Aslain

[MOD][0.6.8.0] Aslain's WoWS ModPack Installer #03 (22-07-2017)

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

3,563 posts in this topic

v6.7.0 #05 (07-07-2017):
- updated mxstat
- updated Help Me!
- updated contour icons: Panzerschiffer
- updated Compressed textures for weak computers
- updated Alt minimap settings

On 9/30/2015 at 1:19 PM, Laynx said:

the antivirus is detecting a trojan horse that activates if you try to install the mod.  the file is infected. The fact that this happens AFTER you click the language setting would imply this is not from a bad link but rather from a bad file to begin with.

Can I get more information on this? This just started happening to me. How can I remedy this? Which file would be bad? Should I uninstall WOWS and do a reinstall? I uninstalled Aslain's and keep getting the same error. Please explain like you would a 5 year old.

It would be great to get the files i need without the installer. It seems like the installer is causing the issue.

Nothing wrong with the installer, the problem lays in your antivir, which is freaking out for no reason, and causing false-positive. 

Compare sha-256 witht he one I providing on my download page, if it matches then there is no reason to worry.

Ultimately use something more reliable, not just one random antivir but legion of antivirs: https://www.virustotal.com/ when you see multiple detections then something might be going on, but a couple of them means nothing.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/90d36acf1d2d6bb19ea7b5fac01db9eea7636aa8cdf6fa291ca14ae9e5196234/analysis/1499495973/

Edited by Aslain

Hey @Aslain, I love your modpack. Great work man. Just wanted to give you (and maybe others) a heads-up about your most recent modpack installer (v6.7.0 #05). Several of my friends, including myself, have began crashing on battle start. sha-256 matches, but 4 of my antivirus (BitDefender, Panda, AVG, even Windows Defender) detected files that are designed to steal passwords (in GUI folder, I think maybe something to do with HelpMe or maybe a contour mod):

is-1QFIE.tmp
is-ISAMS.tmp
is-HJ51S.tmp
is-9KESB.tmp

Again - sha-256 is ok! So maybe something is piggybacking on the download link? Not sure, but I love your modpack, keep up the great work!

Anyone else have Chat disappear after installing latest modpack?  Not fun for Ranked.

6 hours ago, Tetelextai said:

Hey @Aslain, I love your modpack. Great work man. Just wanted to give you (and maybe others) a heads-up about your most recent modpack installer (v6.7.0 #05). Several of my friends, including myself, have began crashing on battle start. sha-256 matches, but 4 of my antivirus (BitDefender, Panda, AVG, even Windows Defender) detected files that are designed to steal passwords (in GUI folder, I think maybe something to do with HelpMe or maybe a contour mod):

is-1QFIE.tmp
is-ISAMS.tmp
is-HJ51S.tmp
is-9KESB.tmp

Again - sha-256 is ok! So maybe something is piggybacking on the download link? Not sure, but I love your modpack, keep up the great work!

I can tell ya, there is nothing in the modpack, nor anything piggybacking upon download from the download site. Most likely you are getting a false positive from the scans. I get absolutely zero hits before, during and after download and install, and I am overly anal about this stuff. 

One thing about Aslain, he makes sure that it is clean before he ever puts it out.

1 hour ago, Lollipops said:

I can tell ya, there is nothing in the modpack, nor anything piggybacking upon download from the download site. Most likely you are getting a false positive from the scans. I get absolutely zero hits before, during and after download and install, and I am overly anal about this stuff. 

One thing about Aslain, he makes sure that it is clean before he ever puts it out.

I've since reinstalled with no problems. I just wanted to give Aslain a heads-up, since it happened to me and several friends. I noticed that one of the download links did change, however (the #2 mirror) -- at any rate, all is well now that I've re-downloaded. But for anyone having the crashing-on-battle-start bug, reinstall.

Links broken? seems I cant DL anything?   2nd link also worked had to hit reload and wait a bit.

20 minutes ago, jonbonwolf said:

Links broken? seems I cant DL anything?

Was having issues as well. The second link ended up working for me after a couple tries.

i have tried all the links and cant get any of them to work.  i dont know if it could be that too many people are trying to get the modpack to update at the same time that is the issue

i keep getting the message, connection refused.   i dunno if its an indication that too many are trying to get updated at once

Edited by a_trout_bum_2

What I've noticed on this update, 6.7.1............on torrent 2 is from eu.blackboxserver.net..........and the download is over 15 mins.

I can't remember if the past downloads came from the above address or not but they never took this long to download. It could be because of traffic.

Anyways, thanks for the update.

i am getting slow download speeds from certain mods in the pack

even on VPNs that i used as a workaround for the slow speeds that have been plaguing the installer lately.

19 hours ago, iamablocker said:

i am getting slow download speeds from certain mods in the pack

even on VPNs that i used as a workaround for the slow speeds that have been plaguing the installer lately.

The server is in Europe, the farther you are from it the slower it may work for you. Probably something between you and the server is throttling the transfer.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:26 PM, Aslain said:

The server is in Europe, the farther you are from it the slower it may work for you. Probably something between you and the server is throttling the transfer.

before the problems happened i was able to download at the max speed of my connection at 5M... now it barely reaches 56k without any changes- and 90% of the time it fails to download completely.

tried to VPN my way thru USA/Russia/Japan to no success

v6.7.1 #01 (18-07-2017):
- updated mxstat
- updated Matchmaking Monitor 1.0.6.1
- added shells & tracers: anti-ship missile

How does the new Nomogram dynamic crosshair work? (added in previous version of modpack)

I'm not sure whether it's not showing up for me in 0.6.7.1 or that I am not installing correctly.

20 hours ago, HeavyDiveKick said:

How does the new Nomogram dynamic crosshair work? (added in previous version of modpack)

I'm not sure whether it's not showing up for me in 0.6.7.1 or that I am not installing correctly.

Follow instructions from mod preview/description.

Upper scale graduated for 30 knot speed in seconds for shells flytime. So if you see target with known speed of 30 knots and shells will fly to it 5 sec, aim at 5 on upper scale. Lower is the same but for 20 knot speed

I won't be able to release WoWs modpack update today. Too many mods are not updated, and my client is not letting me log to garage to check if anything is working. I hate that mobile internet I have currently for next 2 weeks.... I will try to make it tomorrow...