Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
XconstrictorX

Unsporting conduct warning for sucking?

21 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
713 battles

I think i just got an Unsporting conduct warning for just being bad at CV's I havn't played in years and just started again recently and the mechanics are completely different. I understand i wasn't very helpful but i think a warning was a bit harsh at least for a co-op match. Is there a way to learn without playing with other players so i don't massively offend someone again in the future? Any recomended youtubers i can watch so i can "git gud" ? Anyway. that was my small rant. All my other matches were great.  Thanks for  reading. Have a great day. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
10 minutes ago, XconstrictorX said:

Is there a way to learn without playing with other players so i don't massively offend someone again in the future? Any recomended youtubers i can watch so i can "git gud" ? Anyway. that was my small rant. All my other matches were great.  Thanks for  reading. Have a great day. 

PTS right now...

If Co-op is becoming toxic... PTS is where you should go to just fool around with an unknown ship.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
713 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

PTS right now...

If Co-op is becoming toxic... PTS is where you should go to just fool around with an unknown ship.

Thanks. i'll look into it. PTS? Some sort of public test server?

Members
6 posts
713 battles
10 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You can practice in the training room.

Ahhh. I just saw training battes in the select batte type menu. thanks . 

Members
3,062 posts
25,648 battles
1 minute ago, XconstrictorX said:

Thanks. i'll look into it. PTS? Some sort of public test server?

Yes pts is for the public test server. You can install it going to the install new instance option in WGC and selecting public test in the drop down box

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles
40 minutes ago, XconstrictorX said:

I think i just got an Unsporting conduct warning for just being bad at CV's I havn't played in years and just started again recently and the mechanics are completely different. I understand i wasn't very helpful but i think a warning was a bit harsh at least for a co-op match. Is there a way to learn without playing with other players so i don't massively offend someone again in the future? Any recomended youtubers i can watch so i can "git gud" ? Anyway. that was my small rant. All my other matches were great.  Thanks for  reading. Have a great day. 

If by “unsporting conduct warning” you mean you turned pink for inactivity, that has nothing to do with reports or toxicity and is completely automated. It can happen easily if you don’t deal any damage in a CV, since your hull is typically not involved in combat so you don’t gain much experience through other means. The system essentially thinks your were AFK for the whole battle.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
6 posts
713 battles
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

If by “unsporting conduct warning” you mean you turned pink for inactivity, that has nothing to do with reports or toxicity and is completely automated. It can happen easily if you don’t deal any damage in a CV, since your hull is typically not involved in combat so you don’t gain much experience through other means. The system essentially thinks your were AFK for the whole battle.

That makes perfect sense. thanks for the insight. 

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles
48 minutes ago, XconstrictorX said:

Did you do any damage during the match?  If not then the system will automatically flag you as "Unsporting".

[U_S_A]
Beta Testers
68 posts
2,946 battles

Yeah, I’ve turned pink because I had a sucky game in a CV. The matches are fast so you only have a few shots. 

We still win. 

[BUF]
Members
193 posts
12,846 battles

Just play in Co-Op until you get the hang of it.  Nobody cares if you're AFK in Co-Op (they actually welcome that) so a bad CV won't be noticed.  Just be prepared to lose credits as carriers and other "damage over time" kind of ships have a hard time keeping up with torp loaded DD's.

Members
133 posts
5,740 battles
On 4/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, XconstrictorX said:

It's a learning mode, don't worry about it. Those of us who are Coop junkies actually appreciate non-contributing teammates because that leaves more bots for us to kill :)

As far as CVs go, I've found Toptier's videos to be helpful. I played a ton of Coop games in Langley, Hermes, and Hosho and eventually got the hang of it.

Edited by TripleLibby

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
221 posts

I don't like this rule at all, I do active with CV, but aircraft got all destroyed before chance to bomb ship, but I got punish for inactive but that is not true, I do active in the gameplay, this isn't fun, this type of rule just make game worse. 

Edited by Humility925
  • Cool 1

[U_S_A]
Beta Testers
68 posts
2,946 battles
23 hours ago, Humility925 said:

I don't like this rule at all, I do active with CV, but aircraft got all destroyed before chance to bomb ship, but I got punish for inactive but that is not true, I do active in the gameplay, this isn't fun, this type of rule just make game worse. 

I agree. As long as you are using your WASD key you shouldn’t be penalized for being AFK. 

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
On 4/22/2022 at 6:43 PM, XconstrictorX said:

On 4/24/2022 at 3:01 AM, Humility925 said:

4 hours ago, poppavein said:

I agree. As long as you are using your WASD key you shouldn’t be penalized for being AFK. 

What you could do (yea, I know, but if enough folks do it they might adjust the triggers for the warnings) when this happens is submit a customer service ticket along with a replay. Replay would show that you sere actively playing. 

[U_S_A]
Beta Testers
68 posts
2,946 battles
1 hour ago, Swervenkill said:

Just curious, did you move your carrier during the game?

Yes, first thing I do is set a course. 
When you are learning a CV, you miss a lot, but in coop you only have time for a few shots. 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles

@Ahskance, there was a thread on reddit today about this same issue (playing Coop to learn a CV and getting a warning) by someone different. Might bare looking into. You shouldn't get dinged for trying to learn a ship.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
3 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm curious if this new no damage game being a penalty is also applied to surface ships?

I am sure it has... we are the reason we can't have nice things...

plane damage doesn't count, which means this was put in place to counter afk ships earning rewards for a match...

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
926 posts

The meta in Co-Op is fast ship with Torps = I win.

Matches are over super fast due to this and as a CV there are times you get one or two attacks depending on where you are, especially with how slow your planes are.

Cirran

Sign in to follow this