You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
orchestrasvn090

Report for AFK has to go

6 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
5,066 battles

In my opinion, the away from keyboard report has got to go, because it's starting to be abused by players - I have been reported AFK three separate times since the update, even though I never was in all those instances.

• Boring 1

[AMIYA]
Members
15 posts
15,496 battles

For internet issue it would easily figure out by all guns pointing to the same direction.

But what if the travers are not even moving at the start?

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
1 hour ago, orchestrasvn090 said:

In my opinion, the away from keyboard report has got to go, because it's starting to be abused by players - I have been reported AFK three separate times since the update, even though I never was in all those instances.

You had to be there in order not to get a warning... If you were never there, then the warning sticks...

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,692 battles
On 4/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, orchestrasvn090 said:

It needs to stay, but agreed that AFK doesn't mean they deliberately left ... but some go get sandwiches and stuff!! Holy crap.  Maybe have a way for someone reported to have a say ... WoWs takes every whining report at face value.

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
99 posts
956 battles

The storms this summer can really complicate gameplay while on the road for work-related travel.

I've gotten to the point, hotel wifi is notoriously unreliable (that top-end hotels still have barely dial-up speeds is an abomination, and always the first ding they get when they send me customer satisfaction surveys).

I've gotten to the point, I keep the phone USB'ed to the laptop, in case of the all-too-often chance I suddenly have to jump to tether to reconnect to the game.

Found rural areas around some US military installations, I get better bandwidth tethering on my smartphone, than what the local well-known hotel chains can provide via hardline or wifi.

AFK isn't always a player's fault: internet providers can be absolute trash when it comes to reliability and dependable bandwidth.

A good idea when you're Warshipping, is to make sure your computer isn't going to be downloading any updates while you're playing. Absolutely the worst the worst experience is when a window pops up right in the middle of a battle and the computer needs to restart RIGHT FRIGGIN NOW! to install this little update you weren't even aware has happening.

Maybe, but not always, they're AFK because their computer or internet caused it. Not everybody is a scrub who does it deliberately, expecting to be slow-carried up the XP chain. I generally never report AFKs unless I see a repeat offender.

• Cool 1