You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

PTS: Are all mounted signals remounted by default in the next patch?

21 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
1,073 posts
17,494 battles

I noticed on the PTS that there is no option anymore to choose, whether to remount the currently mounted signals or not:

image.thumb.png.99a7e540b5bb58f7783bef6511057641.png

During my test those mounted signals were remounted again after the battle.

@Ahskance is this the way it is going to be on the live server in the next patch?

If so, that would be a change for the worse, since I found the ability to choose whether my signals are just a one-time choice very vaulable.

Edited by tangofan

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
44 minutes ago, tangofan said:

I noticed on the PTS that there is no option anymore to choose, whether to remount the currently mounted signals or not:

@Ahskance is this the way it is going to be on the live server in the next patch?

If so, that would be a change for the worse, since I found the ability to choose whether my signals are just a one-time choice very vaulable.

They will be an On/Off selection.  When equipped they will stayed equipped until unselected from the Equipment tab.

• Cool 2

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
1,073 posts
17,494 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

They will be an On/Off selection.  When equipped they will stayed equipped until unselected from the Equipment tab.

I'm not sure I understand. Since you wrote "when equipped they will stay equipped...", what does the on/off selection do?

[GLF]
Members
85 posts
30,944 battles

The option to demount is in the equipment tab rather than the exterior tab.

System is still fairly easy to use.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts

i.e. on PTS, the non-economic signals are in the Equipment tab.

You select them there, on or off.  

That set returns for the next battle, unless you change the on/off status of the signal or signals.

Since these are all 'gameplay' signals, not economic, if you run out of signals, they just stop showing for the next battle, since afaik, there is no 'doubloon cost' for these flags, unless it's been added and no one mentioned it.

( @Ahskance ? )

Before, at least, doubloon cost if signals were all used up was only on the economic signals, which no longer exist, as they are bundled into the new econ bonus stuff.

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

NSISOJT.jpg.5a18dfdf961be83483482424bf58a393.jpg

This:

6 hours ago, tangofan said:

refers to this:

209028155_SignalRemounting0_11.5.thumb.jpg.00e064240c99c6e6d096e47fc52478d3.jpg

This function applies to both economic and combat signals. Is it not true that this functionality is currently missing on the PTS - that we no longer have the option to choose if our signals automatically remount after battle or not? The OP is asking for confirmation that this feature is indeed being intentionally removed in 0.11.6 or if it is another oversight.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

Camos tab (remember, these are only decorative now), located under "exterior":

image.thumb.png.b929ea3f5da6765a513f6d6462978ac9.png 

On-off switch in the bottom right. (Camos requiring dub purchase are permacamos; there are no one-shots for doubloons any more.)

Combat signals, now under "equipment" tab:

image.png.53df4ca2b0a3823377778652a80ad494.png

There is a demount-all button, but as thing stand in the PTS, there is no option not to subsequently mount.

Hypothesis: it is assumed that you will be attentive enough to choose what you want to take for a particular battle, or that you will always want a specific signals combination for a particular ship. In other words, WG is assuming that you have a sense of responsibility and attention to detail.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that WG looked at their data for which combat signals were most or least often changed, and found that a majority of players settle on a desired combination and almost never change it. The global do-not-replenish option was more important when you were loading econ signals alongside the combat flags. Now they are separate things. I think WG is going to end up having to add an on-off switch here, if only to save the inattentive from themselves.

Econ bonuses (selected from the ribbon underneath the captain's position):

image.thumb.png.cba942bf7323bc056519524e6195db6b.png 

This is for my Paolo Emilio. The bonuses you see here are the base bonuses on the permacamo, and the selectable ones add on top of them if you so choose.

Auto-purchase is on the bottom right, and this will use doubloons to remount Tier 1 or 2 bonuses if you run out of them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 2

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
5 hours ago, tangofan said:

I'm not sure I understand. Since you wrote "when equipped they will stay equipped...", what does the on/off selection do?

Combat Signals will operate as though the "Auto-Resupply" in the current version is always on.  Once you equip a Combat Signal, it will equipped for each fight until you turn it off or you run out of them (in which case that Signal would turn off).

The new system won't have the option of a "One-Battle Use" sort of setup.  Signals will be similar to on-ship consumables like Hydro/DFAA in that you choose in the Equipment tab and that will remain your choice until you change it.  This will likely lead to players checking Equipment before going into Battle in the way folks check their Signals before Battle now.

4 hours ago, DDJohnston said:

i.e. on PTS, the non-economic signals are in the Equipment tab.

You select them there, on or off.  

That set returns for the next battle, unless you change the on/off status of the signal or signals.

Since these are all 'gameplay' signals, not economic, if you run out of signals, they just stop showing for the next battle, since afaik, there is no 'doubloon cost' for these flags, unless it's been added and no one mentioned it.

( @Ahskance ? )

Before, at least, doubloon cost if signals were all used up was only on the economic signals, which no longer exist, as they are bundled into the new econ bonus stuff.

This is a correct description.  Combat Signals can be purchased in the Armory, but "Auto-Resupply" doesn't purchase more if you run out. 

The new system doesn't have an optional "Auto-Resupply" function for Combat Signals.  They are either On or Off, and it doesn't change until you run out or change your Combat Signal choice(s).

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

This function applies to both economic and combat signals. Is it not true that this functionality is currently missing on the PTS - that we no longer have the option to choose if our signals automatically remount after battle or not? The OP is asking for confirmation that this feature is indeed being intentionally removed in 0.11.6 or if it is another oversight.

