You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diego98

No Mikasa in New Containers?

17 comments in this topic

[WOWA_]
Beta Testers
32 posts
6,950 battles

So there are going to be premium ship containers available again in the Community Tokens tab. Something interesting I saw is that in the new low tier containers (Tier II-IV) the Mikasa is not available.

There are some obvious reasons why some other ships aren't there, like for example the Imperator Nikolai and the König Albert. Mikasa is not considered a rare ship, it's still in the shop right now, and nobody has ever said it is OP; I would even say there are more powerful ships in that drop list, while none of them being necessarily OP. It cannot be because of it's price tag either, from tier III all ships are more expensive than her, except for the Campbeltown, Dreadnought being the most expensive from the drop list, 1500 doubloons above the Mikasa.  So why is the Mikasa excluded from the drops then? Is it an oversight or something? Would love to get a clarification on that.

tier2-4.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles

Not counting the Limas, I believe I have all of those already.

Almirante Abreu first time available anywhere! other then outright gift.

• Sad 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
208 posts
7,701 battles

Do we know the cost of the containers yet ? 

reason I ask is that I was wondering if it is cheaper to get the ships available now on the armoury for tokens, or wait to get them in a container later (if you wanted an Exeter/Leningrad or Ishisuchi)

e.g 10,000 points for Ishisuchi VS tier 2-4 container for ?

[SUNK-]
Members
331 posts
8,229 battles

I like how the OP asked why the Mikasa is not in the boxes, and yet all the answers have nothing to do with why they think the Mikasa is not in the boxes.

My guess is that those ships in the boxes were possibly given away for free in special promotions and/or sold for cheap on sale. Or maybe the Mikasa is selling well enough on its own, so WG doesn't see the need to add it to boxes?

• Cool 4

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
11 hours ago, FUBAR_4_sure said:

It's really not worth having, and most certainly not worth complaining about.

As someone who has it I would disagree with you. Funny how that works...

• Thanks 1

[WOWA_]
Beta Testers
32 posts
6,950 battles
19 hours ago, FUBAR_4_sure said:

Just for historical importance I would say it's worth having. And any ship given for free is welcome imo

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
8 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

As someone who has it I would disagree with you. Funny how that works...

Secondary memery?

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles

Because of her historical significance, status as a museum, and unique place in the game as the only tier II BB, I would not be surprised if players are slightly more likely to spend real cash on Mikasa than other tier II-IV premiums.

Edited by Nevermore135

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Secondary memery?

But of course. With Mikasa is there any other way?

[4HIM]
Members
3,708 posts
22,109 battles

I agree they're still selling for real money. It is a fun ship. I remember one time on the BoBS Christmas stream TCFreer was giving out Mikasa rentals. Then having everyone sync drop. Games with 5 per side. Then he set up a training room. Only Mikasa but you couldn't use main battery. 

[ZZZZ]
Members
307 posts
11,100 battles

Non-collab/lunar new year/alpha/beta/Black Friday ships not included in these crates:

II-IV: Vampire, Mikasa, Imperator Nikolai I, König Albert

V: Kamikaze/R/Fujin, Gremyashchy, Oklahoma, Giulio Cesare

VII: Z-39, FR25, Haida, Flint, Belfast, Nelson

Many of these have known reasons to not be included (whether logical or arbitrarily being made rare), but Vampire, Mikasa, and Flint should be included. (Arguably König Albert, Oklahoma as well.)

Similarly FR25, Maya & Toulon should be added once enough time passes.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles
2 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

Many of these have known reasons to not be included (whether logical or arbitrarily being made rare), but Vampire, Mikasa, and Flint should be included. (Arguably König Albert, Oklahoma as well.)

Vampire and Konig Albert are ships that WG has decided to make arbitrarily “rare,” with a limited and discontinuous release schedule. KA is also pretty strong for her tier.

Mikasa is likely excluded because the spreadsheet shows people are willing to purchase her, despite being such a low tier.

Flint will likely never show up in tier VII containers for the same reason her cost in the Armory is so inflated: a misguided attempt to not “devalue” her for those who earned the ship in Ranked or purchased her for steel (which is what the coal price is based on). I say this as a someone who purchased her for steel. Offering the ship to others at a more reasonable coal price years later does not in any way devalue the ship sitting in my port.

I expect OK is not included because she is a collection reward, and that has been the sole way in which she is obtainable since her release.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,829 posts
10,524 battles
On 4/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, FUBAR_4_sure said:

She's a blast to play. 

Not sure what you are talking about here.

[MAR_U]
Members
163 posts
8,998 battles
6 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

Non-collab/lunar new year/alpha/beta/Black Friday ships not included in these crates:

II-IV: Vampire, Mikasa, Imperator Nikolai I, König Albert

V: Kamikaze/R/Fujin, Gremyashchy, Oklahoma, Giulio Cesare

VII: Z-39, FR25, Haida, Flint, Belfast, Nelson

Similarly FR25, Maya & Toulon should be added once enough time passes.

Yeah I wanted the commonwealth dds bad… I expected Haida would be missing, but thought vampire would make an appearance. Guess WG won’t suck out all my community credits, some coal, and some dubs that I’d have spent to ensure I get it. 

4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Vampire and Konig Albert are ships that WG has decided to make arbitrarily “rare,” with a limited and discontinuous release schedule. KA is also pretty strong for her tier.

You don’t happen to recall how frequently vampire becomes available do you? No subs and “just dodge” being actually somewhat effective at t3 (at least for a DD) makes for a nice change every so often lol. I was really looking forward to these crates returning specifically because I thought the OG vampire would be in them.