You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Irelands_32

WWS New Camo Rationale.

7 comments in this topic

[KOBK]
Members
76 posts

I took a break from WWS 3 months ago, but I am a longtime player and in truth, this is the only game that I do play.
I returned just as .6 arrived and I'm trying to get used to the changes. What I don't understand is now the purpose
of putting camouflage on our ships. Am I correct in reading that they look nice but no longer provide us with any game value
am I missing something? When I run out of my many camouflages why would I want to purchase anymore?

I do love this game but I don't see changes with these camos and signals as in any way making this game simpler.
I am getting used to our new torpedoes. I am primarily a BB on the American and British lines. Right now I am running like hell
when I hear a ping. (but that is my problem).  Am I just finding it difficult to adapt because I am in old goat?  I'm not sure that
the problem resides with me.

Comments welcome.  Maybe I have missed something.

Edited by Irelands_32
Spelling

[REVY]
Members
9,637 posts
7,316 battles
1 minute ago, Irelands_32 said:

When I run out of my many camouflages why would I want to purchase anymore?

Wargaming is hoping vanity alone will line their pockets.

• Haha 1

[KOBK]
Members
76 posts
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

[KOBK]
Members
76 posts
11 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Actually, I think that there is a logic error going on here.  Perhaps WWS wants to get rid of Camos all together. They will become a slow fade. The new players will not miss them as they really have no reason to put them on their ships. 

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
42,786 battles

Sold all the higher priced camos for tons of credits. Went from 48mill to 298mill.

Only kept camos worth 37500 and below so I can use some in serious play (dislike the naked look). I had so many I always used them even in coop. No more, now Coop has the naked look. Should I need more credits (not for a while) I have many lower-priced camos in reserve I can sell at any time. My .02

Of course this does not apply to ships with permacamos (Premiums and many more I have).

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,686 posts
8,694 battles
2 hours ago, Irelands_32 said:

I took a break from WWS 3 months ago, but I am a longtime player and in truth, this is the only game that I do play.
I returned just as .6 arrived and I'm trying to get used to the changes. What I don't understand is now the purpose
of putting camouflage on our ships. Am I correct in reading that they look nice but no longer provide us with any game value
am I missing something? When I run out of my many camouflages why would I want to purchase anymore?

I do love this game but I don't see changes with these camos and signals as in any way making this game simpler.
I am getting used to our new torpedoes. I am primarily a BB on the American and British lines. Right now I am running like hell
when I hear a ping. (but that is my problem).  Am I just finding it difficult to adapt because I am in old goat?  I'm not sure that
the problem resides with me.

No, you're on the ball. 

The question is, if the cammos no longer provide a bonus why would you use them up? Might as well sell them for a quick credit injection. 

• Thanks 1

Members
630 posts
2 hours ago, Irelands_32 said:

Just browse/search this forum. Both topics have been discussed at great length, so surely you'll find answers there.

• Thanks 1