Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngelOfWarAndDeath

Ranked Battles one sided.

13 comments in this topic

Members
348 posts
5,273 battles

I have made it to Bronze Rank 1,only gotten as high as 3 stars and found myself going back to 2 then 1 stars and then zero...

I spent 9 days trying to get to silver and never even made if beyond 3 stars out of 6, Bronze Rank 1.

:/

Bismarck

Le Terrible

Amalfi

Vento

Hipper

Izumo

Kii

are the only ships I have for Ranked.

I think ranked needs some tier restriction to 8 only...alot of players can evenly make it better with 1 tier than 2...

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFX]
Members
569 posts
1,684 battles

Should just make it Tier IX then?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
5,875 posts
16,013 battles
39 minutes ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

I have made it to Bronze Rank 1,only gotten as high as 3 stars and found myself going back to 2 then 1 stars and then zero...

I spent 9 days trying to get to silver and never even made if beyond 3 stars out of 6, Bronze Rank 1.

It's not required to get all the way to Gold 1.  Players will tend to find a League that they enjoy and do well in and then stay there. 

Qualifiers like the Silver qualification you're in now is to allow you a chance to test the waters of the next League and see how it feels.  If Silver League is frustrating and results in a lot of blood sweat and tears for little headway, then there's not much to worry about!  The Ranked Sprint resets every 2 weeks during a season, so they're be more Ranked in the League you're enjoying after a short wait.

[O7]
Supertester
568 posts
15,217 battles

If you want a new ranked restriction, wait until next season. 

You can still be successful with T8 ships if you know how to use their strengths to their advantage. 

Finally, FdG is a decent ship for ranked when you grind through the Bismarck. 

[WOLFH]
Members
1,445 posts
17 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Qualifiers like the Silver qualification you're in now is to allow you a chance to test the waters of the next League and see how it feels.  If Silver League is frustrating and results in a lot of blood sweat and tears for little headway, then there's not much to worry about!  The Ranked Sprint resets every 2 weeks during a season, so they're be more Ranked in the League you're enjoying after a short wait.

No, qualifiers are not "a chance to test the waters" but a mandatory purgatory that players must endure until a Sprint reset.

[ERK]
Members
735 posts
13,177 battles
1 hour ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

Didn't spend nine days, but got stuck at a best of 3 out of 6 stars as well with some lopsided losses, eventually gave up, which kind of was deflating as I had a pretty good run through this sprint in Georgia, and didn't struggle too much to go from Rank 5 to Rank 1.

[SALVO]
Members
14,621 posts
9,334 battles
3 hours ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

2 hours ago, Bill1923 said:

No, qualifiers are not "a chance to test the waters" but a mandatory purgatory that players must endure until a Sprint reset.

1 hour ago, Superczar said:

but got stuck at a best of 3 out of 6 stars as well with some lopsided losses, eventually gave up, which kind of was deflating

Guys, you need to understand you'll be going against tougher opposition when you enter the next League. Player skill level is expected to be at least a bit higher at Silver and Gold, so you may become the weakest link on your teams so you'll likely be losing more than you did in Bronze.

[ERK]
Members
735 posts
13,177 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Guys, you need to understand you'll be going against tougher opposition when you enter the next League. Player skill level is expected to be at least a bit higher at Silver and Gold, so you may become the weakest link on your teams so you'll likely be losing more than you did in Bronze.

That feels like an unintended roundabout way of saying "you suck".  :Smile_trollface:

Probably not far off in my case though. :Smile-_tongue:

I feel like no matter what ship or what mode, lately I have been playing worse and worse... tonight in ranked I barely did anything of note in any game, and for awhile I was having some great matches...

[SALVO]
Members
14,621 posts
9,334 battles
1 minute ago, Superczar said:

That feels like an unintended roundabout way of saying "you suck".  :Smile_trollface:

Lol. I'm trying my best to be polite :Smile_teethhappy: 

4 minutes ago, Superczar said:

I feel like no matter what ship or what mode, lately I have been playing worse and worse... tonight in ranked I barely did anything of note in any game, and for awhile I was having some great matches...

Sometimes the game hates you, the RNG gods turn their backs on you, sometimes you are just tired or distracted and out of synch with the match, sometimes your ship selection and strategy doesn't work for the match setup, sometimes you step into a situation so hopeless there's nothing you can do about it. It happens to all of us at one point or another... It isn't just you in particular. The dark cloud will pass and you'll get your mojo back, don't worry.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,445 posts
On 6/30/2022 at 12:05 AM, ArIskandir said:

You may have missed that some players have no desire to move to a different League.

I have different types and numbers and ships at different Tiers, as is nearly certainly true for the majority of players.

During Ranked Seasons when Leagues played at different tiers, I sometimes wanted to stay in a League to be able to play a greater variety of ships rather than being forced to choose from a smaller number of ships in a different League and tier.

I have read no rational reason why players should be required to participate in "qualifiers" to "advance" to different Leagues.  If players like a particular type of play (PVP versus PVE, tier, Coop/Random/Ranked/Ops, type of ship, etc), leave them alone to enjoy that play rather than trying to force them to do something they do not want to do.

[MI-BR]
Members
210 posts
3,638 battles
On 6/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, Your_SAT_Score said:

You can still be successful with T8 ships if you know how to use their strengths to their advantage. 

True. I got T8s Baltimore and Cleveland just in time for this bronze ranked season, my only T8 ships. To my disappointment Baltimore has been a dud but Cleveland, with a 52% win rate, has been powering me to the bronze doubloons every sprint, which is all I play for. I thought Omaha, Dallas, and Helena were great, Cleveland is even better.

• Cool 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,185 posts
9,577 battles

Here's the thing to understand about wishing for a different Tier:  Your opponents get that too, so you won't be gaining anything.

When I take my Massachusetts into Ranked instead of my Missouri, yes I am costing my team a possible radar ship.  But I'm also putting another T8 BB on the other team rather than a T9, and I feel I am capable of making Massachusetts work against any T9 ship out there, so I'm giving my team a 'weaker' opponent to face while not giving up anything I can't work without.

If you have problems with the current Tier, they won't go away if you and your opponent both switch to the same Tier again.  You'll just be in different ships with the same requirement to play well.  And if you restrict the combat to the lowest Tier possible, your own team won't have those higher Tier ships either, making the playing field no different than it is now, really.

And none of that will guarantee that you won't get placed with people who either just played until law of averages put them in the qualifiers or are very bad teammates.

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
18,062 posts
20,725 battles
On 6/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

:/

Bismarck

Le Terrible

Amalfi

Vento

Hipper

Izumo

Kii

are the only ships I have for Ranked.

I think ranked needs some tier restriction to 8 only...alot of players can evenly make it better with 1 tier than 2...

Ranked battles pay more than a normal random or Co-op battle.  If you "rank-out", completely, then some rewards will be gained, while access to the game mode will be ended for the season.
Just play to have fun, with whatever you have available.
Personally, I don't obsess or lose sleep over whatever my rank is on any given day.  
Another season will happen, eventually.  By that time you'll likely have more ship options and be better at playing the game.  :-)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this