Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

How are you faring against Super CVs

9 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

I seem to be doing alright unless the super CV decides he doesn't like me.

Think last one was an Eagle. I'd allowed a fire to burn my Bismarck to low HP cause wanted my heals to get back more, but...well, he had a merry time. His DB blew up both my front MBs, then his second attack 1shot my rear turrets, then he finally used TB to sink me. I was laughing so hard I fell off the chair.

Ok I exaggerated: he just finished me w/ first strike. Some 20 seconds earlier, see the planes coming my way and realize uh oh, he's definitely after me.

They do justify my learning to position so that they're guaranteed to run into teammates' AA and take damage right after the first strike. Not always, but this sometimes gets the super CV recalling rather than try a second attack run. Those jets TBs and DBs are pretty brutal too, but they're infrequent enough that don't mind them.

That said, all this is from my BBs and CRs and super cruisers. Haven't really returned to my lolibotes yet, and since my 21-pointers are on BBs and CRs, farming ECXP atm.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles
15 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Think last one was an Eagle. I'd allowed a fire to burn my Bismarck to low HP cause wanted my heals to get back more, but...well, he had a merry time. His DB blew up both my front MBs, then his second attack 1shot my rear turrets, then he finally used TB to sink me. I was laughing so hard I fell off the chair.

Ok I exaggerated: he just finished me w/ first strike. Some 20 seconds earlier, see the planes coming my way and realize uh oh, he's definitely after me.

This is a good outlook. I too would expect to be targeted by the tier XI CV if I brought my tier VIII BB into battle as part of a fail division, even if I wasn’t on the verge of death. Can’t blame the CV for picking off the easy targets.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
1,031 posts
21,131 battles

I usually fare pretty well against superCVs. They seem to be driven by worse captains due to their novelty, or perhaps the good captains are still figuring out the timings. The cruisers are much more threatening and the satsuma if driven well.

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles

I had a, for once, tight match going, with Incomparable weaving in and out making an impact.  We clawed our way into the lead, and just as things were about to be sealed, of course their Super-CV finds and dispatches me in a single pass. Over 25k damage, probably over 30k but it doesn’t matter. The match was all about who the better super-CV driver was. The rest of us were just targets who hadn’t been targeted yet.

Contrast this with a few matches later when Marlborough was nuked by the stern turret alone on a Musashi: I knew I would be visible for a only short period of time, and that the likelihood of the angles favored me so I took a chance of dropping a full broadside… and Musashi got in their perfect shot in return [BOOM goes the 45k hp Marlborough] while all of mine bounced. Such is still fun. A calculated risk and the other player proved up to the task.

With Super-CV bringing his jets, they dictate visibility, angle of attack, and they do so with impunity to “the one firing return shots”. They are not “up to the task” as much as they are the impetuous whack-a-mole player bumbling across the map with his bloody sledgehammer; “oh, what do we have here - Whack!”. Super-CVs are all the problems with WoWS CVs magnified. 

Edited by SuperComm4

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,986 battles
3 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

I had a, for once, tight match going, with Incomparable weaving in and out making an impact.  We clawed our way into the lead, and just as things were about to be sealed, of course their Super-CV finds and dispatches me in a single pass. Over 25k damage, probably over 30k but it doesn’t matter. The match was all about who the better super-CV driver was. The rest of us were just targets who hadn’t been targeted yet.

Contrast this with a few matches later when Marlborough was nuked by the stern turret alone on a Musashi: I knew I would be visible for a only short period of time, and that the likelihood of the angles favored me so I took a chance of dropping a full broadside… and Musashi got in their perfect shot in return [BOOM goes Marlborough] while all of mine bounced. Such is still fun. A calculated risk and the other player proved up to the task.

With Super-CV bringing his jets, they dictate visibility, angle of attack, and they do so with impunity to “the one firing other shots”. They are not “up to the task” as much as they are the impetuous whack-a-mole player bumbling across the map with his bloody sledgehammer; “oh, what do we have here - Whack!”. Super-CVs are all the problems with WoWS CVs magnified. 

All I can say is, if you thought Musashi was ruining your day, Satsuma will teach you a new level of suffering.  When I was sailing it during rentals, activating the consumable for it allowed me to hit single targets with the full salvo of its guns, literally one-shotting most targets or taking them to the point a Destroyer achieving a near-miss with one shell would cause what was left to fold up and head for the bottom.

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles
4 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

All I can say is, if you thought Musashi was ruining your day, Satsuma will teach you a new level of suffering.  When I was sailing it during rentals, activating the consumable for it allowed me to hit single targets with the full salvo of its guns, literally one-shotting most targets or taking them to the point a Destroyer achieving a near-miss with one shell would cause what was left to fold up and head for the bottom.

Satsuma has ridiculous firepower, but the tight dispersion helps those who can aim, but hurts those who are not as skilled, as all of their shots will miss. And Satsuma is a fat target, that can be seen from outer space. I can tolerate getting smacked by a Satsuma. Although Superships, in my opinion, should only arise in T10 matches.

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
11 posts
15,371 battles

completely broken. this is even worse than T10 cvs. united states attacking missouri while using the torp belt skill does over 20k+ dmg in a single torp strike

Edited by BLITZBURGH661
  • Funny 1

Members
2,406 posts
39,346 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

I seem to be doing alright unless the super CV decides he doesn't like me.

They do justify my learning to position so that they're guaranteed to run into teammates' AA and take damage right after the first strike. Not always, but this sometimes gets the super CV recalling rather than try a second attack run. Those jets TBs and DBs are pretty brutal too, but they're infrequent enough that don't mind them.

That said, all this is from my BBs and CRs and super cruisers. Haven't really returned to my lolibotes yet, and since my 21-pointers are on BBs and CRs, farming ECXP atm.

No problem here, I just stopped playing Randoms. Between CVs, superships and subs, what’s the point?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this