Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

DevBlog 337 - New Map — Closed Testing

17 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
27,755 posts
39,049 battles

Interesting looking map, but I notice that it's another high tier map.

Could we PLEASE get a new map for the mid tiers, i.e. tiers 5 to 7?  For the life of me, I can't remember when the last time we saw such a map and what that map may have been.  (I also strongly believe that Riposte should be added as a mid tier map.)

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[DATF]
Members
34 posts
8,508 battles

Neat looking map, but you can already tell it heavily favors the south spawn with the island locations.

[UNC]
Members
1,175 posts
7,190 battles

Yeah south spawn appears at first blush to have more protection from the La Digue island.  Maybe if the caps and spawns were rotated about 45 degrees it would balance out better?  Of course I think a lot of people have been asking for asymmetrical maps for a long time - as long as they play fairly for both sides, of course.  That said, I will definitely be interested to see if real world locations can be translated into maps.  Would open up a lot of possibilities for battle arenas with a historical tie-in.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,674 posts
13,829 battles

Not gonna lie, I really want to see a map based on Ironbottom Sound for tiers 5-8, or for an operation.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
16,293 posts
18,439 battles
1 hour ago, QuantumCorgi said:

Neat looking map, but you can already tell it heavily favors the south spawn with the island locations.

Agreed.  And if you play coop, it favors the North spawn (better gun lines to wide caps).  And if the toaster split (often do when playing a for cap domination battle), the south spawn won't be able to shoot for a while.  

I would also agree with more lower tier maps.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,493 posts

how about that big island placed in the middle with few secondary smaller ones around it, promotes real ring-around-the rosy gameplay  :Smile_teethhappy:

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
14,781 battles

Big fan of the idea of using real locations for maps.

• Cool 1

Members
858 posts
20 battles

This map looks really interesting, I love that you're directly using a real life place again.  It's also really good to finally see a map that doesn't have a thousand islands, because maps like Greece really stifle mobile game play.

The primary change I would suggest though, is to move the spawn locations.  Directly North and South means the main islands cut the map in two, and provide very limited channels to get around the enemy.  Having spawns to the East and West, or even NW/SE or similar, would make the game play around the main islands much more interesting, as well as give open water to work with as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,047 posts
26,902 battles

You're talking as if you know where the spawns are going to be. Stop.

[GT3]
Members
318 posts
10,040 battles

Those caps are too close to the border.. otherwise interesting.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,567 posts
16,165 battles
3 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Not gonna lie, I really want to see a map based on Ironbottom Sound for tiers 5-8, or for an operation.

Well, Cherry Blossom is based (very loosely) on the Battle of Empress Augusta Bay. Not technically the waters of Canal, but in the same theatre.

[SPTR]
Members
28,181 posts
20,270 battles

new maps is always needed and welcome, like the predecessors before me in this thread have said, gotta balance it as its gonna favour one team more than the other.

[STAR]
Members
54 posts
8,925 battles

It's going be one hell of a challenge to balance this high tier map based on real location. But if the Seychelles goes through testing, I wish for a base of operations in a large offshore plant as an out-of-bounds Easter Egg heh.

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
14,491 posts
9,270 battles
20 hours ago, SuperSSL said:

Big fan of the idea of using real locations for maps.

Count another one here too, great idea.

• Cool 1

[UNC]
Members
1,175 posts
7,190 battles
On 6/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're talking as if you know where the spawns are going to be. Stop.

Given the position and heading of the green ships in the provided screenshot and given a lack of information to suggest otherwise, I think it is a very reasonable assumption that the spawns will be north/south.  Besides, they asked for feedback and we are providing it.  If our feedback is based on incomplete information or incorrect assumptions then they need to provide clarification.

Sign in to follow this