You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

What is the supership adoption rate by forumites?

What is the supership adoption rate by forumites?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Have you purchased one or more superships?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If no, do you plan on purchasing one or more superships?

• Yes
    • No
    • I already purchased at least one supership

70 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles

I am curious what the rate of supership adoption by forumites is.  We know they are seeing significantly higher use than WG anticipated.

If you haven’t bought a supership, why not?  Do you plan on buying one or more?

If you have bought one or more superships are you satisfied with the purchase or do you regret having done so?

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

I don't have any superships, and don't plan on getting any.  While I don't really like the T11 concept, I'm not wildly against it.  My issue is that I have zero interest in ships intended to drain your credits.  That's just a non-starter for me.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

If you haven’t bought a supership, why not?

My credit balance is not in that beautiful place right now, and I anticipate this state of affairs persisting for some time into the future.

4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Do you plan on buying one or more?

Postulating a high enough credit balance (50 million or more remaining AFTER purchase and fit-out), I wouldn't rule it out if something interesting comes along. However, right now there's nothing that really calls out to me enough to justify the credit grind I'd need to do. In the meantime, since they're now part of the tech tree full time, I can play them in the PTS whenever I feel the urge to try them out/familiarize myself with their capabilities.

I think your second question should have included a "not at the present time" option.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles

@Slimeball91 Thanks for the feed back.

1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My credit balance is not in that beautiful place right now, and I anticipate this state of affairs persisting for some time into the future.

Postulating a high enough credit balance (50 million or more remaining AFTER purchase and fit-out), I wouldn't rule it out if something interesting comes along. However, right now there's nothing that really calls out to me enough to justify the credit grind I'd need to do. In the meantime, since they're now part of the tech tree full time, I can play them in the PTS whenever I feel the urge to try them out/familiarize myself with their capabilities.

I think your second question should have included a "not at the present time" option.

I considered a “maybe” type option, but decided it would just muddy the water.  I’d rather a “No” from a “maybe” leaning that was and a “Yes” from a “maybe” leaning that way.

[WHARF]
Members
848 posts
22,508 battles

happy with the ships...got them for CLAN BATTLES...i have enough cash to run them

[NGA-A]
Members
2,655 posts
17,809 battles

My response with regards to whether or not I will get them (which I answered yes to) is conditional on what rewards we receive from the snowflake-style events.

[O_O]
Members
7,898 posts
22,127 battles

The only reason I bought one was for the Base XP in a Super Ship mission that awarded a super container.

Members
2,768 posts

I research/buy tier 10 boats only for the 'flake-type events; they are not played. That being said, I'll see what the tier 11 boats may garner from those events - if there are sufficient rewards for having them, then I'll buy them for 'flake-type events, and they'll stay in port for the rest of the time with zero-pt captains.

Edited by theLaalaa
punctuation
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles

For me Superships are at least 6 months away from even considering buying... IF

Members
692 posts
21,391 battles
30 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I am curious what the rate of supership adoption by forumites is.  We know they are seeing significantly higher use than WG anticipated.

If you have bought one or more superships are you satisfied with the purchase or do you regret having done so?

Even though I have enough silver to buy most of them I have no need for them, my T10's are fine. I played them during the testing phases and really didn't enjoy them but I play mostly CL and DD.  

Members
73 posts
12,236 battles

I don't agree with the whole Super Ship addition to the game and have no interest in spending hard earned credits buying or using them. As someone else mentioned, tier X's work just fine.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
4,302 posts
9,133 battles

Don't have any right now, might get one or two in the future. I don't have any plans to live at Tier 11 in any case.

Assuming I stick with this game long enough given everything else going on.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,985 battles
38 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The only reason I bought one was for the Base XP in a Super Ship mission that awarded a super container.

