Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

WG Is That Hard To Produce More Than 1 Tier 3 To 6 Premium Consecutively

59 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles

Here we go again

Contrary to established lore I don't wake up every morning wondering what WG bashing I can post about.

So I will start on a positive note.

Played on Faroe Island map first time the other day, it looks great, even won on it in random, so great work WG.

Looking forward to the British BattleCruisers particularly " The Jutland  " ones.

So anyway this morning get on the forum find a new DEV Blog, 3 more high Tier ships , just marvellous.

Yes I'm certain there will be a great many players drooling over these high tier ships.

And WG will be rubbing there hands together as the cash flows in.

I have many high Tier ships i would love to play in random but I'm done with playing in high Tier random mode because half the players with these ships don't know Bow from Stern and the curbstompings whether dishing them out or receiving them has become mind numbing boredom, as mentioned in a earlier post not long ago.

Honest question WG how hard is it for you produce a Tier 3 to 6 premium say two releases in a row ?

In fact when was the last Low to Mid tier release, I cant remember, was HMS Repulse a Tier 6 or 7 , I am not in game to check.

So what did we get 

Some USN Cruiser Valhalla or something ( don't care what its real name is ) 

YAY a Greek ship oh high Tier :Smile_sad: Tier 9 Fletcher :Smile_facepalm:

Some paper British Aircraft Carrier when you could have designed HMAS Sydney which could have been the first commonwealth CV in game but NO that wont happen.

Speaking of all things Commonwealth you have decided to the PR dockyard again for those new to the game and also to fix a mistake from the the last PR event fine , great , wonderful.

What about a Commonwealth Dockyard event say from Australia or even New Zealand which could include a new Commonwealth port or how about just a new Commonwealth Port even !!!!!!!.

Good lord Pan Asia got  a port full of ships from a alternative Earth time line before The Commonwealth did !!! even Pan America has no port and it did get a dock yard.

One last rant so the pitchforks can come out for this post.

Hey Everyone! WoWs is about to Go Live on Twitch... : r/WorldOfWarships

S-189 submarine appears on the face of it that this maybe the first Premium to release, is this a joke !

USN and or KMS Submarine history is second to none, so lets be real here even The British, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch and Polish Submarine service's have more history. 

Your putting all that before on a Sub with no combat history first. 

Astonishing

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,342 posts
3,022 battles

The dont sell as well. Higher tier premium sell better, so WG is going to pump out as many high tier premiums as they can.

• Cool 3

[ZZZZ]
Members
224 posts
10,402 battles
26 minutes ago, tm63au said:

In fact when was the last Low to Mid tier release, I cant remember, was HMS Repulse a Tier 6

Technically it was AL Avrora at the end of May. If you don't count that then Canarias & Dido in February. (Other T6s released within the last year are: Novorossiysk, Repulse, Bearn,  & Karl von Schönberg.) T5 Rio De Janeiro is in development.

Edited by Iceland_260

[ZZZZ]
Members
224 posts
10,402 battles
24 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Honest question WG how hard is it for you produce a Tier 3 to 6 premium say two releases in a row ?

T3-4 premiums aren't really a thing anymore. Apart from two special circumstances clones (AL Avrora & Almirante Abreu) the last was Dreadnought in 2018. WG has actively discouraged people from even playing these tiers.

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
16 minutes ago, Iceland_260 said:

Technically it was AL Avrora at the end of May. If you don't count that then Canarias & Dido in February. (Other T6s released within the last year are: Novorossiysk, Repulse, Bearn,  & Karl von Schönberg.) T5 Rio De Janeiro is in development.

When was the last time you read a DEV blog with a list of Tier 4,5 or 6 ships in it, you don't its always a BLOG announcing anywhere from 3 to 5 new high tier ships and maybe 1 mid tier.

Look at the last 3 at least blogs on new ships being tested, and i am not including tech tree lines.    

• Boring 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

When was the last time you read a DEV blog with a list of Tier 4,5 or 6 ships in it, you don't its always a BLOG announcing anywhere from 3 to 5 new high tier ships and maybe 1 mid tier.

Look at the last 3 at least blogs on new ships being tested, and i am not including tech tree lines.    

May 5th, 2022 included a premium Tier V Pan-American BB:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/325

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

May 5th, 2022 included a premium Tier V Pan-American BB:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/325

What I said when was the last time there was a BLOG with multiple of 4.5 and 6 ships " NOT" including tech trees

" and i am not including tech tree lines. " 

This ^^^^^ from previous post

regards

• Boring 3

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
30 minutes ago, tm63au said:

What I said when was the last time there was a BLOG with multiple of 4.5 and 6 ships " NOT" including tech trees

regards

Then that would likely be when Canarias and Dido were announced.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
31 minutes ago, tm63au said:

regards

Is there a reason you specifically want non-freely earnable ships at those lower tiers?

