Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

When can we breakdown larger bonuses to smaller, when the update drops or later?

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

511
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
893 posts
19,035 battles

The original Blog post stated "

Exchange of "big" bonuses into "small" ones

During the conversion process, we're trying to give more big bonuses, even though it may reduce the total number of them on the account compared to the number of signals and camouflages. However, if you prefer to use smaller bonuses more often instead of big bonuses, you will be able to exchange big bonuses for smaller ones in the Inventory for some time after the change is released.

The just released Guide states "If you want to use smaller bonuses more often than larger ones, in a few game updates, you will be able to exchange them in the Inventory."

It seems to me the original intent was to allow you to break down those large bonuses into smaller ones right after the upgrade launch and for some time after.

Now I don't know if this is a semantics issue, but it appears they are withholding that ability for a number of patches before they release it.

My only thought (hope I'm wrong) is that they want you to use up the bigger bonuses before you can break them into smaller ones so you use them up faster and have less, if any, to break down.

Thoughts?

Edited by Willy55_1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
893 posts
19,035 battles
25 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

You can break larger Bonuses into smaller Bonuses in the Inventory screen. 

This is mentioned in the recent article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/exterior-visuals-and-economic-bonuses/

image.png

image.png

Thanks for the response. However, I believe the title may have misled you to the intent of the post. When can it be done? Right away, as the original Blog post infers, or later, X number of updates down the road as the Guides states?

Edited by Willy55_1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,799
[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,411 battles
2 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Thanks for the response. However, I believe you missed the point of the post. I didn't ask where it can be done, but when. WHEN? When can it be done? Right away, as the original Blog post infers, or later, X number of updates down the road as the Guides states? Simple question. Needs a simple answer. WHEN?

To be fair you said WHY CAN'T WE you didn't ask WHEN CAN WE.

As far as when I believe it is as soon as the update drops. It will be done through inventory but based on info given in the past by @Ahskance be advised there is a time limit window we can do so in. At some point I guess we won't be able to break them up any longer.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
893 posts
19,035 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

To be fair you said WHY CAN'T WE you didn't ask WHEN CAN WE.

Thank you, Admiral, always there to straighten me out. Do you see why I am confused as to when by what the Guide says?

Edited by Willy55_1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,657 posts

and is this temporary or permanent.... the first post seems to suggest it maybe only temporary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
893 posts
19,035 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

and is this temporary or permanent.... the first post seems to suggest it maybe only temporary

I believe it will be for a fixed length of time, not open-ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[JOV-]
Members
89 posts

So why can't a player go the other way if they want to?  Combine smaller ones into a larger one?

The player should have the option to go either way they choose at their own discretion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,657 posts
32 minutes ago, RedGreen_1 said:

So why can't a player go the other way if they want to?  Combine smaller ones into a larger one?

The player should have the option to go either way they choose at their own discretion.

if you have seen the way wg does it in legends to combine small into large you won't like it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,799
[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,411 battles
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Thank you, Admiral, always there to straighten me out. Do you see why I am confused as to when by what the Guide says?

Absolutely. It is ALL extremely confusing.

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

and is this temporary or permanent.... the first post seems to suggest it maybe only temporary

 

1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

I believe it will be for a fixed length of time, not open-ended.

@Ahskance indicated in one of his posts on this that we will only have a short period of time, a window of opportunity so to speak, to break the boosts up once the update drops the last I had seen. I don't believe it is something we will always be able to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,094
[WG]
Administrator
5,817 posts
16,008 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

@Ahskance indicated in one of his posts on this that we will only have a short period of time, a window of opportunity so to speak, to break the boosts up once the update drops the last I had seen. I don't believe it is something we will always be able to do. 

It was described to me that the option will be available for something like a few Updates or so.  If it's very popular/highly useful for players, it might be left in on a longer/permanent basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,799
[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,411 battles
1 hour ago, RedGreen_1 said:

So why can't a player go the other way if they want to?  Combine smaller ones into a larger one?

The player should have the option to go either way they choose at their own discretion.

Because that benefits the players not WG and for all their talk of doing this to benefit players it is really to benefit them (IMHO). :Smile_hiding:

This is being done under the guise and smoke screen of a QOL improvement for the players. What it really is going to be is a benefit to WG as it will increase grinds and increase revenue for them through boost purchases. 

IF this was just a QOL thing separating camo visuals did not require all this other falderal that is going along with it and a total revamp of the economy. It isn't for us!

