You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Adm_Nate_Ellis937

2nd Steel Ship

8 comments in this topic

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,248 posts

so I already have Flint and Black and now with the 25% steel coupon, I have enough for either Bourgenone or Incomparable.

What would each ships gimmick be?

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
1 hour ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

so I already have Flint and Black and now with the 25% steel coupon, I have enough for either Bourgenone or Incomparable.

What would each ships gimmick be?

Incomparable has 20 inch guns apparently, speed with engine boost, long duration short range hydro, rebuild your own ship british heal - looks like maybe a british Georgia with consumables of a cruiser - has no armour pretty much

Bourgone is also quite fast plus has a speed boost, also has the reload booster, standard heal, 15 inchers but 12 of them

Note: Bourgone's turrets break easilly- have your DCP ready in drive by situations

Many recommend Bourgone due to its easy playability- I plan on getting it as my first steel ship as well

Edited by Boomer625

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,721 battles
2 hours ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

I have enough for either Bourgenone or Incomparable.

I have both. I recommend Bourgogne - that ship is special. I imagine it will be pulled soon as it has been out a while, and it is like Jean Bart with an extra turret. You have to stay agile, almost cruiser-like gameplay but you can reinforce flanks to save your team; and if you find yourself on their flank, the reload boost is deadly. A game changing ship.

Incomparable is a “cool” ship. Fantastic sounding guns, British Battlecruiser looks. Super-low detectability. Basically it is a CL that packs a lot of punch. Much more nuanced gameplay, and you need help, you can’t really dominate or carry the match with 6 guns.

• Cool 1

[ENDO]
Members
353 posts
8,272 battles

Depends on your play style. Cannot go wrong with Bourgogne. Incomparable is interesting tho. 

[PHLNX]
Members
550 posts
14,602 battles

Bourgogne is wonderful. She has DD speed (slightly over 40 kts) when speed boosting undetected with flags to get to a collapsing flank or get out of trouble. Her guns are good with nice dispersion and range.  I've devstruck a full health Conquerer in a driveby on two occasions with her. The reload booster is great for catching someone trying a gamers turn right after your last salvo thinking they have time. They don't.

Her downside would be a little smallish on the HP pool and she takes cits if not well angled (I feel like 18" overmatch her at all angles).

[ARGSY]
Members
1,061 posts
14,709 battles

Either. I got Bourgogne but think that Incomparable looks like a load of fun as well. No bad choices there.

[CAAT]
Members
292 posts
13,057 battles

I did some research of my own and more players have the Bourgogne and the Stalingrad in that order, followed by the Shikishima :fish_book: