Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

Tier 11 premium ships !

34 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles

WG! You know they are coming, how long do we have to wait for them? And how much coal/steel should we start saving?

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
37 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

And how much coal/steel should we start saving?

I would guess all of it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles

But why are you people wanting tier 11, superships drain your credits, tier 11 will probably do the same, i'm sure the whales already have their credit card in hand ready to spend even more money on this game and buy credits for 100 dollars 3 times over to buy every supership in the game along with boosters they will intoduce with the new economic system coming, newsflash, having a supership dosen't make you invincible, maybe you feel like "oh, im top tier, i can't be touched" wrong, you got it all wrong people who think that.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,443 posts
17,255 battles

I have been wondering the same thing and was thinking that the one major (and deliberate) issue with Superships is the high operating cost and that a "Premium/Special" ship classification would allow this cost to be cut in half (or more) along with possibly a corresponding built-in factor to increase (or degrease) credits award (or decrease cost) (analogous to the Missouri) that would minimize/eliminate the credit drain.

I also wonder what will come first the direct sale or a steel ship (or perhaps a new purchasable currency)?

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
25 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

But why are you people wanting tier 11

You people?

Just one guy making a trolly thread. Basically a straw man.

• Sad 1

Members
978 posts
7,905 battles
25 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

But why are you people wanting tier 11, superships drain your credits, tier 11 will probably do the same, i'm sure the whales already have their credit card in hand ready to spend even more money on this game and buy credits for 100 dollars 3 times over to buy every supership in the game along with boosters they will intoduce with the new economic system coming, newsflash, having a supership dosen't make you invincible, maybe you feel like "oh, im top tier, i can't be touched" wrong, you got it all wrong people who think that.

They don't cost that much to play. It's less than $1 US per game and you can get it back with a few Tier 8, 9 or 10 games.

[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,523 battles
29 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

Assuming super premiums follow the established pattern, then they would cost less to run inherently. 

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
6 hours ago, Itsj_p said:

1) This is a trolly thread, likely making fun of WG’s previous statement when the game was young that premium ships wouldn’t go past tier VIII (Tirpitz was a big deal when she released as the first tier VIII premium). WG also has a tendency to make decisions to their short-sighted benefit but to their and the game’s long-term detriment, so the company changing course to release “premium superships” that earn more credits despite the purpose of “superships” being to drain players credits is sadly not that difficult to imagine.

2) The tier XIs the OP is referring to and “superships” are one and the same. WG can call them what they want, but these “superships” are tier XI in all but name. The fact that they are generally superior to tier X ships, can’t face tier VIII ships outside of a fail division (i.e. they are treated as tier XI by the MM), and they receive a tier XI bonus from the Survivability Expert skill makes this pretty apparent. WG originally tried to present them as “alternate” tier Xs with different mechanics (burst fire, alternate torpedoes, etc), but even that narrative doesn’t hold up any more with the reveal of the WIP tier XI German cruiser, which has no such special mechanics and is simply a bigger and more powerful Hindenburg.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[X-PN]
Members
3,841 posts
17,725 battles
1 hour ago, Dudefella said:

You people?

Maybe but it's a legitimate concern....

Not only are Superships AKA T11 a direct nerf to a player's credit earning but also XP and FreeXP....  That's right.... you get exactly zero clan bonuses for those items.... but weirdly enough still get CXP... why?   Why does WG do anything that they do?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,709 battles
3 hours ago, Dudefella said:

You people?

people probably thought that when people made threads about T9 and T10 premiums and look where we are now, at this point with WG, nothing is a matter of "if" it'll happen, its "when"

Edited by tcbaker777

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,342 posts
9,621 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

(Tirpitz was a big deal when she released as the first tier VIII premium).

I recall Atago being older than Tirpitz.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,581 posts
24 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Atago was made for sale before Tirp.

Atago:

"Added to the game in Update 0.4.0 (Beta) as a Tier VIII premium ship."

Update 0.4.0 Release Date was: 25 June 2015

Tirp:

"Available for testing by supertesters in the game starting from Update 0.4.0.4 .  First on sale in the Premium Store from September 10 to September 25, 2015."

September 10 2015 would have been in update 0.4.1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
33 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

16 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Atago was made for sale before Tirp.

Atago:

"Added to the game in Update 0.4.0 (Beta) as a Tier VIII premium ship."

Update 0.4.0 Release Date was: 25 June 2015

Tirp:

"Available for testing by supertesters in the game starting from Update 0.4.0.4 .  First on sale in the Premium Store from September 10 to September 25, 2015."

September 10 2015 would have been in update 0.4.1

Correct, of course. Must have slipped my mind because Tirpitz was the first tier VIII premium introduced after the game left Beta. :Smile_facepalm:

Although tier VIII Kitakami technically preceded both of them. :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
978 posts
7,905 battles
3 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Maybe but it's a legitimate concern....

Not only are Superships AKA T11 a direct nerf to a player's credit earning but also XP and FreeXP....  That's right.... you get exactly zero clan bonuses for those items.... but weirdly enough still get CXP... why?   Why does WG do anything that they do?

If people reading this thread didn't know better they probably would think these ships cost them a weeks salary to play. We are talking about losing 40 to 60 cents, US per game which can easily be earned back with a few T10 and lower games. You could play five super ship games for the price of a Big Mac happy meal supersized.

Members
653 posts
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

WG! You know they are coming, how long do we have to wait for them? And how much coal/steel should we start saving?

They should be more expensive than Puerto Rico, should they not? 'Cause tier 11...

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

people probably thought that when people made threads about T9 and T10 premiums and look where we are now, at this point with WG, nothing is a matter of "if" it'll happen, its "when"

Okay. Touché. 

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles
39 minutes ago, Lazy_Joe said:

They should be more expensive than Puerto Rico, should they not? 'Cause tier 11...

Beats me, i’m just hoping coal and or steel will be able to buy them and not only dubloons

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Beats me, i’m just hoping coal and or steel will be able to buy them and not only dubloons

I can see it now… 150k Research Points. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Nevermore135

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

They’ll be $200, and WG won’t bother to put them up for any other currency. 

[KLUTZ]
Members
29 posts
3,976 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

They’ll be $200, and WG won’t bother to put them up for any other currency. 

im good with it - bring it on

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Coal?  Ahahahaha!

Eventually sure, like salem naploli yoshino etc et c etc. Although you’re probably right, at that point there will be tier 12 ships for sale via dubs.

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles
21 hours ago, Itsj_p said:

superships don't make YOU invincible!

shot-22.04.23_15.14.41-0575.jpg

shot-22.04.23_15.14.55-0876.jpg

shot-22.04.23_15.15.14-0733.jpg

shot-22.04.23_15.15.18-0526.jpg

Sign in to follow this