• Meh 2

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
25 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Is there a reason you specifically want non-freely earnable ships at those lower tiers?

Call me a traditionalist

Prefer ships from before WWI through till WWII that had combat service.

Most high tier ships but NOT all WG  designed never left design sheets and never got there hulls wet from sea water.

Sick to death of gimmicks including radar, torpedo boosters etc etc etc because WG cant make said ship playable so throw any gadget they can on said ship to dazzle players and blind them.

You got a new Greek ship from 1959 that could possibly be facing a Hipper in battle launched in 1939, notice the dates.

There are hundreds in not thousands of ships from the early 1900's to 1945 to choose from and from nations not yet in game but we get the same old recycled and or sold to other nations high tier paper ships over and over and over.

How many Fletcher 's are WG going to release.

I would write down more of my views but I have to go to work.

regards

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

Members
3,038 posts
2,869 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

In fact when was the last Low to Mid tier release, I cant remember, was HMS Repulse a Tier 6 or 7 , I am not in game to check.

Actually, there's an Azur Lane ship at Tier 3 that just got released, it's a clone of Aurora so that might not count but I say it does. 

13 minutes ago, tm63au said:

You got a new Greek ship from 1959 that could possibly be facing a Hipper in battle launched in 1939, notice the dates.

A Hipper launched in 1939 got sunk by a fort using weapons made by a country that no longer existed. Do the dates really matter?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ZZZZ]
Members
224 posts
10,402 battles
26 minutes ago, tm63au said:

There are hundreds in not thousands of ships from the early 1900's to 1945 to choose from.

I'm relatively confident you can't get to thousands of real ships left to add without double dipping on the same class. (A couple of hundred sure, thousands no.)

Members
161 posts
3,432 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

A Hipper launched in 1939 got sunk by a fort using weapons made by a country that no longer existed. Do the dates really matter?

Land-based torpedoes confirmed!

[DAKK]
Members
754 posts
17,182 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

And that matters how?

Go looking around the smaller modern-day navies. You'll see plenty of old ships in service. Eg, Taiwan is still actively using a pair of Tench and Balao class subs, and they've actively retrofitted one of them to last until 2026. Hypothetical war breaks out tomorrow, those submarines (from 1945/46) could be fighting China's brand new carrier which launched three weeks ago. 

If you start to really break into the dates of all the ships in the game, you'll notice all kinds of oddities. Did you know that both the Somers (T10) and Benham (T9) classes predate the Sims (T7) class? How about the fact that most (if not all) of the T1 ships are gunboats designed/built in the 1940's, which then lead into cruisers from the early 1900's? Ultimately, dates really aren't relevant where ship tier is concerned.

[PLONK]
[PLONK]
Members
73 posts
6,390 battles
4 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

T3-4 premiums aren't really a thing anymore. Apart from two special circumstances clones (AL Avrora & Almirante Abreu) the last was Dreadnought in 2018. WG has actively discouraged people from even playing these tiers. 

they need to make more  low tier premiums and  that  happen to come out  with a Tier 3-4  brawl or ranked/special mode season ....(hmmm, JUTLAND 24 humanz vs 36 bots?)    and it will sell like candy coated "recreational pharmaceuticals".       if you make low tiers great again ....  then people will want to buy the new hotness in the consecutive bundles...(we all know they'd do it)

there is quite a catalog of  ww1and  just prior  warships from  so many nations  not currently represented in WOWS (Ottoman Empire) .   plus it will be free of subs and CV for those who have an issue playing in matches vs them .

maybe do a low tier brawl each patch.  maybe try  alternative formats like  3 v 3 v 3 (rogue wave like)    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
25 posts
10,057 battles

The Greek “DD from 19589” is actually EX USS Charrette (DD 581),  built by Boston Navy Yard and commissioned in 1943. So the suggestion that it couldn’t have faced off against a Hipper is a bit silly. Granted that the Greeks made some updates when they got it but it’s still a Fletcher. 

