You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
orchestrasvn090

Ability for American aircraft to use island runways

5 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
5,061 battles

I noticed that CV players aren't able to use the island runways to rearm and refuel their aircraft, and I thought that it would be a cool feature to be used with American aircraft carriers during the game, since in WW2 the United States of America had island bases during the Pacific campaign. I don't know about other countries using my idea for their aircraft carriers, since I'm a patriotic American, and only play with American warships in the game. But, there it is.

• Meh 3

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,248 posts
12,893 battles

Japanese had airbases, US also did and I believe UK did before giving them all up to the US.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,436 posts
17,212 battles

Interesting idea, but these airports would also then become targets for shelling as would the landed planes.

BTW, not to steal this thread, but recently (in a Coop battle) I was shelling a CV and noticed among the "Incapacitation" notifications saw that a plane had been hit/wrecked. I do not recall seeing this before and wondered if that "counted" as a plane kill equal to a shootdown?

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
3,009 battles
On 4/23/2022 at 12:06 PM, DJC_499 said:

BTW, not to steal this thread, but recently (in a Coop battle) I was shelling a CV and noticed among the "Incapacitation" notifications saw that a plane had been hit/wrecked. I do not recall seeing this before and wondered if that "counted" as a plane kill equal to a shootdown?

If I had to guess, that was you destroying an AA gun, not hitting a plane.