemasterTanker1 said:

US ships are objectively some of the most overpowered in the game, including, but not limited to, Salem, Des Moines, Ohio, Alaska, Georgia, Massachusetts, and United States. I suggest you stop chugging the freedom koolaid just a little bit, because, if anything, this game is very US biased. 

Overpowered? Ehhh, I'm not sure I'd go THAT far. They're STRONG, yes, quite strong. But not exactly what I'd call overpowered. (EXCEPT United States, that ship can really dish out the damage.)

Let's look at USN premium battleships for a sec:

Strong/OP:

X Ohio, IX Georgia, VIII Massachusetts.....?????.....IV Arkansas Beta? That's pretty much it.

Underperforming/Middle of the road/not as strong:

IX Missouri, IX Kearsarge (this one's tough to place tbh), VIII Alabama, VIII Constellation, VII California (you saw this coming ;P), VII Florida, VI West Virginia 1941, VI Arizona (she's good, but I'm not sure I'd call her OP anymore), V Texas, V Oklahoma.

And as for USN tech tree battleships, well there's some good ones sure (Montana, Iowa, North Carolina, New Mexico, Vermont and Minnesota MAYBE?), but I wouldn't rush to call ANY of them overpowered/super strong....

And that's only battleships.

Now, for cruisers.....Alaska is very strong, not sure I'd call her overpowered though. Puerto Rico is decently strong too, but I wouldn't call her overpowered...(guh, too late to go through all the other ship types....maybe someone else can judges the other ship types and see what's "OP" and what's not. Nighty night!)

Well, even if I AM drinking the US Kool-Aid here....

chug-drinking.gif.73ed8b672e4c1332d12e53bd0658be7b.gif

...one fact definitely, positively, always remains (hopefully not for much longer): California is an UNDERPOWERED USN premium battleship.

Buff her, Wargaming. :P

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HWIN]
189 posts
9,613 battles
2 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Overpowered? Ehhh, I'm not sure I'd go THAT far.

Salem, DM, Alaska, and Massachusetts are the best ships at their tier in their respective classes, hands down. Georgia is broken, so much so it was removed, and is only second to Musashi, which is quite literally a tier 10 shifted down. Vermont just got giga buffed, and she was already quite good before. Ohio is self explanatory.

[SALTY]
Members
8,838 posts
17,469 battles

One wish.  Just get rid of homing torpedoes with subs. 

Make subs have to use the same skills as destroyers to land torpedo hits.

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
18,614 posts
33,441 battles

Bot instant reactions.

You can be seen for just a fraction of a second; yet a bot will shoot at you, launch torpedoes, launch ASW planes...

A bot will go behind the waft of hazy air left by a seagull breaking wind and go dark, then magically reappear a second or two later, (also magically, no longer broadside.)

Heaven forbid a player do something to go dark, and a bot actually stops shooting at them.

Bot magical shell normalization.

I swear sometimes; bot have 0% shell normalization when being shot at, (everything bounces unless it strikes dead on,) but 100% shell normalization when shooting at an angled player, (full pens or cits, no matter what angle a bot shell hits at.)

Magical bot critical hits.

Oh how amazingly convenient; you're going in for a torpedo attack and a bot scores one hit that JUST HAPPENS to be a torpedo tubes crit.

Oh how amazingly convenient; bot scores an engine or rudder crit; which you repair; except the bot then immediately scores the exact same crit. Bonus points for adding insult and incredulity when both cirts happen from just one or two shell hits.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Thanks 2

[RAPID]
Members
21 posts
4,700 battles

Increase CV aircraft carrier fire duration from 5 seconds to 45 seconds. Let it burn, let it burn!

Decrease CV aircraft carrier damage control party duration from 60 seconds to 20 seconds.

"Hark soft, what light from yonder window breaks?" ... Oh, it's world of warships players calling for positive changes falling of deaf ears. pffft

• Cool 2

Supertester
469 posts
6,710 battles
2 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

stop buffing historically inferior ships that in no time in history had a rats chance in hell of sinking a Iowa or Montana (had the Monty been built)!

Well if we are talking about "inferior ships that had no time in history" Montana on launch was one of those given it had an exposed citadel and a worse heal than Yamato at the time and has since been buffed quite a lot. 

when this game first launched the US ship were the best in the game, but they have since been nerfed into nothing but glass tubs! 

On launch, there was a whole of TWO NATIONS, the USN and the IJN of which the IJN had the better ships, especially looking at BBs given at higher tiers the USN had worse heal and exposed cits that could easily be abused, and Yamato's spicy overmatch. Since launch, they have actually been significantly buffed and made much easier to use when they made the citadel waterline rather than exposed. 

I say the ships in the game should be the Flagships of their line, and if someone wants a Missouri, New Jersey or Wisconsin then make those ships available either for money or credits in the store.

That's pretty much how it already works for the most part dude. Lead ships in a class are slapped up inside the tech tree such as the Iowa, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Des Moines, Littorio, and many many many more. Whereas the rest of their sisters are made premium or resource ships. 

The Javanese knew it, and did everything they could to keep the Yamato away from our Iowa's, they feared them so much they beached it to keep it from getting sunk!

