Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

When will the sub rentals stop?

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

652
[SOCOM]
Members
885 posts
30,457 battles

I have had 9 rental Subs in my port for some time. When will the rental stop so I do not have them forced into my port. I have not even looked at them. but I wish them to just leave my port and not come back uninvited. The fact that they are forced on us even if we do not use them is my problem. If I do not eat squash I do not even want it on my plate. Rental ships should be an option .

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[UNHLY]
Wiki Editor
6,067 posts
16,455 battles
34 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

When they go live.

Beatings sub rentals will continue until morale improves subs release

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,216
[WOLFG]
Members
15,669 posts
16,899 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Beatings sub rentals will continue until morale improves subs release

Image result for Correct meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[OGB]
Members
73 posts
11,960 battles
52 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 9 rental Subs in my port for some time. When will the rental stop so I do not have them forced into my port. I have not even looked at them. but I wish them to just leave my port and not come back uninvited. The fact that they are forced on us even if we do not use them is my problem. If I do not eat squash I do not even want it on my plate. Rental ships should be an option .

I have 6 subs, not 9; however, I agree with you 100%. Rentals should be an option and I have the same problem when clan battles are going on with the Tier X rentals in port. Annoying puts it mildly.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
357 posts
12,133 battles

I don't like these rentals either. Occasionally I will look at the specs of these ships, er boats, in order to find out how I might sink the suckers.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972
[CVA16]
Members
8,004 posts
24,296 battles

Rental subs will continue until WG thinks they have them right, then they go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,628
[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
3,903 posts
18,634 battles

of all the serious issues currently in the game.....

 

a rental ship that doesn't hurt you, take up a slot, and no one is forcing you to play is not even worth rating.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,474
[RBMK]
Members
2,387 posts
38,735 battles
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 9 rental Subs in my port for some time. When will the rental stop so I do not have them forced into my port. I have not even looked at them. but I wish them to just leave my port and not come back uninvited. The fact that they are forced on us even if we do not use them is my problem. If I do not eat squash I do not even want it on my plate. Rental ships should be an option .

Not soon enough 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[-AGW-]
Members
353 posts
39,669 battles
18 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Rental subs will continue until WG thinks they have them right, then they go live.

So, good chance that doesn't happen anytime soon...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,629 posts
5,107 battles
35 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

of all the serious issues currently in the game.....

 

a rental ship that doesn't hurt you, take up a slot, and no one is forcing you to play is not even worth rating.

There's so many bigger issues, and people complain about rental subs lmbo

~Hunter

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,396
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,025 posts
18,888 battles

Well they are good for one thing at least,

 

image.thumb.png.62da984b4a0618891180555688c4f7a9.png

 

and you don't even have to play them to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,105
[RLGN]
Members
18,165 posts
32,435 battles
38 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

of all the serious issues currently in the game.....

a rental ship that doesn't hurt you, take up a slot, and no one is forcing you to play is not even worth rating.

2 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

There's so many bigger issues, and people complain about rental subs lmbo

~Hunter

Exactly.

Just ignore the things.

Subs I play in Co-op. The clan rental ships I just ignore/zone out because I already have most of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[VFW]
Members
102 posts
3,396 battles
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 9 rental Subs in my port for some time. When will the rental stop so I do not have them forced into my port. I have not even looked at them. but I wish them to just leave my port and not come back uninvited. The fact that they are forced on us even if we do not use them is my problem. If I do not eat squash I do not even want it on my plate. Rental ships should be an option .

Really? Of all the things that are in the game, you're worried about a few greyed-out ships with no captain that nobody except for you even remotely bat an eye at? Look if you hate subs, then that's perfectly fine but just ignore the subs dude. It's literally the most unimportant thing having them in your port when they cost absolutely nothing to be there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,136
[SALVO]
Members
13,049 posts
8,631 battles

When will the sub rentals stop?

The rentals will continue until moral improves

 

 

 

edit: booo, joke already told... that's what I get for not reading the full thread

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,246 posts
10,086 battles

i dont want them either.

But i am more amazed at the line of people who come here just to make you hear they don't like your preferences.

People want to shout you down for having an opinion.

Why does someone mentioning a thing have to be like that...that'd they go out of their way to make a point of negating your view?

How easy would it be to have them optional, or whatever. The fix will take less energy than people complaining about someone having a viewpoint.

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[-PVE-]
Members
405 posts
15,192 battles

Until WGing thinks we like them and will spend money on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,606 posts
20,946 battles
1 hour ago, Musket22 said:

So, good chance that doesn't happen anytime soon...

 

Or a good chance that it is soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[STRM]
Beta Testers
332 posts

Agreed. WG spent thousands of man hours to redesign and change subs about a billion times, but can't take the time to give us the simple option to sell our rental/temp ships in our port. Pathetic. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
Beta Testers
481 posts
12,832 battles

One has to ask...why are they being freely offered in the port?

I have to wonder if there was so little take up the old way. So few players playing them ----They've had to throw them into everyone's port in the hopes that enough players will play them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,831
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,105 posts

you saw when the supership rentals stopped...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[KRAK]
Members
1,881 posts
18,235 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

When will the sub rentals stop?

The rentals will continue until moral improves

 

 

 

edit: booo, joke already told... that's what I get for not reading the full thread

Kind of the approach Capt Queeg took in the Cain Mutinty (book is 100x as good as the very short movie that Bogart did well, and said he would do it for free, if that is what it took to get the role).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[-AGW-]
Members
353 posts
39,669 battles
8 hours ago, Azzura said:

One has to ask...why are they being freely offered in the port?

I have to wonder if there was so little take up the old way. So few players playing them ----They've had to throw them into everyone's port in the hopes that enough players will play them...

It's a variation of the drug pusher saying "The first one is free..."

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
516 posts
18 hours ago, Ironclad1929 said:

I have 6 subs, not 9; however, I agree with you 100%. Rentals should be an option and I have the same problem when clan battles are going on with the Tier X rentals in port. Annoying puts it mildly.

That issue could be solved by WG if they added NOT to their port ship filter.

Currently you can only select which ships you want to see, e.g. tier 7 battleships. There is no option to chose to see everything but tier 7 battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[RAPID]
Members
10 posts
4,317 battles
19 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Well they are good for one thing at least,

 

image.thumb.png.62da984b4a0618891180555688c4f7a9.png

 

and you don't even have to play them to get it.

This, and 124 free commander slots over the time of submarine introduction - thanks WeeGee! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×