[ALL] USS Black Model Fix

7 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
473 posts

USS Black (DD-666)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.855f31a43ff46bf932883295438f6485.png

This mod mostly fixes the inaccuracies in the 3D model of USS Black (DD-666), where the most notable difference is the style of the superstructure being closer to USS Kidd (DD-661) rather than the lead ship of the class, USS Fletcher (DD-445). The AA layout was also slightly modified where the two forward Oerlikons were modeled to represent the dual Bofors that would have been historically in its place (please note that this does not affect AA performance in any way). The superstructure was taken from USS Kidd while the hull was from the recently updated Fletcher model. The default permacamo has also been modified to fit better with the ship model and fixes for the other permacamos available for ranked/clan tokens will be considered in the future.

Installation

1. Extract the .zip file provided in the download section below.

2. Copy the contents inside (namely the PnFModsLoader.py file and the content and the PnFMods folders) inside to the following directory: World_of_Warships\bin\<highest number>\res_mods

If you are not sure where to find the World_of_Warships directory:

You can find it in the WGC launcher here:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f5452745aeb4a09d9fbd8029d39c8628.png

Or for Steam users:

Spoiler

image.png.c418ee20949c72cb1824b3a83f78abf8.png

Download

Download Link [Google Drive]

Credit to @jupiter_astrofighter for helping a lot with putting the 3D model together.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[RSDWG]
Members
641 posts
14,381 battles

Just downloaded. Looks great.

Do you have anything else your working on? 

You know what else in flawed, the Enterprise CV 6 and Yorktown CV-5 ( when it's released ) both have the Hornets rounded front of the Island and bridge structure. They were different and also the CV- 5 and 6 have the later war directors on the Island. Only the Hornet had the late type of directors.

Keep up the good work,

Best regards,

rustydawg

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
473 posts
On 7/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, rustydawg said:

Do you have anything else your working on? 

Yes, I'm currently working on some modern ships mods as well such as Arleigh Burke and JS Hyuga which are nearing completion. I also plan to fix Renown's missing secondaries at some point.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, rustydawg said:

You know what else in flawed, the Enterprise CV 6 and Yorktown CV-5 ( when it's released ) both have the Hornets rounded front of the Island and bridge structure. They were different and also the CV- 5 and 6 have the later war directors on the Island. Only the Hornet had the late type of directors.

Interesting, I will certainly look into that and see what I can do.

• Cool 1

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
473 posts

image.thumb.png.31cc5404af3a2d15c48dc693adb2cb84.png

Please note that the gunner's shroud now appears on all the turrets instead of just the front and back ones for this update. There is no potential fix to this so far as they are generated by the game client. Will update once the issue is resolved.

Members
6 posts
1,494 battles
On 7/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, Admiral_Bingo said:

Interesting, I will certainly look into that and see what I can do.

If you were able to add Enterprise and Yorktown in 42' forms I'd die lol