You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Old_Sailor_1952

New Policy?

47 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
3,041 battles

I have been around the forum for several years. It seems that recently any criticism of WOWS results in a locked or deleted thread. Has there been a policy change? Not a complaint, just the observation of an old guy, no data to back it up.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator
5,134 posts
15,938 battles
5 minutes ago, Old_Sailor_1952 said:

I have been around the forum for several years. It seems that recently any criticism of WOWS results in a locked or deleted thread. Has there been a policy change? Not a complaint, just the observation of an old guy, no data to back it up.

There's plenty of criticism.  I could point you in the direction of several threads or posts that disagree with us on a variety of topics.  Disagreement is normal and healthy.

Moderation is fairly light.  About 1-2% of the stuff on here gets Moderated, which is around 5-15 posts a day at most.  Some days there's no moderation at all, even though we have over 700+ posts.

-

There has been a LOT of work to address Attack language, though.  People that like to fight and berate others are stopped quickly, so a lot of that has faded away because it's just not tolerated to any extent.  The faster it's addressed, the less likely it is to be repeated.

• Cool 13
  • Meh 3

[REKTD]
Members
1,087 posts
13,916 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

There has been a LOT of work to address Attack language, though.  People that like to fight and berate others are stopped quickly, so a lot of that has faded away because it's just not tolerated to any extent.  The faster it's addressed, the less likely it is to be repeated.

This has been noticed, and is very much appreciated.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,672 posts
15,081 battles
3 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Having been here from almost the beginning it is this kind of post that gets locked or even deleted which happens on any forum when people let themselves get angry and stop using logic in their arguments.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
15,661 posts
16,868 battles

Only been here 3 and a half.  Was worse before.  There's been a general trend towards limiting serious flaming.

You could let a meme war slip through once in a while though.

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
369 posts
9,705 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You could let a meme war slip through once in a while though.

Ah - I have some fond memories of some of the meme wars.

Particularly around "salt" and "heresy." 

[SALV0]
Members
580 posts
2,042 battles

EU forum is much more relaxed vs here. 

Decline in this forum happened during happas final days and has continued.

Pretty much ghost town anymore because  of the echo chamber that has developed.

Counter arguments are discouraged now.  If it's not pro WG you're not allowed in here. This post will soon be deleted.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
4,973 posts
14,833 battles

While there have been some notable cases of… let’s say “overeager” moderation, for the most part not much has changed in the last few years.

[WG]
Administrator
5,134 posts
15,938 battles
17 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

Counter arguments are discouraged now.  If it's not pro WG you're not allowed in here. This post will soon be deleted.

From General Discussion right now:

And it goes on and on.

-

The narrative that there isn't dissent isn't correct.  It seems it's more that some players are just confused why Everything isn't dissent.  The best reason why it isn't is because we have a great game.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 1

Members
3,309 posts
595 battles
39 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Ah - I have some fond memories of some of the meme wars.

Particularly around "salt" and "heresy." 

oh man I remember when I was the KING of meme's... (Not this account, my last one.... which, perhaps, might have been the reason for its demise).... LOL

LAGtvPn.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
885 posts
15,066 battles
22 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

EU forum is much more relaxed vs here. 

Decline in this forum happened during happas final days and has continued.

Pretty much ghost town anymore because  of the echo chamber that has developed.

Have you looked at the post here?  90% of the post are people complaining about stuff and most of them stay open.  Last time we got the 200% XP bonus someone was unhappy about for who knows what reason.   In fact there is a huge anti WG crowd here, some who don't even play the game.  If anyone post something that isn't "CVs are bad" "Subs are bad" they ususally get the thumbs down or boring emoji.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,672 posts
15,081 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Have you looked at the post here?  90% of the post are people complaining about stuff and most of them stay open.  Last time we got the 200% XP bonus someone was unhappy about for who knows what reason.   In fact there is a huge anti WG crowd here, some who don't even play the game.  If anyone post something that isn't "CVs are bad" "Subs are bad" they ususally get the thumbs down or boring emoji.  