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,799
[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,411 battles
3 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

It was described to me that the option will be available for something like a few Updates or so.  If it's very popular/highly useful for players, it might be left in on a longer/permanent basis.

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[JOV-]
Members
89 posts
38 minutes ago, SKurj said:

if you have seen the way wg does it in legends to combine small into large you won't like it...

I am sure the pros and cons are legion in number.  The risk taken is all on the player. The player is free to choose between do or do not take the risk.

Edited by RedGreen_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
808
[DENTD]
Beta Testers
2,365 posts
36,463 battles
45 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

It was described to me that the option will be available for something like a few Updates or so.  If it's very popular/highly useful for players, it might be left in on a longer/permanent basis.

Whether it's popular or not why would even one minute of programming be spent to change it?   Just leave it as is for those many or few that want to use it rather than waste programming time.  I would think that would be a win/win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,493 posts
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

Whether it's popular or not why would even one minute of programming be spent to change it?   Just leave it as is for those many or few that want to use it rather than waste programming time.  I would think that would be a win/win.

because if they remove it after week or so can then bring back and make it a service that cost gold   :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
893 posts
19,035 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Because that benefits the players not WG and for all their talk of doing this to benefit players it is really to benefit them (IMHO). :Smile_hiding:

This is being done under the guise and smoke screen of a QOL improvement for the players. What it really is going to be is a benefit to WG as it will increase grinds and increase revenue for them through boost purchases. 

IF this was just a QOL thing separating camo visuals did not require all this other falderal that is going along with it and a total revamp of the economy. It isn't for us!

Here, here! Well said. My separate post on demounting was in the same vein. The calculator does NOT take into account mounted signals and camos. Only by demounting them and running the calculator again will you have a result that you can benchmark to what you actually receive. Otherwise, the calculator is meaningless.

Edited by Willy55_1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,447
[WOLFC]
Members
5,627 posts
15,765 battles

I seem to recall there being a huge PR fiasco that started simmering about this time last year, and one of the outcomes of that was WG promising to improve the quality of communication with the playerbase. 

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[D-PN]
Members
3,540 posts
16,638 battles

Not sure why you would want to break up large bonuses.  They are become more scarce and the Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be the ones that can still be obtained with regularity. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,447
[WOLFC]
Members
5,627 posts
15,765 battles
On 7/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, Ahskance said:

It was described to me that the option will be available for something like a few Updates or so. 

That’s not what the article you screen capped actually says, though. Which is where the confusion expressed in the OP is coming from:

“If you want to use smaller bonuses more often than larger ones, in a few game updates, you will be able to exchange them in the Inventory."

As written, this states that the option to exchange is not available yet, but will be available in a few updates.

What it should say is:

If you want to use smaller bonuses more often than larger ones, for a few game updates, you will be able to exchange them in the Inventory."

Or, alternatively:

“If you want to use smaller bonuses more often than larger ones, in the next few game updates, you will be able to exchange them in the Inventory."

That one incorrect word fundamentally changes the meaning of the sentence.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[ERK]
Members
706 posts
13,040 battles
7 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Not sure why you would want to break up large bonuses.  They are become more scarce and the Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be the ones that can still be obtained with regularity. 

 

 

I did it to avoid running into situations where I slap on mega bonuses, and then proceed to have an absolutely abysmal game (all too frequently...).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,040
[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts
24 minutes ago, Superczar said:

I did it to avoid running into situations where I slap on mega bonuses, and then proceed to have an absolutely abysmal game (all too frequently...).

I actually broke up my (only 2 or 300) tier 4 bonuses down to 3s, for two reasons:

1) for what you said

2) so I can easily track to see if we actually start getting any Tier4 bonuses anywhere, and if so, when.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,063
[CAAT]
Members
5,381 posts
7,273 battles
On 7/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, RedGreen_1 said:

So why can't a player go the other way if they want to?  Combine smaller ones into a larger one?

This! That would be super amazing! ~-~°(◠.◠)°v~-~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,657 posts
1 hour ago, Superczar said:

I did it to avoid running into situations where I slap on mega bonuses, and then proceed to have an absolutely abysmal game (all too frequently...).

i am going to do some splits as well, especially credits, though i may split the T2's into T1's.. that way its a more consistent bonus... for those times you load up and get a dud...  i may save the 3's and 4's for ops or somethin.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×