Since when did the Javanese have a navy? let alone a Yamato class BB. Further, the Japanese fleet (Yes also Yamato) weren't scared of the Iowas in the fleet. WW2 wasn't a Battleship-centric naval affair it was focused on Carriers and Carrier Taskforces, like Task Force 58 (or Fast Carrier Task Force 58 for the full name). It was carrier fleets that won the war, not battleships. There's a reason BBs were rendered obsolete long before the war even ended. Finally, they never beached Yamato (unless sea levels rose 1,120 from the ocean floor where she rests) and it wasn't because of the Iowas they wanted to beach her either. It was part of the mission plan for operation Ten-Go to beach Yamato as a diversion while the primary attack used the Kamikaze planes on the US fleet. The plan for Yamato was to make their way to Okinawa and beach her for use as a coastal artillery battery as a diversion.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,011 posts
42,078 battles

Kick bad apples off the game.

Enough said.

~Sab

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles

Other then the OP's political views which, is total no no to disclose... Power creep is an issue... Its the one issue both players and the company are willing to adapt to a certain degree.

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
7,867 posts
41,962 battles

Fix the carousel AND/OR bug. Been there since day one, reported hundreds of times. Response: Crickets.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,182 posts
8,297 battles
6 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

And go!

Sorry, but I find the Russian bias much more objectionable. 

What I want to see fixed is the bloody magic radar! This has completely broken the game. Cruisers hiding behind islands spamming radar into cap circles through solid rock! I get this is an arcade game, but radar not being limited to line of sight breaks the suspension of disbelief. 

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
221 posts
11,568 battles
8 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

And go!

I don't think it's the USN ships that are under performing here.....

[SALVO]
Members
14,442 posts
9,250 battles
8 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

!  Another example of how wokeism has destroyed a game I used to love to play!

I have nothing to object to your choice of Clan, seems fitting.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[HWIN]
189 posts
9,613 battles
3 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

less armored than the Iowa's

3 hours ago, Harry_Keester said:

Speaking of Yamato, it's a given fact that it had weaker armor than the Iowa's

Well, that's just flat out incorrect.

[RSL]
Members
831 posts
12,785 battles

@mfumukoskoldpadda

I didn't know it snowed in the Bay Area...

You do know that the Montana was never actually built, right?  It was to be a stretched, beefed up version of the Iowa Class with an additional main turret.  But in this game it's a Glass bathtub!  

Exposed Citadel?  Dude, put down the bong, because you have no clue what you're talking about!  US Ships used a All or Nothing armor concept, which is very effective at stopping torpedo's and artillery.  The Citadel is part of the ships armor, it literally is an armored box enclosing the machinery, the magazine and the CIC spaces.  It's made up by the armored deck, the reenforced waterline belt, and the transverse bulkheads.  So, DUH!  It's exposed!

Now let's address the Yamato.  Yep, it had big guns!  Yep it was a big ship!  But it was slow, less armored than the Iowa's.  And yes her Captain was ordered to Okinawa with instructions to beach herself and fight until destroyed.  Excerpts from the memoirs of Minoru Genda, he stated that the Iowa Battleship brought fear to his heart because he knew that the Yamato could not defeat her in battle, and every effort to avoid fighting the Iowa and her sisters were made.  After the battle of the Philippine Sea, he ordered the Captain of the Yamato to go to Okinawa and beach the ship to avoid it from being sunk at sea.  Once beached it would then become an unsinkable gun placement.

Speaking of Yamato, it's a given fact that it had weaker armor than the Iowa's, yet during her service life she was torpedoed six times and didn't sink.  Too bad the WOW game developers never caught that little fact.  or maybe they did and chose to ignore it...  Regardless, in WOW the US ship are nerfed to glass bathtubs while the German, Japanese and Russian ships are buffed to near immortal status.

If you think that Montana is a glass bathtub then that’s on you. Monty is one of the most survivable BB’s in the game, as it’s has an excellent heal and DCP, and a solid armor scheme.

He was talking about exposed in regards to the game, which generally is based on where the citadel roof is in regards to the waterline. Of course the armor of a ship is going to be exposed in some areas. Also, the all or nothing scheme didn’t really dramatically increase the protection levels, but it DID allow them to reduce weight/increase speed (the entire point of needing fast battleships) without sacrificing as much protection.

Yamato did not have worse armor than the Iowas. That is apparent simply by looking at the schematics of the ship. For example, the Iowas only had a 12.1 inch main belt, while the Yamato had a 16 inch belt. Of course there are many other features that go into protection, and by no means was Yamato superior in all of them (notable the torpedo protection system, which suffered from severe design flaws) but in terms of just raw protection, Yamato was superior.

you have a source on the remarks made by Minoru agenda? As these “remarks” sound made up by someone trying to back up a point by making up evidence. The Japanese weren’t scared of the Iowas, they were scared of the carriers. Your point about them planning on beaching Yamato is correct though.

Again, Yamato had better armor than the Iowas. She didn’t sink from those torp hits? Well she did sink from those hits plus the numerous other bomb and torpedo hits. 

Pro tip: you’re not gonna be able to lie about IRL characteristics of ships and get away with it. There are people who have spent thousands of hours looking through naval records and information, and they are gonna notice and call you out on any misinformation regarding naval history.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,440 posts
24,185 battles

Look at every major rework and addition since the game was developed- how many were requested by players?  Something to be learned from that.