The new system removed "Auto-Resupply" and added "Auto-Purchase". 

• "Auto-Purchase" will be used for Expendable Camos and Expendable Bonuses.
  • "Auto-Resupply" is no longer in the game, but you can think of the Combat Signals section as having "Auto-Resupply" turned on all the time.

-

If the loss of this optional choice is a big concern, please make sure to give your feedback in the PTS Feedback thread: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/256666-pts-0116-pt-2/.  Those threads are directly converted into Feedback reports on PTS versions/systems and are the most effective place to leave thoughts.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles
6 hours ago, tangofan said:

In other words if you mount a bonus/signal for a battle, it will continue to stay mounted from every battle going forward unless you demount it.

Really is a terrible design unless you were wanting to drain players of resources/boosters. This has become a theme with Wargaming.  Hopefully the vocal majority of players who never post here or Reddit will give Wargaming some internal feedback to stop this from going forward. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[BTLST]
Members
959 posts
15,180 battles

I often used the auto-resupply option on certain ships while on others I did not.    I like the current system and can foresee the new system being a pain in the butt for me in many instances versus the current method.

• Thanks 1

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
228 posts
13,778 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Really is a terrible design unless you were wanting to drain players of resources/boosters. This has become a theme with Wargaming.

That is the whole goal with everything they take away. To get you to spend more money because why would you if you can get them in game. Next will be daily containers for free. You will have to buy them soon.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,435 posts
5,046 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that WG looked at their data for which combat signals were most or least often changed, and found that a majority of players settle on a desired combination and almost never change it. The global do-not-replenish option was more important when you were loading econ signals alongside the combat flags. Now they are separate things. I think WG is going to end up having to add an on-off switch here, if only to save the inattentive from themselves.

^^ This.

The Resupply function has long been a bone of contention.  We can live without out it.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
8,656 posts
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

If the loss of this optional choice is a big concern, please make sure to give your feedback in the PTS Feedback thread: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/256666-pts-0116-pt-2/.  Those threads are directly converted into Feedback reports on PTS versions/systems and are the most effective place to leave thoughts.

I'm not playing the PTS, but I still think the removal of the auto-resupply option is terrible.  I use this option regularly to make sure the bonuses are single use so I don't unknowingly use up my resources.  This would be an easy option to add, even if it's not uses by the majority of players.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm not playing the PTS, but I still think the removal of the auto-resupply option is terrible.  I use this option regularly to make sure the bonuses are single use so I don't unknowingly use up my resources.  This would be an easy option to add, even if it's not uses by the majority of players.

One has to wonder why WG didn’t just apply the simple solution if this was really about making things better/simpler for the players: retain the function but simply switch the default choice to “on.” All the players win in this situation: those that don’t like the current system that want to set it and forget are spared their one button click per ship per install, and those that want their signals to be one time use are spared having to go back to the equipment tab after every battle to remove the signals.

There is really no good reason that any game developer should make things less convenient and remove useful UI options in this manner. The only two advantages I can see to this setup are that WG might make a pittance in extra sales in combat signals from players using them when they don’t mean to and that it saves the programmers some work amid this rushed economic rework. I suspect the latter, given the manner in which WG also didn’t program exceptions for camos that could only be obtained via in-game events (and not the exterior tab) when assigning players their “first camo purchase in the exteriors tab” discount.

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
262 posts
8,499 battles
13 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:
3 hours ago, Ahskance said:

I think that Ahskance has provided the link so that those players (like me) who don't have time to play on the PTS can note our concern with the dev team.

• Boring 1

[BTLST]
Members
959 posts
15,180 battles

Tonight when I started to play I discovered that when I click on EXTERIOR I only am show Signals and Flags.    Camouflages is totally gone from being able to click on it nor can I find them elsewhere.    Anyone else having this issue????

[WOLFG]
Members
1,452 posts

Thanks WG.  Can't wait to see how many flags I lose in CoOP battles (where I never, ever put a flag on) when I switch from Randoms (which I always use flags on).  Nice design concept.  It's just a watered down version of the gimmick they used to take your doubloons.  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
295 posts
135 battles
10 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm not playing the PTS, but I still think the removal of the auto-resupply option is terrible.  I use this option regularly to make sure the bonuses are single use so I don't unknowingly use up my resources This would be an easy option to add, even if it's not uses by the majority of players.

While I think I'll miss the auto--resupply option, on PTS,  Eco bonuses are shown in the regular port screen so I think it will actually  be easier to check what's applied compared to how it is currently

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
36,927 posts
29,993 battles

It sounds worse than the current system, and the current system was already dirty in trying to slowly bleed Doubloons out of you.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
8 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Thanks WG.  Can't wait to see how many flags I lose in CoOP battles (where I never, ever put a flag on) when I switch from Randoms (which I always use flags on).  Nice design concept.  It's just a watered down version of the gimmick they used to take your doubloons.  

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It sounds worse than the current system, and the current system was already dirty in trying to slowly bleed Doubloons out of you.

Nobody was taking anything from anyone who had attention to detail.

• Meh 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles
15 hours ago, dbw86 said:

Tonight when I started to play I discovered that when I click on EXTERIOR I only am show Signals and Flags.    Camouflages is totally gone from being able to click on it nor can I find them elsewhere.    Anyone else having this issue????

I forget where they put the camos but it isn't important because they are just eye candy only. No bonuses or buffs so you can safely ignore using them or buying them. The only place where their presence matters is in the Inventory screen where you can sell all the one use stuff. That was the extent of my curiosity with the change.