You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OilyBusiness

Cv's cause toxic gameplay

85 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
303 posts
14,431 battles

The most toxic and least enjoyable game I had in over a month. And guess why, small roster and double cv's. Nobody in this game had a good time. No one got damage. Pointless. Was this really the intent with Cv's and subs. WG, you got to stop doing this to players. They do walk away from situations like this with no changes in sight. 

image.thumb.png.82e038047872fe3f772a5079883c2709.png

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 10

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,313 posts
9,556 battles

@OilyBusiness Don't think I've ever seen four CVs take the top four spots in a match before.  It is rare for a single CV to breach the top four, let alone CVs take all four places.

I'd like to see a replay of that match.  I think there is more going on there than just a double CV match.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,973 battles
24 minutes ago, OilyBusiness said:

Nobody in this game had a good time. No one got damage.

Not true. The CV captains had fun, and they seemed to get plenty of damage. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
4,343 posts
26,637 battles

im pretty sure you blame Cv for stealing ur food too.

CV's dont cause toxic game play, toxic players cause toxic gameplay.

it's that simple.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 15
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 15

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

It was very progressive of you to poll all of the players in that game after the fact in order to get their opinions of the battle. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
59 minutes ago, OilyBusiness said:

The most toxic and least enjoyable game I had in over a month. And guess why, small roster and double cv's. Nobody in this game had a good time. No one got damage. Pointless. Was this really the intent with Cv's and subs. WG, you got to stop doing this to players. They do walk away from situations like this with no changes in sight. 

Im not surprised. Only the Mainz and DE 7 have decent base AA... not that means much anymore, rest are just floating targets. Especially the t6 BB's.

not the worst game I've seen tho.

edit- All the cv's could have been Tier 8

Edited by Retarie

Members
160 posts
21 battles
3 hours ago, xTheCanadianx said:

it's that simple.

If the playstyle of a ship causes anger and frustration on its victims, that is entirely on that class of ships and the design that Wargaming has promoted.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[TO07]
Members
4,289 posts
31,617 battles
4 hours ago, OilyBusiness said:

WOW one of the rare ANTI CV posts, these days public enemy number one have been the " UNDERSEA BOATS " .

You have restored my faith.

We now return players to there normal daily grind.

UA multiverse - Chapter 12 Pearl Harbor - Wattpad

Queen of flawlessness kate beckinsale my work GIF - Find on GIFER

Pearl Harbor attack animated gif

Taking Off Airplane GIF - Taking Off Airplane Battleship - Discover & Share  GIFs

ed skrein gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Why the Fuck Should I Watch: MIDWAY? (2019) | by the WTF critic | Medium

CV-16 — Battle of Midway Rengō Kantai Shirei Chōkan:...

Sbd Midway GIF - Sbd Midway Dauntless - Discover & Share GIFs

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles

Double CV games are dumb, there should only be one CV in a game. Due to all the many qualities CVs have that have been pointed out over and over, the ability to spot anywhere quickly.; speed of planes; AA that has been nerfed and is computer controlled, map size, CV don't risk their ship in anyway when attacking, plane regeneration and "hacks" associated with that.  However, in the game you had a SUB who didn't know what it was doing and a failure Div which compounds the issue even more.  If the maps were bigger and is there could be more than 12 on a side, then you could make a case for double CVs. I don't hate CVs just double CV games; subs are a separate issue in IMO. 

People who come out and just say your a CV hater are really disingenuous; they know the spotting and the perks CVs get are unbalancing to the game. Especially in a matches with fewer ships. They have no logical argument , so they just call you a hater or some other name. Things like "did the CV steal your food"  means they know your right and have nothing to add. Or the classic argument of taking a word to the extreme " since you polled all players" type of comment means hey I got no real point on your topic but I found some words that I can twist to make me look smart. Again squawk box bringing nothing. 

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 4

[TDRB]
Members
7,340 posts
16,186 battles
7 hours ago, OilyBusiness said:

Nobody in this game had a good time.

