Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dechion

A few thoughts on the upcoming economic changes

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,337 battles

Based on what I have read in the devblog and in the comments by @Ahskance yesterday a few things occurred to me..

It was stated that the economic bonuses of the different levels of economic boost would be similar to now. Without numbers I am thinking something like this:

No camo/signals - no bonus

Expendable camo OR basic economic flags - tier 1 bonus

Expendable camo AND basic economic flags - tier 2 bonus

Rare (and good) expendable camo OR dragon flags + basic economic flags - tier 3 bonus

Rare (and good) expendable camo AND dragon flags + basic economic flags - tier 4 bonus

It was stated that the economic benefits from a permanent camo would be baked into the ship, and slots for bonuses will still be available.

It was stated that the permanent economic bonus would cost less than the current permanent camo, but that the visual "skin" would be sold separately to make up the same current cost.

It was also stated that WG is planning to err on the side of generosity when the conversion goes down.

All this got me thinking.

First, I plan to hold off on buying any permanent camos until after the change, since I'm most interested in the bonuses and not so much the visuals. I can save a few bucks that way.

Second I plan to shift my focus from collecting coal in containers to collecting camos and signals. I'm banking on the generosity in the conversion process to put me ahead as far as having a good stockpile of bonuses going forward. 

Last with the bonuses from permanent camo being baked into the ship, but the tier 4 bonus accounting for having one of the rare and good camos with full flags running a tier 4 set of bonuses on a ship that already has permanent camo will allow us to essentially double up on the camo bonuses compared to now.

Say I'm doing a free XP mission but playing a premium ship. At this point if I swap out my permanent camo for a singe use one for the free XP bonus I lose the bonuses that the permanent camo has. That will not be the case, we will be able to stack them.

Just a few random thoughts as the coffee starts doing its thing.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
30,536 battles

Doing the coffee thing myself after working all night. Got a lot to do today.

My mind has been just going about how to use this change to my benefit. Should I stock up on signals or camos using credits now (seems a bad option with so little information) or should I just hold on to what I have, collect the freebies and wait to see (seems the best strategy)?   I like the idea of stockpiling because that is what I normally do anyways. I tend only to use my signals and one use camos when farming Operations which I do infrequently now. Really feel I need more information before making any real decisions about what to do. I like the idea of switching from Resource crates to Signals using your logic. Seems a smart move IMHO. 

It is good to see that I am not the only one pondering this.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,337 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Doing the coffee thing myself after working all night. Got a lot to do today.

My mind has been just going about how to use this change to my benefit. Should I stock up on signals or camos using credits now (seems a bad option with so little information) or should I just hold on to what I have, collect the freebies and wait to see (seems the best strategy)?   I like the idea of stockpiling because that is what I normally do anyways. I tend only to use my signals and one use camos when farming Operations which I do infrequently now. Really feel I need more information before making any real decisions about what to do. I like the idea of switching from Resource crates to Signals using your logic. Seems a smart move IMHO. 

It is good to see that I am not the only one pondering this.

Another thing this will allow is more effective stacking of bonuses. Right now for instance if I look at my camos very few have all four potential bonuses, most having two or maybe three. I'll be able to pick and choose which I want more efficiently.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
30,536 battles
34 minutes ago, dechion said:

Another thing this will allow is more effective stacking of bonuses. Right now for instance if I look at my camos very few have all four potential bonuses, most having two or maybe three. I'll be able to pick and choose which I want more efficiently.

