You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

Old VS New (Comparison of the two economic systems).

18 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

After much delay due to health reasons.... I finally, got to the bottom of the new Economic system... Now.. Praise the company

• For a smooth transition (from old to new)
  • Easy to manage econ bonus HUD
    • So easy even a cave man can do it...

Just log on and the system did the work... All I saw were the notifications popping up.. After it was done (felt like 5 mins).. I finally got to seeing the new system on the live server...

The Economic boost/benefits tab/selection was a little hidden on the port HUD... It was located under the captain manning the ship... (Maybe a little more obvious location or font, would've been better).

From there you have options for boosts... The confusing part was...

• Some boosts stated cost in dubs
    • HOWEVER
  • Other boosts never state a price... Just the amount you have.
    • So buyer beware...
    • Also the auto resupply toggle was off for my ship by default...

The signals are in the equipment tab which is a plus..

So far, nothing to be mad or emotional about (Oh Canada!)...

Good first impression so far... So how about giving the new Econ system a try in regular battles... The parameters are as follows

• Only perma camo used
  • Tier V DD premium used
  • No premium time
  • No econ boosts..
  • Random Battles only
  • The finish line was only to achieve the second container at 12k cpt points...

These parameters were used for the new system... In the old system, the only changers were using tier 7 schores

Now if you're a player

• with a camo fetish in the old system
  • Playing mid tiers and avoids tier8 and above like the desert avoids a shower.
  • Not using premium time

This is your guide...

In the old system...

It took me 9 battles  (7 wins and 2 losses), to reach the finish line.

544026466_Screenshot(556).thumb.jpg.3e598bc22c1d6069765d344c5e1fc042.jpg

In the new system... It took me 6 wins our of 7 games to reach the second container...

536877097_Screenshot(562).thumb.jpg.01331b39b28c7eb59e00cb23e3c79452.jpg

Conclusion...

The new system just feels, more of a wringer for those who are not spending... This means its a grind (more so now more then ever.. You have no choice but to spend)...

I use to hoard Camos because... I'm a proud member of the WOWS camo fetish club (Maredraco as O/Nosso Presidente) . They look good and they had a purpose...

NOW ???

I have a camo fetish (for no reason) AND a bonus econ hoarder... If I dont have to use it... I dont lose it and frankly, I rather have the old system back...

The value has shifted to using (or hoarding or selling) camos for no reason... Using (if needed) Econ bonuses if need be... This to me doesn't make any sense when you need your players to consume.. (Granted a percentage will spend on bonuses and that's cool... I just dont not see the point after the changes done).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 3

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles
35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The new system just feels, more of a wringer for those who are not spending... This means its a grind (more so now more then ever.. You have no choice but to spend)...

I use to hoard Camos because... I'm a proud member of the WOWS camo fetish club (Maredraco as O/Nosso Presidente) . They look good and they had a purpose...

NOW ???

I have a camo fetish (for no reason) AND a bonus econ hoarder... If I dont have to use it... I dont lose it and frankly, I rather have the old system back...

The value has shifted to using (or hoarding or selling) camos for no reason... Using (if needed) Econ bonuses if need be... This to me doesn't make any sense when you need your players to consume.. (Granted a percentage will spend on bonuses and that's cool... I just dont not see the point after the changes done).

Yes, my thoughts are like yours stated.  I can't seem to adapt my mind to believing that my special camos were now nerfed for its uses, as well as the special signals.  Now that they do not stack, its worse.

I for certain used to get better credits, captain XP, and FXP from previous versions than the new/current.

• Thanks 4

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
9 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Yes, my thoughts are like yours stated.  I can't seem to adapt my mind to believing that my special camos were now nerfed for its uses, as well as the special signals.  Now that they do not stack, its worse.

I for certain used to get better credits, captain XP, and FXP from previous versions than the new/current.

I have a hypothesis... The new system favors DMG farmers over those who play the game mode, compared to the old system.. It was somewhat even..

For now its hearsay...

[AAA]
Members
273 posts
14,869 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have a hypothesis... The new system favors DMG farmers over those who play the game mode, compared to the old system.. It was somewhat even..

For now its hearsay...

I don't think that's rumor. It's been stated multiple times officially that the new system favors performance in battle. With removal of service cost reductions in favor of increased credit bonuses, credit earnings now scale more proportionately with performance.

[62186]
Members
140 posts
7,048 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

For now its hearsay... 

