Wraithunter

Which Coal ship should I go for next?

6 comments in this topic

[JR-B]
Beta Testers
118 posts
1,824 battles

Heya all, Commander Wraithunter here! So I have a dilemma where I am not sure what ship I want to go for next after I got the Kearsarge. I do love the Grosser Kurfurst, a ship I was originally going for down the German BB line before she was removed, I am happy to see she is still the same ship lol and frankly her secondary build is always a blast as well as her brawling. I only need like 50k coal for her (no coupon available). But then there is the Tulsa, a ship with a 5's reload, radar, and well like any US Cruiser, a pretty fun ship overall, most of the tier IX premiums that cost 228k coal, I would need 22k coal for any of them, Tulsa, Pommern, Marco Polo etc. I also like the Pommern as well so you know it's a bit rough to decide, a torpedo BB with great secondaries as well.

I also know there is that new Japanese Battleship coming soon, I assume the price will also be the same at 228k coal, so a part of me wants to wait until she comes out but another part of me is not sure. Then of course there is the Forest Sherman, which after looking at review videos about her, I have to admit I am starting to like her a bit more than I did originally, because of (old) Savage Battles, I actually enjoy DD's a lot more then I used to, so ships like the Forest Sherman interest me, I only need like 26k coal for her. 

However, getting coal in WOWS takes a very long time...just for the Kearsarge, that coal I was saving took a few years to save, though it wasn't originally for the Kearsarge, it was for the Georgia lol. So in a way I rather not buy something like the Grosser Kurfurst or Forest Sherman only to be disappointed if that makes sense. I mean..228-256k coal is a lot so I wouldn't mind some help in deciding. The thing is for me is that most of the ships on my account are BB's lol, so having the Grosser Kurfurst would be another BB addition, but another part of me feels like I should mix it up a bit and maybe get a cruiser like the Tulsa or a Destroyer like the Forest Sherman, but I'm just not sure. Any thoughts? I mean I know at the end of the day it's my choice but I'm always curious what the community thinks especially those who have said ships and know them a lot more than I do lol.

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,928 posts

Uss Black incoming next week maybe . That's another coal addition .

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,943 posts
21,023 battles

So you are a semi CV person? Not much too choose from from there.

[WPORT]
Members
17,913 posts
20,666 battles
5 hours ago, Wraithunter said:

Heya all, Commander Wraithunter here! So I have a dilemma where I am not sure what ship I want to go for next after I got the Kearsarge. I do love the Grosser Kurfurst, a ship I was originally going for down the German BB line before she was removed, I am happy to see she is still the same ship lol and frankly her secondary build is always a blast as well as her brawling. I only need like 50k coal for her (no coupon available). But then there is the Tulsa, a ship with a 5's reload, radar, and well like any US Cruiser, a pretty fun ship overall, most of the tier IX premiums that cost 228k coal, I would need 22k coal for any of them, Tulsa, Pommern, Marco Polo etc. I also like the Pommern as well so you know it's a bit rough to decide, a torpedo BB with great secondaries as well.

I also know there is that new Japanese Battleship coming soon, I assume the price will also be the same at 228k coal, so a part of me wants to wait until she comes out but another part of me is not sure. Then of course there is the Forest Sherman, which after looking at review videos about her, I have to admit I am starting to like her a bit more than I did originally, because of (old) Savage Battles, I actually enjoy DD's a lot more then I used to, so ships like the Forest Sherman interest me, I only need like 26k coal for her. 

However, getting coal in WOWS takes a very long time...just for the Kearsarge, that coal I was saving took a few years to save, though it wasn't originally for the Kearsarge, it was for the Georgia lol. So in a way I rather not buy something like the Grosser Kurfurst or Forest Sherman only to be disappointed if that makes sense. I mean..228-256k coal is a lot so I wouldn't mind some help in deciding. The thing is for me is that most of the ships on my account are BB's lol, so having the Grosser Kurfurst would be another BB addition, but another part of me feels like I should mix it up a bit and maybe get a cruiser like the Tulsa or a Destroyer like the Forest Sherman, but I'm just not sure. Any thoughts? I mean I know at the end of the day it's my choice but I'm always curious what the community thinks especially those who have said ships and know them a lot more than I do lol.

If you get a more agile and maneuverable ship, then you'll also be learning a different way of playing (compared to a BB with a large turning radius and slow rudder-shift).  :-)

I enjoy playing the Napoli, the Yoshino and the Neustrashimy.
Each has their virtues, vices and quirks.

The Kearsarge is on my "wish list" merely for "something different".  But, since I already have the Ise, I'm in no hurry.

The Pommern is also on my wish list.  But, again, I'm in no hurry because I already have the Scharnhorst-B, the Odin, the Agir and the Grosser Kurfurst in my Port.
(Also the German tech-tree line-split battleships offer a lot of fun without spending coal.  I just have to do the grind.)

The Neustrashimy is a competent torpedo-'bote and is equipped with a heal (repair party) consumable and a competitive detection radius.

The Napoli has lively & quick handling sailing qualities (with upgrade modules, I got mine down to a 6 second rudder shift).  Her secondary battery guns are above average among cruisers.
She also brings above average main-guns and some nice (torpedo) racks to the situation.

The Yoshino is a bigger cruiser than the Napoli.  She brings bigger guns, bigger torpedoes and a larger turning radius.  
Her main-guns and torpedoes have a greater range than the Napoli, too.  
Among these three ships, she's closer in play-style to the BB's that you seem to normally sail.  But, with cruiser armor, she can't "tank" as much as a BB.

If you want to simply HE spam your opponents, then, of course, consider a UN Navy cruiser or destroyer.  Personally, I prefer ships with other options.  But this is your coal we're talking about.  :-)

Members
1 post

Hey, this is my first time with the world of warships and I must say this experience is just incredible I really enjoy playing these battles. I am looking for  thesis writing services and more such kinds of amazing and fun activities. Keep sharing more stuff like this.

Edited by Kaleb6582