You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Next Free Commander Respec when?

15 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
801 posts
22,549 battles

• The game has changed considerably since last years commander skill tree changes and subsequent tweaks to the tree. Along with several glitches with skills implementation like the current last stand bug. 
  • Introduction of Submarines that are super quick and nigh impossible to detect while keeping their enemies permanently spotted & when in capable hands are extremely difficult to deal with. There are skills that can help deal with them, but the counter skills are constantly changing. and respeccing dozens or even 100's of ships is wildly expensive. This addsa good part of the animosity players are feeling towards Submarines
  • Introduction of Super Ships which are tech tree and require new or respecced captains because of their unique skill sets( all need nerfing but that is for another thread)
  • The growing presence of SAP equipped ships,  high ROF HE spitting ships means fire is a worse threat than ever.(Fire needs a rework like old flooding, but again, that is for another thread)
  • A very quickly growing # of ships in the 457mm + category means double rudder shift to better dodge is more important on many cruisers than concealment. They are often sub or CV spotted these days anyway. ( Still waiting for ANY spotting mechanic fix for CV's...  ) 
  • We used to get a free week of commander respec every clan battle season that was non CV. This was available to all who played at least 1 clan battle in the first week or so of each CB Season. Then any who played at least one match in the last 2 weeks of the season was given another week to re adjust their commanders as the CB season wound down.  This feature that was with us from the launch of the game was removed when the first less than ideal version CV rework arrived and they were tested in Clan battles.  We have since had several non CV clan battles. But no respecs. Adding the Clan battle respecs again would also help entice a larger number of newer clans to play that battle mode >Hint<
  • Occasional Respecs also make the game more dynamic, because players are more willing to try skill combinations other than the regular cookie cutter builds. 

• The challenging state of gameplay(many newer/learning players) and all other captains really need a full commander respec opportunity again. Would be the best WG anniversary gift(or sooner) you could give us :) 

Please?

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
14,468 posts
9,263 battles

Fairly confident there will be one on Submarine's formal release. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,035 posts
26,864 battles

I daresay they will be obliged to give us one when the subs go fully live.

I think we should also reasonably expect an opportunity for a free commander reassignment, given that a completely new ship type will be coming into the tech tree. Perhaps with a one-shot button to push that retrains all commanders to the ship they are currently in.

• Cool 1

[D-PN]
Members
3,536 posts
16,610 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Fairly confident there will be one on Submarine's formal release. 

Sure hope that isn't anytime soon.... almost none of the fundamental problems with subs have gotten an acceptable remedy.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
14,468 posts
9,263 battles
5 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Sure hope that isn't anytime soon.... almost none of the fundamental problems with subs have gotten an acceptable remedy.

The new release info on the I-56 gives me the creeps... One would think release is at the turn of the corner. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,657 posts

for sub release i'd expect it to be just sub skills reset

• Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
2,978 posts
15,431 battles
15 hours ago, SKurj said:

If they don't give all the captains a reset at that point, it'll really be a big FU to the community. :-/

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
14,468 posts
9,263 battles
16 hours ago, SKurj said:

The rest of the ships need to consider adding ASW skills and modules to their builds. It gives solid ground for a general reset.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,180 posts
8,034 battles
20 hours ago, Karandar said:

• The game has changed considerably since last years commander skill tree changes and subsequent tweaks to the tree. Along with several glitches with skills implementation like the current last stand bug. 
  • Introduction of Submarines that are super quick and nigh impossible to detect while keeping their enemies permanently spotted & when in capable hands are extremely difficult to deal with. There are skills that can help deal with them, but the counter skills are constantly changing. and respeccing dozens or even 100's of ships is wildly expensive. This addsa good part of the animosity players are feeling towards Submarines
  • Introduction of Super Ships which are tech tree and require new or respecced captains because of their unique skill sets( all need nerfing but that is for another thread)
  • The growing presence of SAP equipped ships,  high ROF HE spitting ships means fire is a worse threat than ever.(Fire needs a rework like old flooding, but again, that is for another thread)
  • A very quickly growing # of ships in the 457mm + category means double rudder shift to better dodge is more important on many cruisers than concealment. They are often sub or CV spotted these days anyway. ( Still waiting for ANY spotting mechanic fix for CV's...  ) 
  • We used to get a free week of commander respec every clan battle season that was non CV. This was available to all who played at least 1 clan battle in the first week or so of each CB Season. Then any who played at least one match in the last 2 weeks of the season was given another week to re adjust their commanders as the CB season wound down.  This feature that was with us from the launch of the game was removed when the first less than ideal version CV rework arrived and they were tested in Clan battles.  We have since had several non CV clan battles. But no respecs. Adding the Clan battle respecs again would also help entice a larger number of newer clans to play that battle mode >Hint<
  • Occasional Respecs also make the game more dynamic, because players are more willing to try skill combinations other than the regular cookie cutter builds. 

• The challenging state of gameplay(many newer/learning players) and all other captains really need a full commander respec opportunity again. Would be the best WG anniversary gift(or sooner) you could give us :) 

Please?

before another reset i rather see them put some effort into fixing the mess the skill rework did.

they ended adding more grind for roughly the same results,  In most cases viable builds choice was not increased  and in some particular cases like cruisers i would argue we have even less of a choice, mandatory skills like CE or adrenaline are still king and nothing comes close to be considered an alternative.

sure we got some new fancy skills but most are either weak i mean i tried a full AA build in the johan de witt and was still unable to even defend myself from a single cv to just ridiculous ones like BBs super heavy AP and furious skill that encourage you to be a floating bonfire :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by pepe_trueno

[CO-OP]
Members
3,460 posts
35,492 battles
10 hours ago, TheArc said:

If they don't give all the captains a reset at that point, it'll really be a big FU to the community. :-/

They've shown in the past to be quite adept at that.

• Sad 1

[PVE]
Members
17,081 posts
37,388 battles
10 hours ago, TheArc said:

Where have you been? That is what they do best LOL. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,204 posts
8,330 battles
16 hours ago, TheArc said:

Pfft, WG has been flipping the bird at the community for so long and for so often that...

... they've run out of birds to flip...

... they're turning it into a new game mode...

... they have on-site medical treatment for middle finger sprains...

... they're investing in new aviaries to keep up with supply...

... the sequel to "Blitz" is "Flippy Bird"...

... they're importing ostriches to more efficiently flip birds at more players at the same time...

I think I'm done. 

• Funny 1

Members
2,102 posts
24,921 battles

They will hide it in a news article again, I bet. 

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,341 posts
3,022 battles

WG should honestly consier running these sorts of things once or twice a year as a normal thing... (like as parts of anniversary events or christmas). Letting people experiment for free with new builds wouldnt be a bad thing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
36,799 posts
29,884 battles
On 6/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, YouSatInGum said:

[Laughs in CV Rebork getting shoveled out the window for Live Servers]

Traditionally Free Captain Respecs have only happened when a series of massive changes have taken place in short order.  CV Rebork, Skill Rebork.  In the year after the CV Rebork went Live, there were several Free Respecs because WG was constantly updating things related to CVs and the AA system.

2 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

WG should honestly consier running these sorts of things once or twice a year as a normal thing... (like as parts of anniversary events or christmas). Letting people experiment for free with new builds wouldnt be a bad thing.

You got an Alpha Tester tag.  You've been around long enough to know how WG operates to know better than that :Smile_coin:

• Meh 1