Same. Picked up the Yamagiri, finished the mission and parked it.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,448 posts
17,289 battles

I was especially interested in the Annapolis as the Salem is one of my favorite Coop ships, but I just do not see the benefits at the moment. Same with with Satsuma, but don’t think I can do much better in her than in the Yamato and Musashi.

Edited by DJC_499
  • Cool 1

[NOVUM]
Members
330 posts
11,348 battles

I suspect most of the people who have been playing the game for years, have all the other tech ships, and have a pile of credits have bought one or more super ships. The real question is how often they actually play their super ships.

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles

I'm saving-up the required amount of credits, and slowly grinding up the tech-tree for the "super" ships that I'm interested in welcoming to my Port.
The Conde' is at the top of my list, but I have to research the Tier-9 and Tier-10 French Cruisers to begin grinding on the Conde'.
It will take a while.  And, I'm not in a hurry.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,942 battles

I’m playing them more than I expected since I make credits in them. They are not profitable enough to sustain my economy goals, though. 

[TXC]
Beta Testers
238 posts
17,704 battles

Id just thought id throw this in here,,  Alot of us dont want or had no intention to buy tier 11 ships, in the hopes of not having it support having in the game regularly.. but there here.. and as much as i didnt want one either ,, the super container directive was calling my name ...

So i bought the Yamagiri just for [edited] and giggles just to do the Directive, because you know there will be more supership directives coming down the line... and even though it very rarely makes any money even with good 100 k games .. id have to admit its a fun little boat.. it has shimmy concealment (5.6) and you can have 2 choices of 2 sets of torpedo's to choose from.. the 20 km (see from space torps) or the 8 km (low det. fast torps)  are a fun choice, and you can switch back and forth mid game between them....

also the burst fire with the 30 sec reload is fun if you know your gonna get close to another dd for knife fighting...

So id imagine the other Superboats have some fun traits also.. so i may buy some when i have enough credits.. or not.. either way im happy with the yamagiri,, i wont play be able to play it regulary,, but maybe as a fun last battle for the day....

[X-PN]
Members
3,853 posts
17,745 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Whether I'm satisfied or not is almost irrelevant.  If you are in a competitive clan, while I wouldn't say "forced", but the inclusion of T11 into clan battles is a strong motivation to have at least one of the likely meta ships on hand. 

Of course that also makes me scared they might eventually unleash T11 CV's on competitive which would be a disaster. Cooler heads should prevent that, but then again it wasn't so long ago we had a double CV T6 season that I can only describe as griefing the community.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[DPG]
Members
47 posts
15,654 battles

I got annapolis and will be using her for running max flags and top camos to farm free xp and capt xp with the first win bonuses each day. I splurged a bunch of games and already earned over half the credits I spent to buy her. Also got since clan battles needs will have them in the future.

[X-PN]
Members
3,853 posts
17,745 battles
15 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I was especially interested in the Annapolis as the Salem is one of my favorite Coop ships, but I just do not see the benefits at the moment. Same with with Satsuma, but don’t think I can do much better in her than in the Yamato and Musashi.

It's very hard to turn a profit in COOP with these.  I just played a Conde game to test it and lost 110k... while it was below my usual 800-900 base at 525 I also have prem and put on a zulu and terra3 flags (the 10% that doesn't exist anymore).  Would have been 150k negative without those

• Thanks 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,827 posts
52 battles

Got the United States since I was told it is hilariously overpowered now and, yeah, it is.
Might get Eagle once (or if) they nerf it.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,942 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Got the United States since I was told it is hilariously overpowered now and, yeah, it is.
Might get Eagle once (or if) they nerf it.

And it is overpowered, holy mercy. 

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,942 battles
12 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

It's very hard to turn a profit in COOP with these.  I just played a Conde game to test it and lost 110k... while it was below my usual 800-900 base at 525 I also have prem and put on a zulu and terra3 flags (the 10% that doesn't exist anymore).  Would have been 150k negative without those

In PVP they need special sauce, like what you are running and a +30 camo or +50 flag.