• Cool 3

[KIVA]
Members
565 posts
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Better question: is there any reason not to want premiums of historically-significant warships, even if they'd have to be placed at low tiers? There are plenty of them- lots of history buffs play this game, and would love to have them in their ports regardless of what their in-game stats and performance would be. Just off the top of my head:

Canopus, Scharnhorst (Adm. von Spee's flagship, that is- the other Scharnhorst), Seydlitz, Schliesen, Schleswig-Holstein, Potemkin, Borodino, Nisshin, Edsall, Reuben James, Ward, Georgios Averof, Olympia... and, hey, you can even still visit those last two! The pride of the Greek Navy, and the ship that put the US on the map as a world power. As important to their respective nations as the Aurora or Mikasa are to theirs, surely? Worthy of the art department's time, definitely- museum ships are guaranteed sales; WG knows that well by now (especially since they've just announced another one, the Velos, over other far more storied sister ships). Even low tier museum ships would easily make back many times the cost of development. Some of these ships are practically licenses to print money, they're so famous- they've had songs and movies dedicated to them!

Not enough reason for WG to invest the effort? Three of the other ships I mentioned are already modeled in game- the Edsall and Reuben James were Clemson-class DDs, and the Ward was a Wickes-class. All they'd need are skins.

USS_Olympia_small.jpg

Georgios_Averof_small.jpg

• Cool 4

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
5 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Actually, there's an Azur Lane ship at Tier 3 that just got released, it's a clone of Aurora so that might not count but I say it does. 

KMS Hipper sunk by Norwegian fort ? try KMS Blucher 

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
2 hours ago, hurselbrian said:

The Greek “DD from 19589” is actually EX USS Charrette (DD 581),  built by Boston Navy Yard and commissioned in 1943. So the suggestion that it couldn’t have faced off against a Hipper is a bit silly. Granted that the Greeks made some updates when they got it but it’s still a Fletcher. 

You really think WG are going to the ship its1940's stats, no it will have1959 stats and its a Tier 9 which matches Tier 8's in the 8 to 10 MM bracket.  

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
3 hours ago, Tread_Head57 said:

Land-based torpedoes confirmed!

:Smile_teethhappy: actually does not sound that bad for a Operations mode scenario, however the ship he is referring to is KMS Blucher, KMS Hipper was sunk in port in 1945 by Bombers.

Admiral_Hipper_cruiser_in_dry_dock_Kiel_1945.jpg

Edited by tm63au

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
3 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

And that matters how?

Go looking around the smaller modern-day navies. You'll see plenty of old ships in service. Eg, Taiwan is still actively using a pair of Tench and Balao class subs, and they've actively retrofitted one of them to last until 2026. Hypothetical war breaks out tomorrow, those submarines (from 1945/46) could be fighting China's brand new carrier which launched three weeks ago. 

If you start to really break into the dates of all the ships in the game, you'll notice all kinds of oddities. Did you know that both the Somers (T10) and Benham (T9) classes predate the Sims (T7) class? How about the fact that most (if not all) of the T1 ships are gunboats designed/built in the 1940's, which then lead into cruisers from the early 1900's? Ultimately, dates really aren't relevant where ship tier is concerned.

This is my excoct point  a1939 cruiser against a modern refitted 1959 DD, you think that's fair  a 20 year age and technology gap game wise ?

• Meh 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,636 posts
20,653 battles
7 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Historical ships for one. 

Plus having some T6 (ot a few T7) ships for use in Ops. USN needs a T6 Premium/Special cruiser. Plenty historic ships to pick from. Many have been suggested here in the past. 

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

KMS Hipper sunk by Norwegian fort ? try KMS Blucher 

He said A Hipper. A Hipper-class cruiser. Which Blucher was. He was correct.

8 hours ago, tm63au said:

a new Greek ship from 1959

It's a Fletcher-class DD built during the war.

• Thanks 1

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,468 posts
15,238 battles
11 hours ago, tm63au said:

In all fairness, at least175 of them were made.  Many got solid historical reputations and make for fun additions to the game.

Agincourt is one of my favorite low-tier Premiums, for sure.  I also enjoy Mikasa and K. Albert :Smile_honoring:

But I take your point.  The lack of modification choices at low tier also means that low-tier premiums inherently have fewer customizable options.  Even tier 4's only get 2 slots for modifications.  No radar, no hydro, no DFAA... all these things mean that low-tier ships tend to play more or less the same - which is a GOOD thing when the low tiers are intended to introduce you to and familiarize you with the mechanics of the game.

But we will add it to our feedback:  MOAR LOW TIER PREMIUMS!!  :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
1 hour ago, Boggzy said:

But we will add it to our feedback:  MOAR LOW TIER PREMIUMS!! 

Not to mention moving the daily chain and directive bars downwards - especially for those times you're going to allow Tier 4 in brawls. If you're going to let them play the big boy game, IMHO they need to be eligible for big boy rewards.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this