Aslain

[MOD][0.6.8.1] Aslain's WoWS ModPack Installer #00 (22-07-2017)

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

3,567 posts in this topic

wow that just sucks, to have an entire thread locked down because of (shall not be named). That a real bummer, hope that didn't slow you down. Luckily the Dev's here don't see as much of a threat, hell we have 4-5 threads discussing (shall not be named) in close beta forum that been going on for weeks.

oh just a personal suggestion to your mod listing. I think you should rename Sixth sense to Situation Awareness. I know they act the same like in Wot. It might cause confusion with Sixth Sense and Situation awareness later on. just my 50 cent

I've changed Sixth sense to Situation Awareness in 0.1.5, just not listed it in changelog, no need :) I don't know what is their problem on EU forums, looks like they prefer to close whole topic. I hope it was just wrong decision from the moderator, and he will not do this again.

Aslain.. love the mod pack, but you have replaced the flag behind Warspite in the port to the US Flag...  can we get a White Ensign back again please? :)

Regards

Graham

Erm, you must have installed a skin mod maybe?

Others in my clan have had this problem as well.  We've had to dump this mod entirely.  Where are the individual mods that you packed together, especial the OTM mod v 1.0

I cannot check it since I have no premium, and looks like WG act weird in WoWS CBT, in WOT they gave us gold to test things, looks like here only rich people who can afford premium ships and prem account can do test properly.

Every time I try and install a couple of the items I lose my premium and it messes things up.  Where can I get the Over Target Marker by itself?  To much of a chance for errors when you bunch all these together.

Myself and two friends have the same issue as well. Two of us had issues with the game client crashing due to some memory error. It happened to me once but my friends game kept crashing so often that he had to do a fresh install of the game. I'll post more info if it crashes again on me.

Try removing mods 1 by 1, start with iconset, and let me know if it helped.

Will do. FYI: we all used v0.1.1 with no issues. I'll try the iconset first then the mods that were added after 0.1.1.

Have them downloaded, but not added yet, in todo list.

Aslain,   I went to download from the direct site and I still got warnings from my anti virus SW.   Is that to be expected?   Obvious I did not finish the download.  

The only skin mods installed are the ones in your pack.  I'll try to identify which one converts Warspite to being USN :)

Edit :-   Found it..  it's the OTM version #1 that converts the flag behind Warspite in the Port to USA from White Ensign.

Regards

Graham

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

The only skin mods installed are the ones in your pack.  I'll try to identify which one converts Warspite to being USN :)

Edit :-   Found it..  it's the OTM version #1 that converts the flag behind Warspite in the Port to USA from White Ensign.

Regards

Graham

Thanks for info, well looks like it needs an update then, as for myself I see no difference when playing on non-premium account.

Aslain,   I went to download from the direct site and I still got warnings from my anti virus SW.   Is that to be expected?   Obvious I did not finish the download.  

It's safe as long as you use links provided by me. If you still have doubts use http://virustotal.com

Just to be clear, the changed flag is the one behind the ship in the carousel, not the flag flown by the ship itself :)  I realised I might not be being clear.

Just adding a note..  the same Mod  OTM version #1 also changes the top of the screen from premium to Standard for the account type, although the player profile on Wows main site still registers you as Premium.  Removing OTM v1 resets it back to premium

Regards

Graham

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

I've been playing all morning with no crashes so nothing to report on that. Question though: for those who are using OTM v#1, do you have to hit ALT once per match to display info? Not a big deal as it's so much easier than trying to hold ALT all the time. Just wondering if this only happens to me.

Edited by pewnflap

I've been playing all morning with no crashes so nothing to report on that. Question though: for those who are using OTM v#1, do you have to hit ALT once per match to display info? Not a big deal as it's so much easier than trying to hold ALT all the time. Just wondering if this only happens to me.

yes  hit alt once then it stays

G

Try removing mods 1 by 1, start with iconset, and let me know if it helped.

Already tried installing items one by one and it messes up even putting just one mod in.  So I dumped them all.  Why won't you tell me where I can get the OTM mod by itself?

One more update to pold77 skins:

- Baltimore (historical) 

shot-15.05.08_23.16.53-0415.jpg

- Essex 1945 (historical)

shot-15.05.08_22.37.08-0319.jpg

- fixed Cleveland 1943

shot-15.05.10_18.45.43-0785.jpg

+fixed Des Moines (USS Salem)

+ some small fixes here and there

wait 5 mins before downloading, I'm still uploading it.

Already tried installing items one by one and it messes up even putting just one mod in.  So I dumped them all.  Why won't you tell me where I can get the OTM mod by itself?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tiwexq51kskk0za/Markers_without_alt_swf.zip

Edited by Aslain

I discovered what the problem is, the OTM mod is the one that changes the upper screen and makes it look like you're a Standard player and not Premium if you are one.  So that's the mod that needs to be fixed so it doesn't screw with the port screen. Edited by DakotaSurfer_Classic

I discovered what the problem is, the OTM mod is the one that changes the upper screen and makes it look like you're a Standard player and not Premium if you are one.  So that's the mod that needs to be fixed so it doesn't screw with the port screen.

