Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ronin69

Sub Nerfed Again?

8 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
13,476 battles

I've enjoyed the subs, but with 11.4 they are nerfing the subs again.  Apparently, the BBs cried as they couldn't just sit in the rear and snipe, not that they were any good at it, most of the time they missed.

I remember when CVs came out and they kept crying about that.  Resulting in a max of two CVs and countless revisions to lower their combat ability.  The same is occurring with subs.

• Haha 2
  • Meh 2

Members
1,873 posts
On 2/24/2022 at 7:33 PM, LastRemnant said:

Yup subs are useless now I cant wait for wargaming to put a yellow arrow pointing at subs telling everyone constantly where subs are at :fish_palm: 

i cant wait for wows to remove the homing torps and that ping nonsense .. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 5

[GSPOT]
Members
21 posts
5,941 battles

The nerf will kill subs. I love them and have played them alot but now with the depth charges soo strong they suck and NOOne will play them. 

Suggestions:

1. The ships should NOT be able to instantly send planes right where sub is INSTANTLY -should be slower moving to aim like guns are. If 3 ships+ send planes to you -instantkilled sub dead. Not fun for sub players.

2. Subs speed should be slightly increased or spawn should be farther up. Many times I cant even get into the battle. Also this isnt good for the team play.

3. The detection of subs needs decreased way less than dd's like 4km range. 

4. Hydro- shouldnt be able to detect a sub at max depth when engines not running still. How can you detect noise if engines are off? DD's and crusiers can depth instakill now depths too strong.

5. Homing torps are easily dodged by good players.

6 MOST ANNOYING- the default trps at start of match should be the LONG RANGE torps not the short range dummy torps. Every player switches to long range at beginning of match- annoying FIX THIS AT LEAST. 

If said more suggestions elsewhere as well. 

Edited by RagingTalonS
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[CYNIC]
Members
588 posts
41,343 battles

good riddance and homing torps are not easily dodged that's a non truth 

as for depth charges being too powerful then how did the sub I scored 8 depth charge hits on live and get away ?

I haven't seen a cluster mess like this since the CV rework 

Sub torps need to be nerfed to match existing DD torps damage ,speed , and range

• Cool 4

Members
59 posts
3,509 battles
On 5/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, arch4random said:

i cant wait for wows to remove the homing torps and that ping nonsense .. :Smile_medal:

I also want subs to just have the basic torps. And at lower tiers, must shoot them at periscope depth or surface (to be historically accurate). However, 3 requests for sub buffing: 1) battery does not deplete faster if detected. 2) at deeper depth, then cannot be tracked by hydro (like under a thermal layer). 3) tier 7 and up has working snorkel, so battery does not deplete at periscope depth (no charging, no depleting). 

• Cool 1

Members
545 posts
On 5/18/2022 at 7:54 AM, Ronin69 said:

I've enjoyed the subs, but with 11.4 they are nerfing the subs again.  Apparently, the BBs cried as they couldn't just sit in the rear and snipe, not that they were any good at it, most of the time they missed.

I remember when CVs came out and they kept crying about that.  Resulting in a max of two CVs and countless revisions to lower their combat ability.  The same is occurring with subs.

If after >13,000 you can't see that subs make the game worse, you never will.

• Cool 3

[EAWS]
Members
38 posts
25,156 battles

Not nerfed enough.... Once a sub pings (in real life adn in every game that has them) everyone knows wher eyou are adn not just for a second - for a lonmg while. Subs would be hesitent to ping anyone until sure they coudl get away with it, not pingingh every 3 seconds and troughing 1970's torps at 1940's ships. BTW, in RL - Anti Submarine warfare already exsisteded LONGGGGGGG b4 subs were really a thing. The ships just towed a line with a load noice maker behind them - it confused subs adn torps. WoW ships have nothing ..... Why put a ship in the game and give no one a way to see them or detect them. Another thing. Planes were the death of a sub....not in our game - Planes from a CV do nothing - give sonar bouys that last a minute and a half - A sub comes anywhere near it, everyone sees it. It's an easy fix. Or just get rid of them completely as they ruined what used to be a fun game that required skill - not Subs played by skilless players tro think they can play.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this