It is not really. I have noted a significant decrease on my economic gains (Credits, CXP, FXP) since the patch hit performing more or less the same (sometimes even better than my average) and I am getting less than I used to.

I think the inflexion point is on T3 Boosters, in other words, if you perform very well and have T3 Boosters, you will outperform the gains of the Old System, otherwise, with T1 and T2 Boosters and "average" performance you make less.

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
1 minute ago, Ekkaroe said:

It is not really. I have noted a significant decrease on my economic gains

Are you DMG farming or just playing to win???(its not clear in your post).

[62186]
Members
140 posts
7,048 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Are you DMG farming or just playing to win???(its not clear in your post). 

Apologies. I play to win, mainly IJN DD/CA, it is rare I will end up with "high damage" games, those happen, but rarely.

Edited by Ekkaroe
  • Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
6,802 posts
34,337 battles
3 hours ago, SoThirsty said:

I don't think that's rumor. It's been stated multiple times officially that the new system favors performance in battle. With removal of service cost reductions in favor of increased credit bonuses, credit earnings now scale more proportionately with performance.

And, if this ^^^^ is true, average and below average players will at some point, simply leave the game....   I am an average player and since this process has loaded, I "see" a reduction in daily earnings......  

I have several COOP matches where I am losing between 10 and 25K at tier 9 and 10.  TBH and with full disclosure, COOP battlespace mechanics account for most of this !  Since, bots spawn centrally versus mirrored.  There are some matches where I get only a few salvos in from a BB/CA before the match ends.  Matches with 5  to 7 DD's/Subs/Carrier(s) with you, in a BB, are all losses in value.  I can't "see" anywhere that this change will produce a better game....???  Why even grind TT ships anymore? 

And yes, I am using PT till it runs out.   And no, I am not "spending" a single anything per match...  I am not going to buy anything.  So, the test later on will be:  can you play PVE and break even as a F2P........the assumption is no; especially at the higher levels.   How is this change going to grow the game???

Gosh, what am I missing???

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,322 posts

i lost credits before the update in coop sometimes at T8, even running PT...  i haven't had a credit losing match since the update though

Members
2,011 posts

i dont like anything about the new system....

the graphics associated with it are ugly ..

the placement of the signal flags is ugly ..

its not easier , and i dont want to be thinking about being screwed over by auto resupply ...

ect, ect

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[AAA]
Members
273 posts
14,869 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

And, if this ^^^^ is true, average and below average players will at some point, simply leave the game....   I am an average player and since this process has loaded, I "see" a reduction in daily earnings......  

I have several COOP matches where I am losing between 10 and 25K at tier 9 and 10.  TBH and with full disclosure, COOP battlespace mechanics account for most of this !  Since, bots spawn centrally versus mirrored.  There are some matches where I get only a few salvos in from a BB/CA before the match ends.  Matches with 5  to 7 DD's/Subs/Carrier(s) with you, in a BB, are all losses in value.  I can't "see" anywhere that this change will produce a better game....???  Why even grind TT ships anymore? 

And yes, I am using PT till it runs out.   And no, I am not "spending" a single anything per match...  I am not going to buy anything.  So, the test later on will be:  can you play PVE and break even as a F2P........the assumption is no; especially at the higher levels.   How is this change going to grow the game???

Gosh, what am I missing???

You've misconstrued what I said. Battle earnings HAVE NOT CHANGED.

This only applies to service cost reduction modifiers, with the exception of the clan building. Any camos and flags with service cost reduction were replaced with credit bonuses. This, a moderate, flat rate benefit was replaced with a bonus varying with battle performance. Overall, this would be a greater benefit. Thus, this really only applies to premium ships since the camo effects were changed.

Service cost reduction was analyzed to be a very miniscule effect compared to their appraised cost. In most situations, credit bonus is better than service cost (with the notable exception of superships, since they earned at the TX rate yet cost double to maintain).

• Boring 1

[USN-W]
[USN-W]
Members
421 posts
12,480 battles

Since the economic upgrade, I have been running T6-T10 premium ships, (Graf Spee, Atlanta, Ragnarok, Georgia, Salem, Jean Bart, Stalingrad, Massachusetts, F. Sherman) with no added bonuses, just what the camo gives.  I have found on average that the earnings are about half of what they used to be.  You have to look in the credit section in the after battle report to actually find out how much credits you are getting.  On a side note, why WG are you still giving me camos in the daily drop boxes, all they are good for is selling now thanks to your goofing up the unbroken system.