Agreed. The changes look to be good for the player. Confusing as all heck but once we see how it is implemented, it probably will be a good thing. I am imagining the Booster system they use in Tanks and that isn't all that hard to understand. The DevBlog is a mess, the explanations here in the forums are all over the place and the people doing the explaining are self proclaimed "experts" on the game so there is confusion and disorder. Once the fur stops flying and we have more real information where the actual experts can crunch numbers and test the new system, I expect things will calm down a bit. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Agreed. The changes look to be good for the player. Confusing as all heck but once we see how it is implemented, it probably will be a good thing. I am imagining the Booster system they use in Tanks and that isn't all that hard to understand. The DevBlog is a mess, the explanations here in the forums are all over the place and the people doing the explaining are self proclaimed "experts" on the game so there is confusion and disorder. Once the fur stops flying and we have more real information where the actual experts can crunch numbers and test the new system, I expect things will calm down a bit. 

Simpler solution; leave everything the hell alone.

No muss, no fuss.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

my suggest...

and yeah its waaay too late.,...

Give camos bonus slots, and leave signal flags alone...

each camo, can have multiple booster slots, which can take one only of each booster...

this would allow ppl to apply boosters, 25/50/100% whatever for each resource and then still be able to stack signals...

and get the same end result we have today.(at least for resource earnings)

[IHW]
Members
14 posts

I have been following the continuing downward spiral in the quality of the gameplay, the utter disregard of WOW management for player feedback, as regards the many changes promulgated by the WOW management in the last year. By and large there is nothing we as players can do regarding the direction WOW management chooses to make in gameplay.

NOT THIS TIME.

I serve notice, I have already contacted my attorney. WOW entered a contract when "selling" permanent camouflages based upon the doubloon system, a system attainable via a monetary exchange. There was clearly a quid pro quo agreed to by both parties, WOW and each player, in this fiduciary based contract. A "permanent camouflage" with SPECIFIC values was "sold" to the player in exchange for a specified valuation of doubloons, those doubloons specifically purchased in a financial transaction with WOW (see the "premium" WOW website for current values of doubloons in US currency.) specifically promoted by WOW for that permanent camouflage. Further the "value" of any premium warships purchased with doubloons where a permanent camouflage was attached is vastly negatively impacted (in the case of tier 10 ships that negative change resulting in a 50% negative change per any use of said ships with the elimination of the permanent camouflage).One side of a contract is not allowed to violate that contract at will.

If WOW management does decide to make any changes to camouflages already bought and paid for then I expect a FULL REFUND of any monies spent acquiring those camouflages as well as monies spent for any impacted premium ships. Be warned I am fully prepared to institute a class action suit against WOW in the event that negative contractual changes are made affecting my investment value already placed in this game.

brywoo on the WOW North American server

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
438 posts
7,566 battles
16 hours ago, brywoo said:

I have been following the continuing downward spiral in the quality of the gameplay, the utter disregard of WOW management for player feedback, as regards the many changes promulgated by the WOW management in the last year. By and large there is nothing we as players can do regarding the direction WOW management chooses to make in gameplay.

NOT THIS TIME.

I serve notice, I have already contacted my attorney. WOW entered a contract when "selling" permanent camouflages based upon the doubloon system, a system attainable via a monetary exchange. There was clearly a quid pro quo agreed to by both parties, WOW and each player, in this fiduciary based contract. A "permanent camouflage" with SPECIFIC values was "sold" to the player in exchange for a specified valuation of doubloons, those doubloons specifically purchased in a financial transaction with WOW (see the "premium" WOW website for current values of doubloons in US currency.) specifically promoted by WOW for that permanent camouflage. Further the "value" of any premium warships purchased with doubloons where a permanent camouflage was attached is vastly negatively impacted (in the case of tier 10 ships that negative change resulting in a 50% negative change per any use of said ships with the elimination of the permanent camouflage).One side of a contract is not allowed to violate that contract at will.

If WOW management does decide to make any changes to camouflages already bought and paid for then I expect a FULL REFUND of any monies spent acquiring those camouflages as well as monies spent for any impacted premium ships. Be warned I am fully prepared to institute a class action suit against WOW in the event that negative contractual changes are made affecting my investment value already placed in this game.

brywoo on the WOW North American server

Dude. You keep the permanent bonuses and the camos.

Sign in to follow this