You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Panzerjager72

What tier 10 should I grab with coal and my coupon?

14 comments in this topic

[DOTD]
Members
251 posts
10,515 battles

Here are my choices:

Black

Neustrashimy

Napoli

Yoshino

Moskva

Salem

Forrest Sherman

I'm also about 2k steel short for a steel ship which I have none of.

Edited by Panzerjager72

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles

Of all the ships listed, Napoli would be my suggestion. She’s unique, viable in most game modes, and also a lot of fun to play.

That being said, I would hold on to your coupon for a few more months. The coupon refreshes in December, and ships are usually removed from the armory with 2-3 months of notice. Using your coupon now might put you in the position of not having enough coal to pick up another ship, still desirable if not your first choice, before it is removed from availability.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
4,127 posts
22,619 battles

All depends what you like to play.  ( Most ) Everyone is going to say just that.

DD-BB-CL-CA etc.

I would never use that rare Coupon on a Coal ship. It's too easy to get.

I use it only on STEEL ships.

JMHO

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 3

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,790 posts
22,859 battles
45 minutes ago, Panzerjager72 said:

Here are my choices:

Black

Neustrashimy

Napoli

Yoshino

Moskva

Salem

Forrest Sherman

I'm also about 2k steel short for a steel ship which I have none of.

As @Col_Nasty suggested, keep your Coupon for a Steel gal.  It also depends on what you have and don't have, play style and all that.  But solely off the list you have provided, I'd point you to Napoli as well.  She's a solid choice, with secondaries that will absolutely WRECK DD's (they are SAP).  One of the very few Italian Gals that will DAMAGE things with secondaries, rather than HEAL... :Smile_hiding:

Beta Testers
822 posts
11,193 battles

I agree with everyone else advising that you hold your coupon for a steel ship.

I have all the ships in that list except for Black. They are all decent but I would recommend either Napoli or Salem. Of the two I would lean toward Napoli since there is nothing like her in the tech tree whereas the Des Moines is similar enough to a Salem.

[RLGN]
Members
18,669 posts
33,718 battles

Coupons just reset?

Oh well, guess I missed out using the last batch. :fish_sleep:

Members
3 posts

Napoli - more diverse gameplay and unique.  That F Sherman kills me a lot but doesn't look fun to play at all to me.

Other than Black, the rest on that list have better tech tree options per me.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,211 posts
15,069 battles

I play mostly BB dont like CA to much but I got the Napoli and she is fun to play , pretty tanky , and love the secondaries .

I also agree with crowd dont use the coupon on coal ships .

[DOTD]
Members
251 posts
10,515 battles

I can get some of the lesser priced steel ships. I have 0 steel ships. I was thinking of the Mecklenburg, Austin or Shikishima. I'm 2000 steel short to get any of those. I like DDs but I don't care for ones without torpedoes. 

Members
3 posts
21 minutes ago, Panzerjager72 said:

I can get some of the lesser priced steel ships. I have 0 steel ships. I was thinking of the Mecklenburg, Austin or Shikishima. I'm 2000 steel short to get any of those. I like DDs but I don't care for ones without torpedoes. 

Isn't Satsuma just a better Shikishima?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,667 posts

i recently got moskva and not dissatisfied at all!

but... get something that you will play...   i don't play dd's so wouldn't even consider..

as for steel... yeah i'll have enough for a ship about the same time I retire I wager...  that's not before 2032...

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
1 hour ago, Lauren_11_2015 said:

Isn't Satsuma just a better Shikishima?

About the only thing they have in commmon is that they both have the same size guns.

Shikishima has a 27s relaod on her 6 510mm guns vs. Satsuma's 35s reload on her 8. Shikishima has dispersion that is better than the IJN BB standard (and better than UU Yamato), while Satsuma has her "supership" gimmick.

Shikishima has longer range secondaries and her 100mm guns dont have a gimpled rate of fire vs. Satsuma's 203mm meme secondaries (for what secondaries are worth on a Yamato-class hull).

Shikishima has better AA. She has much better mid and long range AA, plus more flak. Satsuma has more short range dps, but that is the least valuable type of AA.

But the logic doesnt pan out anyways: Shikishima is tier X, while Satsuma is tier XI. One should expect Satsuma to be more powerful than Shikashima based on that alone. She should be compared against other tier X BBs.

Edited by Nevermore135

[JOV-]
Members
89 posts

Any one of those is good choice.  

go with the class of ship you like playing the most is best suggestion i can give.  Or go with something different for those times you want to take break from that class.

The choice is all yours.

Edited by RedGreen_1

[O_O]
Members
7,677 posts
20,727 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I would never use that rare Coupon on a Coal ship. It's too easy to get.

While mostly true, for some of us steel is so hard to get that I can't use all of my resources coupons for steel ships alone.  Because I don't spend money to access the steel missions and don't play Ranked or Clan Battles, I can't acquire enough steel in 6 months, even with a coupon, to get another steel ship (if my steel reserves were depleted, which they currently are not).