Would have to wait for it's author to fix it, or maybe it's intentional? I think you only lose premium part of hangar, but your account is still premium, and you receive premium bonuses as usuall. So it's just visuals broken.

Would have to wait for it's author to fix it, or maybe it's intentional? I think you only lose premium part of hangar, but your account is still premium, and you receive premium bonuses as usuall. So it's just visuals broken.

I can confirm that it's only a visual change. My account is still premium, still getting bonus XP, etc.

Visual Bug, Torpedo Bombers launch and show empty load when actually loaded. Not sure yet which one is causing it.

tMfNfTp.jpg 

8EWHH7l.jpg

Downloads: 

24pi24p.png Aslain's WoWS ModPack Installer v0.1.5

Installation:
- select folder where is your WoWS installed

Uninstalling:
- never use uninstaller from the windows options
- manualy delete res_mods folder in WoWS folder
- rename paths.xml.orig to paths.xml, confirm overwrite

Changelog:

Spoiler

v0.1.5 (07-05-2015):
- added crosshair Green Lemon by XoX_Bowser_XoX

v0.1.4 (05-05-2015):
- added crosshairs v1 and v2 by DeceasedDaisy
- added modified Hootorez crosshair by m0nstertr4x
- added Additional waypoints mod
- added skin pack by pold77
- added 2 skin packs for ussr premium ships by m0nstertr4x

v0.1.3 (05-05-2015):
- reworked mods tree
- added MLP consumables
- added missing screenshot
- added Pinkie Sense
- added Trap Sense
- renamed situation awareness to Cry Havoc Sense

v0.1.2 (04-05-2015):
- added Tikia's contour icons
- added Semi-transparent Minimap
- added Cry Havoc crosshair by ephex 
- added Cry Havoc iconset by ephex
- added another version of markers without ALT
- added Rising Sun flags on Japanese ships
- added Notifications List by STL1te
- added Docs by Dawos
- added Overhead Camera
- fixed installing Custom Consumable Icons

v0.1.1 (02-05-2015):
- updated Aslain's contour icons for 0.3.0.5
- updated MajorRenegade's contour icons for 0.3.0.5
- updated MLP Flags by MajorRenegade for 0.3.0.5
- marked Hootorez's contour icons as old due the fact he stopped supporting his mods

v0.1.0 (23-04-2015):
- this is first version of modpack for World of Warships
- note: if you have mod requests, please send me PM or write in my topic
- note: currently there is small ammount of mods, most of them are ship skins
- note: so I decided to wait with adding them for now

Hello,   I have a black screen now after the 3.1 update.   People are saying it's because of the mod's.   I don't know if it is or it isn't but I'd like to get back into the game.   Any advise?

Hello,   I have a black screen now after the 3.1 update.   People are saying it's because of the mod's.   I don't know if it is or it isn't but I'd like to get back into the game.   Any advise?

Uninstall it?

3.1 update just hit......... most of the mods need to be updated for the current 0.3.1 version. Just give him  and the modders time to update them. so for now, delete your res_mods folder till they are updated. I will update my mods when i get on later

- manualy delete res_mods folder in WoWS folder

3.1 update just hit......... most of the mods need to be updated for the current 0.3.1 version. Just give him  and the modders time to update them. so for now, delete your res_mods folder till they are updated. I will update my mods when i get on later

That did not work.   I've uninstalled and am now doing a clean install.   Hope that fixed the issue.   Once the mod issue's if there are any are corrector or undated I'll try them again.

One comment of the reticue that was in the mod package.   Any chance to be able to rotate the axis from west to east to align with the actual path of the ship[ you are targeting?   That way you could use the numeric s on the axis bar to give you better confidence on your lead.

Don't forget that you need to remove the line from paths.xml that refers to res_mods, or the game will refuse to launch after deleting the folder. The contents should look like this:

<root>
    <Paths>
        <Path>res</Path>
    </Paths>
</root>

Actually, so long as you remove <Path>res_mods/0.3.0</Path>  from paths.xml, the game will ignore any mods, however you might as well delete the folder since the contents need to be updated anyways...

Don't forget that you need to remove the line from paths.xml that refers to res_mods, or the game will refuse to launch after deleting the folder. The contents should look like this:

Actually, so long as you remove <Path>res_mods/0.3.0</Path>  from paths.xml, the game will ignore any mods, however you might as well delete the folder since the contents need to be updated anyways...

no........ you just need to change it to <Path>res_mods/0.3.1</Path> to work correctly and rename res_mods/0.3.0 to res_mods/0.3.1. Simple fix, but again it will take a few days for all of the mods to be updated

no........ you just need to change it to <Path>res_mods/0.3.1</Path> to work correctly and rename res_mods/0.3.0 to res_mods/0.3.1. Simple fix, but again it will take a few days for all of the mods to be updated

I'm just going to wait and then redownload the mod pack withj the updates.

I'm just going to wait and then redownload the mod pack withj the updates.

it best that you do, just wait to be updated and fully tested by Aslain. He always do an test for each of the mods before adding them into the installer