It all comes down to how you complain. If your complaint comes out that x is a terrible piece of s*** and who ever designed it should be slapped the thread is likely going to be locked if the thread got unruly of the post will be deleted.

I wish that the mods would delete posts more often than locking threads that were actually constructive until a couple of people got into a personal flame war.

• Thanks 2

[WORX]
Members
16,401 posts
21,919 battles

As long, as moderation is consistent and within reason, following the forum guidelines that protects both the player and staff..

Its hard to say if currently we're in restricted moderation or not...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
6,088 posts

ever since legalization i can't deny that i haven't partaken... but can i have what the OP is smokin please...  or did he get confused with some other forum.

[WOLFC]
Members
4,973 posts
14,833 battles

Honestly, this thread is kind of pointless because any attempt to defend the OP’s point (or engage in discussion with the CM who weighed in on this thread) with examples would be a violation of the forum rules regarding discussing moderation, which would get the post deleted and/or the thread locked and lead to potential disciplinary actions.

:cap_popcorn:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
15,661 posts
16,868 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Honestly, this thread is kind of pointless because any attempt to defend the OP’s point (or engage in discussion with the CM who weighed in on this thread) with examples would be a violation of the forum rules regarding discussing moderation, which would get the post deleted and/or the thread locked and lead to potential disciplinary actions.

:cap_popcorn:

FIGHT CLUB.jpg

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
1,775 posts
7,826 battles
51 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

FIGHT CLUB.jpg

Crush your enemies

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,672 posts
15,081 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

FIGHT CLUB.jpg

Actually since the OP had a general question on moderation Ahskance was the correct person to contact. Now if you have a question about a specific case of moderation contact that mod. This is how almost every place on the internet works, you explain to the mod why you think the moderation was not needed, they will explain why it was. If you really think you are right you can ask to go higher but you better have your ducks in a row if you do.

[TSF]
Members
746 posts
19,016 battles

I can't give you specifics, because it would violate the forum rules, and I would be banned.

I can't tell you if I have been banned recently, because it would violate the forum rules, and I would be banned.

IF I have been banned recently, I can't tell you why, because it would violate the forum rules, and I would be banned.

IF I have been banned recently, and wanted to get community feedback on why I was banned, I couldn't do that, because it would violate the forum rules, and I would be banned.

So, you can't talk about being banned, you can't talk about why people get banned, you can't open a discussion on whether a ban was fair or appropriate, and you can't get feedback from the community on how you might alter your posts to prevent being banned, because it would violate the forum rules, and you would be banned.

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Thanks 2

[ARR0W]
Members
5,115 posts
29,808 battles

Rant posts are tolerated. The threads Ive seen locked lately werent flame wars, but threads heavy with data and charts- eventually it was some version of "nope, its not like that/ internal says different / but flava/ , locked". Maybe Im not looking at enough threads. 

• Funny 1

[ARR0W]
Members
5,115 posts
29,808 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Rants are tolerated. Flame wars are not, but really dont happen anymore. Nowadays, data and chart- heavy criticism of mechanics or design are what goes to gulag. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
4,973 posts
14,833 battles
4 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

FIGHT CLUB.jpg

Yup. I saw that long list of open topics posted by a CM, just sitting there inviting a counterargument, and the first thing that went through my mind:

8CA16E3C-8D8E-4CBF-9CBB-A6FCD2860472.jpeg.5c6dff0dda085dad59497bd961d3f27d.jpeg

Edited by Nevermore135

[UNHLY]
Members
4,008 posts
29,339 battles
10 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

oh man I remember when I was the KING of meme's... (Not this account, my last one.... which, perhaps, might have been the reason for its demise).... LOL

LAGtvPn.gif

Reported, for failing to meme more than twice a week consistently.

500 page report to be handed in to the WG Texas office by midnight on your failure to perform your required " Meme " duties under WG  EULA agreement signed by you.

Members
3,309 posts
595 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Reported, for failing to meme more than twice a week consistently.

500 page report to be handed in to the WG Texas office by midnight on your failure to perform your required " Meme " duties under WG  EULA agreement signed by you.

Gc5sQkX.gif

• Cool 1