• Thanks 1

[RIGID]
Members
35 posts
14,760 battles

The bonuses for credits and fxp/commanderxp no longer scale off total xp and you can't stack them to ridiculous heights by applying everything anymore, so I miss getting 40k xp games that gave 2.5mil credits and 35k freexp.  Seems like I might overall have more boosts, but that's honestly worthless if they're all small boosts I can't stack and I'd have to play thousands of games to get rid of them.  I'm also annoyed that I can break down my large boosts into small boosts, but can't combine my small boosts into large boosts, even at a loss in conversion.  I'm to the point where I've already done the tough grinds and I'm done grinding, preferring to just slap on everything and get through a line in 25 games, so those small boosts are absolutely worthless to me.  Seems like premium ship booster packs are earning more with no additional bonuses applied, but I know that's to compensate for the lack of repair cost reduction.

That being said, I do see the benefits in the new system.  Credits were just way too easy to get.  Everyone was sitting on hundreds of millions of credits and not much to spend them on.  The main perk of this is if people are making less money at tier 10 it might smooth over matchmaking for the middle tiers that have been notoriously shafted for years because the vast majority of games occur at T10.  I'm fine with T10 being a credit eater if that means T7 and 8 won't be bottom tier 70% of games eventually.  There were probably better ways to deal with the credit problem.  Auctions were certainly one for people like me.  We got the famous problem of if players have something, even if its not good for the game, they won't like it being taken away.  It would've been better to fix with additions rather than subtractions.  I just also hope competitive can not be T10 9 times out of 10 now too, because honestly I hate the T10 meta for ranked and CBs.

Edited by fenthereaper

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,322 posts
9 minutes ago, fenthereaper said:

That being said, I do see the benefits in the new system.  Credits were just way too easy to get.  Everyone was sitting on hundreds of millions of credits and not much to spend them on.  The main perk of this is if people are making less money at tier 10 it might smooth over matchmaking for the middle tiers that have been notoriously shafted for years because the vast majority of games occur at T10.  I'm fine with T10 being a credit eater if that means T7 and 8 won't be bottom tier 70% of games eventually.  There were probably better ways to deal with the credit problem.  Auctions were certainly one for people like me.  We got the famous problem of if players have something, even if its not good for the game, they won't like it being taken away.  It would've been better to fix with additions rather than subtractions.  I just also hope competitive can not be T10 9 times out of 10 now too, because honestly I hate the T10 meta for ranked and CBs.

Everyone: obviously referring to everyone who has finished 'the grind' which is a teeny tiny percentage of the game population, and likely over represented on the fourm.

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles
22 hours ago, Ekkaroe said:

It is not really. I have noted a significant decrease on my economic gains (Credits, CXP, FXP) since the patch hit performing more or less the same (sometimes even better than my average) and I am getting less than I used to.

I think the inflexion point is on T3 Boosters, in other words, if you perform very well and have T3 Boosters, you will outperform the gains of the Old System, otherwise, with T1 and T2 Boosters and "average" performance you make less.

The quote on bold is the thin red line here.  I got over 10k XP for playing a Tier 8 in a Tier 8,9,10 match. With low damage value just shy over the ships HP.  Destroyed a T8 DD, Capped, Defended Cap.

Grinding the Dutch cruiser T8.

[AAA]
Members
273 posts
14,869 battles
13 hours ago, dabot8 said:

I have found on average that the earnings are about half of what they used to be.  

I disagree and find your results suspect. Unless you have actual data of before/after earnings I'm calling false.

12 hours ago, fenthereaper said:

The bonuses for credits and fxp/commanderxp no longer scale off total xp 

I don't think credits EVER scaled off total XP. According to the wiki, credits are calculated separately using different criteria. That's why they never seemed to reflect each other.

• Boring 1

[FERNE]
Members
414 posts
2,410 battles

I like the new system as far as cosmetics go. Being able to stick with the standard grey of most ships without losing anything is great.

I don't like losing even a small amount of credits, they went the wrong way with costs and payouts.

[PVE]
Members
8,727 posts
5 hours ago, SoThirsty said:

I disagree and find your results suspect. Unless you have actual data of before/after earnings I'm calling false.

I'm not taking sides, I just wanted to let you know you can compare the earning of the new and old system in this spreadsheet that WG put out.  Go to the third sheet "Difference Between Systems".  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QdYhvYMu6gsUSMS7Hag3Gwpnwn7LD2XvJeiqFeIG1y4/edit?usp=sharing