You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toasterhunter

Improper reporting and appealing fines

18 comments in this topic

[LNAUT]
Members
10 posts
3,359 battles

Lately I have noticed that after I fought tooth and nail in a battle someone with a chip on his shoulder reports me for no reason other than he doesn't like my ship. The last time I even used my carrier to ram a battleship to aid in the battle. Can someone tell me how my sacrifice is unsporting or afk?  This kind of behavior is the very thing hurting the game.

Edited by Toasterhunter
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
1,073 posts
17,494 battles

Are you talking about an in-game reporting (that just reduces your karma) or a report to customer service that actually comes with a sanction? For the latter you should create a customer support ticket to inquire about and - if applicable - appeal any sanctions. For the former there is no remedy, players assign positive or negative karma, as they please.

[AAA]
Members
253 posts
13,829 battles

You answered your own question: "someone with a chip on his shoulder"

Solution: stop caring.

As to your title, what fines are there? IME WG does not impose bans/fines unless there is actual evidence of abuse.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
569 posts
1,684 battles
16 minutes ago, Toasterhunter said:

The last time I even used my carrier to ram a battleship to aid in the battl

Did you survive? 

If not they are probably annoyed that you deliberately took away any aircover/airstrikes.

How did the BB get that close to you? 

[DDG65]
Beta Testers
722 posts
1 hour ago, Toasterhunter said:

Lately I have noticed that after I fought tooth and nail in a battle someone with a chip on his shoulder reports me for no reason other than he doesn't like my ship. The last time I even used my carrier to ram a battleship to aid in the battle. Can someone tell me how my sacrifice is unsporting or afk?  This kind of behavior is the very thing hurting the game.

More and more it seems there is always at least one jerk on the team. Even more these days if you have nerve and gall to play a CV or even worse, a SUB! Sometimes it is not for the ship but for not doing something THIER way. 

Seems like the community gets more and more toxic every week. And I mean World of Tanks level toxic. It was not always like that...:Smile_sad:

Hell I got reported after battle [Aegis] where what seemed like every time I aimed at a ship it blew up before I could shoot! Lost track of how many times that happened in that battle lol. But for some reason somebody felt that they HAD to report me. As far I could tell I did nothing wrong, I supported my teammates, got what shots & damage to the enemy as much as possible, did everything that could be done to help win the battle. 

There just is no pleasing some people no matter what you do. 

"There is always one isn't there?"  -  Life of Brian.

By fines you mean the AFK penalty of zero XP and zero Credits?   Yep been hit with that too as if the power outage or internet failure was somehow my fault lol.

Just ignore those types and just keep on truckin' 

• Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,967 posts
25,828 battles
2 hours ago, Toasterhunter said:

Stop ruining people’s fun by playing cv and you’ll get reported less.

or keep playing cv and keep getting reported every match

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[P0D]
[P0D]
Members
81 posts
7,027 battles
50 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

lol nothing wrong with playing CV if doing your job right if he was ramming a  battleship he was prob on the cap which is useless to the team ive had good karma in rounds for spotting the whole enemy team and taking a few down but not half way up the map not my job to do 

• Sad 1

[DDG65]
Beta Testers
722 posts
54 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

If anything is "ruining" the game it is the toxic attitude YOU are showing right here.

• Cool 7
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[QADD]
[QADD]
Beta Testers
390 posts
14,562 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I think you have confused people’s fun with Your fun.  

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[P_P]
Members
497 posts
7 hours ago, Toasterhunter said:

haha don't let it bug you, Karma doesn't mean anything, or do anything.

I play all ship types and i get reported in all of them. And even sometimes complimented!

Someone doesn't like being hit by torps... Reported!.  someone doesn't like being rained on by HE.. Reported!. someone doesn't like being deleted off the map.. reported. Someone yolo's and doesn't like that you didn't yolo with them.. Reported! Someone doesn't like your ship type.. Reported!

It honestly means nothing..

Edited by Retarie

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,341 posts
19,460 battles
56 minutes ago, SirFaffer said:

which is exactly the attitude that should be reported.

• Cool 1

Members
6,728 posts
14,086 battles
On 7/7/2022 at 3:33 AM, monpetitloup said:

Or people need to stop being jerks for what ship is being played. 

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Members
6,728 posts
14,086 battles

OP - it is a -1 to Karma and you can't go to a negative number and there are no "fines".  Online games are rife with asses - don't let them get to you and you take away their "fun".

[LNAUT]
Members
10 posts
3,359 battles
22 hours ago, cammaj said:

Did you survive? 

If not they are probably annoyed that you deliberately took away any aircover/airstrikes.

How did the BB get that close to you? 

No I didn't but I was the last player the other three ships on our side was bots. So I couldn't take anything away from another player. And plane torps are not as damaging as DD torps.

20 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

So you like reporting people for not playing the game the way you want.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[MHG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
162 posts
8,167 battles

Playing CV is a quick way to lose all your karma no matter how good or bad you play. 

• Cool 2

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
On 7/8/2022 at 12:13 AM, CorryBasler said:

Playing CV is a quick way to lose all your karma no matter how good or bad you play. 

CV Karma is like Goldilocks.

If you're too good, the red team CV haters will karma you.

If you're too poor, the green team (CV haters or not) will karma you.

If you're just good enough to contribute to a win, but not good enough to piss off the reds, that's the plus Karma zone.

I'm not a CV unicum, but I give a good game in most cases...and get a good bit of plus karma when running CVs.