You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BetaParticle

7 vs 7 Battleships only?

would you play a battleships only game mode?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. would you play a battleships only game mode?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

12 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,401 battles

Battleships!!

Subs, new CVs, super ships, cool but that's not what i think the game needs. how about more maps and game modes. id personally like so see a game mode where battleships can go toe to toe without any intervention. although it can be done effectively given the rare and right circumstances in random battles, its a great gameplay thrill when bbs can go all in without fear of torps or HE spam. something like a 7 vs 7 battleship brawl mode would be cool and i feel like there might be a lot of players who would partake in the opportunity to bring out their favorite turtle of an elephant ship that has been benched because its no match for an invisible spamming forest sherman that can shoot 487 million shells a minute with a 623 percent chance of setting fires from 35 billion KM away.  In my opinion this is a great game though I fear it is following a path similar to world of tanks. In an effort to keep players entertained new content is continuously being added, however, like world of tanks the new content always seems to be more unfairly balanced making it hard for older content to compete. now, as a relatively new player i still have a lot to learn about the game and how to play effectively in certain situations though the more i play the stronger my opinion grows and it seems there a lot of players who feel the same way, not counting what I read in game chat obviously. see, in my opinion the game doesn't need subs, it doesn't need more CVs, it doesn't need more super ships. what it needs is more maps, more game modes, more events etc. More variety in what to do I think would go a lot further than more ships to play. But like i said im just a relatively new player so this might seem like a dumb idea or might not see any attention whatsoever, still Battleships are cool and so is this game mode idea in my opinion. let me know what you think!

• Boring 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles

You should've been here when Tirpitz first came out.  Oh man, that was a hoot! :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles

If there was a BB only game mode with -0/+0 tier MM that you had to pay an extra $100.00 a month for, then not only would I play it but so many others who have quit the game like me would pay it and WG would make enough money to by there respect back.

But we all know that wont happen.

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles
9 hours ago, BetaParticle said:

Battleships!!

Subs, new CVs, super ships, cool but that's not what i think the game needs. how about more maps and game modes. id personally like so see a game mode where battleships can go toe to toe without any intervention. although it can be done effectively given the rare and right circumstances in random battles, its a great gameplay thrill when bbs can go all in without fear of torps or HE spam. something like a 7 vs 7 battleship brawl mode would be cool and i feel like there might be a lot of players who would partake in the opportunity to bring out their favorite turtle of an elephant ship that has been benched because its no match for an invisible spamming forest sherman that can shoot 487 million shells a minute with a 623 percent chance of setting fires from 35 billion KM away.  In my opinion this is a great game though I fear it is following a path similar to world of tanks. In an effort to keep players entertained new content is continuously being added, however, like world of tanks the new content always seems to be more unfairly balanced making it hard for older content to compete. now, as a relatively new player i still have a lot to learn about the game and how to play effectively in certain situations though the more i play the stronger my opinion grows and it seems there a lot of players who feel the same way, not counting what I read in game chat obviously. see, in my opinion the game doesn't need subs, it doesn't need more CVs, it doesn't need more super ships. what it needs is more maps, more game modes, more events etc. More variety in what to do I think would go a lot further than more ships to play. But like i said im just a relatively new player so this might seem like a dumb idea or might not see any attention whatsoever, still Battleships are cool and so is this game mode idea in my opinion. let me know what you think!

This was commonplace early in the game’s history during ranked.

it sounds fun but this game does not support a line of battle since they have decided the strongest armor in real life should be the weakest in game - cit to broadside, boom your dead.

finally no one wants to scout/spot so it becomes a camp fest with the first ship to be spotted dying and so forth.

So sadly probably not the best mode for fun.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,137 battles
8 hours ago, Volron said:

You should've been here when Tirpitz first came out.  Oh man, that was a hoot! :Smile_izmena:

It was the Tirpitz-apocalypse. 

But then...a Lone Colorado with his trusty rifle aimed for the deck with AP. 

Suddenly.  Tirpitz: "Alarm! Ze American has Citadeled us! Turn ze ship around, Shnell! Schnell!

Lone Colorado: "Reloading. Damn this ship is slow as molasses. That German BB is turning around. Aim again for the deck! Break that deck!"

Tirpitz: "Run! Ze American Colorado has range! Ve got Citadeled again!"

RNG: * In a Christopher Walken accent. "Wow! You know. I am seeing a lot of holes in that German BB that shouldn't have..happened! Wow! That Colorado can shoot. Amazing!"

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
15 hours ago, BetaParticle said:

its a great gameplay thrill when bbs can go all in without fear of torps or HE spam.

battleships also have torps, HE spam and smoke.

but yeah, i get what you mean.. I'd have a go, sounds fun.

edit - have to be on the ocean map (no islands)... now that sounds really fun

Edited by Retarie
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,239 battles
8 hours ago, Volron said:

Funny....as I was remembering exactly the same thing....

• Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,217 battles

you could test it out in the training room with 13 other BB players or bots if you can't find enough players, sign me up if you get around to organising one.

Members
7 posts
1,401 battles
11 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

you could test it out in the training room with 13 other BB players or bots if you can't find enough players, sign me up if you get around to organising one.

you i have been wanting to host something like a tournament if i could get enough players, i would even personally award the winners

and i wish i was around for the tirpitz days lol that sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

if i could get enough players to form some teams id find away to make a pretty fun tournament and i would also stream it and do all the grunt work, all the players would have to do is show up, play and collect rewards if they win. though the first tournament or 2 players would have to be patient with me while i figure out a fluent and effective system for hosting as to keep it entertaining for both players and viewers.

Members
7 posts
1,401 battles
18 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

This was commonplace early in the game’s history during ranked.

it sounds fun but this game does not support a line of battle since they have decided the strongest armor in real life should be the weakest in game - cit to broadside, boom your dead.

finally no one wants to scout/spot so it becomes a camp fest with the first ship to be spotted dying and so forth.

So sadly probably not the best mode for fun.

i feel like the camp fest issue could be solved with small maps

Members
7 posts
1,401 battles

I do think I am going to try and set up a tourny if anyone is interested PM me in game, i work during the day so i wont reply til early evening so be patient i will probably make another forum post about it when i work out the details