Nobody??? That is hard to believe.

6 hours ago, xTheCanadianx said:

it's that simple.

Your post is toxic. It was cause by someone's negative comments about CVs. It doesn't make a difference if you are trolling or not. It's that simple.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CYPHR]
4,343 posts
26,637 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Nobody??? That is hard to believe.

Your post is toxic. It was cause by someone's negative comments about CVs. It doesn't make a difference if you are trolling or not. It's that simple.

My post is toxic huh,  question are you the kind that builds by railway tracks then gets mad at the noise made by trains?  cuz thats the logic im seeing here.

if seeing a cv makes you mad, than thats a problem you need to work on.  

• Thanks 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[CHA0S]
Members
693 posts
6,737 battles
8 hours ago, OilyBusiness said:

4 hours ago, leops_1984 said:

If the playstyle of a ship causes anger and frustration on its victims, that is entirely on that class of ships and the design that Wargaming has promoted.

2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Double CV games are dumb, there should only be one CV in a game. Due to all the many qualities CVs have that have been pointed out over and over, the ability to spot anywhere quickly.; speed of planes; AA that has been nerfed and is computer controlled, map size, CV don't risk their ship in anyway when attacking, plane regeneration and "hacks" associated with that.  However, in the game you had a SUB who didn't know what it was doing and a failure Div which compounds the issue even more.  If the maps were bigger and is there could be more than 12 on a side, then you could make a case for double CVs. I don't hate CVs just double CV games; subs are a separate issue in IMO. 

People who come out and just say your a CV hater are really disingenuous; they know the spotting and the perks CVs get are unbalancing to the game. Especially in a matches with fewer ships. They have no logical argument , so they just call you a hater or some other name. Things like "did the CV steal your food"  means they know your right and have nothing to add. Or the classic argument of taking a word to the extreme " since you polled all players" type of comment means hey I got no real point on your topic but I found some words that I can twist to make me look smart. Again squawk box bringing nothing. 

2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Le sigh.

Arguments that boil down to "I act like a donkey when people play ships I don't like, or in a way I don't like" - and that's SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.

Your behaviour and reactions are someone else's fault.

Un-fornicating-real.

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 4

[CYPHR]
4,343 posts
26,637 battles
1 minute ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Le sigh.

Arguments that boil down to "I act like a donkey when people play ships I don't like, or in a way I don't like" - and that's SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.

Un-fornicating-real.

image.png

image.png

thanks I need to clean my orange juice up from my desk now LOL

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
15 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Le sigh.

Un-fornicating-real.

image.png

image.png

You quoted me and then had nothing to say about what you quoted. I made some points about why two CV are not good for a match; and how instead of making a point many just say you hate, and/or talk about wording or semantics.

If you going to quote me have something to say or are you what you post a meme?

Members
1,435 posts

If you do not like it stop sending money to WOWS.   Just play the game for free.  WOWs gets a ton of feedback by their income stream.  If a large enough percentage stop paying after an update they know.   

I avoid Tiers 6 and 7 due to the last two updates. 

I am royally pissed off about Sub play in Tier 6.  The subs can launch acoustic guided torps at WWI never modified ships outside of the anti- submarine aircraft provided!    The sub can still submerge if it gets hit by a ship launched torpedo.   That torpedo should put a hole bigger than the submarine itself into the submarine.  Yet it can still submerge!  

However...

This is a Tier 6 issue.   To my surprise tier 9 and 10 are playing rather well with the exception of some DD's such as my Forrest Sherman spitting out a TON of shells waaaay across the map.  Extremely OP if these DDs survive the first part of the game. 

My answer is to play Tier 9 and 10.    Six and seven have become home to some weird stuff. Double CV games and Subs.   Tier 6 is a crapshoot for the surface fleet. 

I rarely play CV's but I am very impressed with the fair play at Tiers 9 and 10.  I am having ALOT OF FUN at Tiers 9, 10 and +. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Thanks 1

[BWOLF]
Members
717 posts
13,628 battles

It's not just CV players or CV game play. I had a game in T10 a few days ago where another player railed at me for 15 minutes because I didn't just charge in and get killed. He was dead in four minutes. He was very brave and very stupid and ended up last on the XP list. But it was somehow all my fault. 

I've sold almost all of my T9 and T10 ships. CV's are a problem, but to me their 3rd on the list. First are subs, second are toxic players that want to argue and complain more than win and have fun, next are CV's. 

CV play is a problem - I dismantled an Izumo a few days ago with an Eagle and the poor guy could not have had much fun - but CV play isn't the worst thing here these days.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
322 posts
20,366 battles

I myslef have been mostly playing Ranked for steel. There are less cvs (although there seem to me more and more). I dont hardly ever play T10 now only if a the clan needs a few naval battle stars badly.

I do try to play lower level randoms but as the OP mentions i get cought in alot of 4CV games and that is NO fun. When 4cv games happen i do finish the match and am done playing for the day. This is the first year i have not purchased premium and i am spending no money.

[CYPHR]
4,343 posts
26,637 battles
28 minutes ago, WhiteTulip said:

It's not just CV players or CV game play. I had a game in T10 a few days ago where another player railed at me for 15 minutes because I didn't just charge in and get killed. He was dead in four minutes. He was very brave and very stupid and ended up last on the XP list. But it was somehow all my fault. 

I've sold almost all of my T9 and T10 ships. CV's are a problem, but to me their 3rd on the list. First are subs, second are toxic players that want to argue and complain more than win and have fun, next are CV's. 

CV play is a problem - I dismantled an Izumo a few days ago with an Eagle and the poor guy could not have had much fun - but CV play isn't the worst thing here these days.

was he alone?

Thats the majority issue here, I could bet half these complaints are the ones who meander off alone and cant figure out why the cv is gonna make short work of them, your away from the combined AA, were not gonna lose many planes, allows us to take a ship out of the match faster.

thats not being broken thats being strategic, if your dead broadside when im in a bb im sending a salvo your way, if you go blap thats on you for being broadside to a bb.

The blame Cv logic is a bloody crutch.    

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 3

[CHA0S]
Members
693 posts
6,737 battles
50 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You quoted me and then had nothing to say about what you quoted. I made some points about why two CV are not good for a match; and how instead of making a point many just say you hate, and/or talk about wording or semantics.

If you going to quote me have something to say or are you what you post a meme?

Not everyone agrees with the points you make.  Refusing to acknowledge that logical points have been made previously, claiming the opposition "know you're right."  You are disingenuous.

I agree with you on one point: two CV games can feel like donkey, more so when there's a smaller roster of players.  Your other points, not so much.

It's easy to call someone a hater when they make illogical, disproven, emotional arguments in the face of countervailing evidence.  Maybe if it bothers you, don't make it so easy?

[CYPHR]
4,343 posts
26,637 battles

Eh this is one topic that everyone will agree to disagree on

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles

Keep it classy, folks.  If this looks like it's just going to turn into a barfight, I'll close it down.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 3

[SUB4]
Members
1,696 posts
12,985 battles
5 hours ago, leops_1984 said:

The Japanese hated Jimmy Doolittle during WWII.

Why? He thought outside the box and brought a new battle style that led to the allies winning the war, and changing warfare forever.

He was proactive, not reactive.

[SALVO]
Members
16,358 posts
10,152 battles

What da frek dude, Bearn+D7P losing a double CV match? 

Hat off for that Parseval, nice carry. 

Honestly I would had loved to be D7P or at least Bearn on that match

[CYPHR]
4,343 posts
26,637 battles
3 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Keep it classy, folks.  If this looks like it's just going to turn into a barfight, I'll close it down.

see it all took me by surprise im just sitting here reading the news paper with the big headline saying cv's are fine, next thing I know a glass is shattering over my head